Haulie Island permanent ! (Map of TruckersMP Tournament 2023)

Ali Laf

Hello to all,

As the title says, I would like the Haulie Island map to be permanently available on the Euro Truck Simulator 2 MP servers.

I think that it can bring only positive things,
- A dedicated place for those who want to compete and let off steam
- An area of exchange and discussion
- large spaces for meetings

Moreover I think that if the players use this place well, it will be positive on the rest of the map where people can enjoy the simulation fully and in the rules!

I thank you for reading and I hope that many of you will support this idea !

Desktop Screenshot 2023.03.13 - 12.41.16.23.png

• Upvote 7

Président de l'Association des Chauffeurs Français [A.C.F]

Chauffeur poids lourds (rp)

TMPID: 52161

FRANÇAIS

The great advantage is that the island is isolated from the rest of the map, so common sense rules can be applied as in the event, for example since there is no speed limit on the island, it would be a collision free zone.
The advantage of this way is that there is no need for moderators to monitor what is going on there 🙂

• Like 1

FRANÇAIS

11 minutes ago, User_52161 said:

The great advantage is that the island is isolated from the rest of the map, so common sense rules can be applied as in the event, for example since there is no speed limit on the island, it would be a collision free zone.
The advantage of this way is that there is no need for moderators to monitor what is going on there 🙂

Wait there. But we already have the Arcade server. So why do you need it to be a no-collision zone then?

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, User_52161 said:

but there still need to be some moderation coverage for the cb-radio and chat.

• Thanks 1

I was thinking of a no-collision zone so that the staff interventions are reduced to voice and text chat.
After that it's only a suggestion, the main topic is the addition of Haulie Island 😄
I'd like to see anything working as long as this island is accessible 😉

FRANÇAIS

• Ali Laf changed the title to Haulie Island permanent ! (Map of TruckersMP Tournament 2023)

It would be a great idea on the Arcade server, I'd support that. 

However, I do believe that racing on a "simulation" server isn't the intendet purpose and people might come to the race track to ram others away. Therfore, the race track would need to be a no collision zone. 

• Thanks 1

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

If Haulie Island has to be available only on non-ProMods Arcade server, everything is basically set. If the same location has to be also available on Simulation server as well, additional type of zone, where speed limit is disabled along with no collision between players would have to be implemented in TruckersMP. The new zone would have to cover the entire island, which happens to be in the middle of Northern Sea. 

• Thanks 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

I have the impression that since my post the opinions remain positive !
There are obviously a lot of things to work out but it's very encouraging !

If you also support this idea don't hesitate to add a comment, it would help to have several opinions and ways of seeing !

FRANÇAIS

As a VTC owner this place would be perfect for recruiting new members, Haulie Island adds a kind of selection, we could see the qualities of driving, reflexes of the drivers.
And especially to give a friendly space, each VTC can allocate a day on the circuit in order to establish links between members.

Haulie Island is a bit like when you finish a day's work and you want to relax !
And above all, it supports the mappers who created this great event !

• Like 1

FRANÇAIS

I could argue about friendliness or the notion that race track should be a recruiting place for VTC, but to each their own.

There are few things I would add:

I don't see a problem with this as long as it is completely separated from rest ot the world, becuase it's a new land on water, where there's nothing, there should be less problems with updates.

However, I see there is a ferry connection, that presumably connects to existing ferry port somewhere on the mainland, or ferry port is also added there. Don't know which is true as I haven't ever been there, but this could cause a problem,  someone may end up there by mistake.

I would suggest to remove ferry connection and add a garage and service to be used with quick travel function as the only means to reach the island from anywhere on the map. This would ensure that one must actively look for the way in.

No-collision zone for the whole island would make sense, as otherwise it would inevitably become playground for trolls who would try to disrupt anything friendly taking place there.

Just an idea, but if there's collisions enabled, I would suggest a whole island wide speed limit zone of 160km/h for simulation server to at least keep some connection to realism. This is the rule of ETRC series, a unique in motorsport, because those vehicles have minumum weight of 5,3t (still way less than standard road truck). That's still plenty of speed and would create equal ground in power for competiotons, making actual driving skills that more improtant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for developing your answer, regarding the trip to Haulie Island it is indeed done by ferry from the Europort and the destination is well differentiated.
Your idea is rather good on the displacement by fast travel, that can be a possible solution.
Concerning the collisions, I think that at such speeds it is better not to activate them, but the choice remains with the administration of TruckersMP.
During the event there were no collisions and on the second day the speed was unlimited. (1st day limited to 150Km/h)

Hoping that this idea will see the day 😄

FRANÇAIS

• 2 months later...

I was able to enjoy the map during TruckersMP's 9th anniversary, which was great, but it would be better if this map were integrated into Server 1 so that it could be accessed much more easily!
What's more, you could use the space on this map to set up an exhibition of trucks, trailers and accessories related to the world of ETS2 and TruckersMP! 😄

FRANÇAIS

We saw on the previous event that if Haulie Island is opened on a sparsely populated server, there won't be many people, but I logged on every day it was open and that's how it was.
I'm convinced that if Haulie Island integrates ALL servers, whether in simulation or arcade, the population on site would be greater than on TruckersMP's 9th anniversary!
A simple but effective idea would be to create construction zones (for future events) where players would have to make deliveries to "move the project forward", so that everyone would feel part of TruckersMP 🙂

FRANÇAIS