Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

What was the cause of this situation?

Inthernet

What was the cause of this situation?  

76 members have voted

1. 1. What was the cause of this situation?

• The speed limiter was the cause
    • It was not a good timing to overtake

I was driving with a friend, doing 80-90 on the rural roads on EU#1.  A driver overtakes both of us in one go.  The overtake takes a long time, and I take avoiding action to minimise the risk for all involved.

Watch the video then decide:  What was the cause of this situation?

1. The speed limiter.  With no speed limiter, the other guy would be doing 140km/h and the overtake would be over very quickly.

2. The overtake was timed poorly, because the slower trucks were already going very close to 90km/h.

P.s. The voice belongs to my friend, my mic input was not picked up.

P.p.s. I was doing a little below 90 so that my friend could keep up with his heavier trailer.  Also, his 90km/h was equivalent to my 87km/h due to strange hardware issues.

Just bad driving on the Polish driver's part. In no way along that stretch was there long enough distance to see that there is no oncoming vehicles due to the turns in the road, it was an accident waiting to happen. Also since you were near the speed limit, the Polish driver should of just hung back and drove behind you, since he wouldn't of had the momentum to make a safe overtake, and would only crawl along side you, or force you to slow down like you did. Speed limiter was not the problem, bad driving was!

Bad spot to overtake but why are you doing 20 over the limit?

Fair play for slowing down to let him to overtake but doing that speed makes it harder for both parties and even if someone is caught coming the other direction.

5ekjGCj.png

Intel i7 7700k│ASUS ROG Maximus IX Hero│G.SKILL TridentZ RGB 16GB 3000MHz │EVGA GTX 1080 FTW│EVGA SuperNOVA 850W P2│Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe M.2/Samsung 850 EVO 500GB│Corsair H100i v2│Corsair iCUE 465x RGB

Audio Technica AD700's│Beyerdymanic DT770's 80Ω│Corsair Strafe RGB Blues│Logitech G502 Spectrum│Alienware AW3420DW

He shouldn't have tried to overtake. But your were speeding too. if I see someone overtaking me and the risk of collision, I slow down and stick to the right (left when in the UK) to allow him/her to complete the overtaking safely (because I know that almost noone hits the brakes to merge behind, even if they see incoming traffic). So, in my opinion, that's just bad driving... and that applies to all of you. Your GPS shows a clear 60 Km/h limit for that road.

oh its just a game have fun :P He just overtook you (yeah there was a bend and irl it would be bad) but this is a game stop getting so stressed :P

Also:

who was hurt: Noone

so guess what, nothing is wrong here :P

stop being so silly and finding things to complain about :P

oooh here come the mods to abuse me (vodka, craigals in particular) :P

well without speedlimiter some of the tight bends would have been difficult to take at 120+

anyway kinda poorly timed overtake,you can use tab screen too safely overtake people in blind corners tough. (doesnt looks safe but it can be)

but its rather annoying when someone drivers 80-85 too overtake the person on country roads due too the fact that your stuck at 90.

big +1 for your braking tough

Defenatelly not the best place to ovetake with continiously turns but if you wanted to help you could reduce your speed to let him get in your lane quicker with speed limiter off you woulc be out in the first 2 turns because he would hit you unless he has a wheel.

My In-Game Status:image.png

:) Drop a Like if you found my answer helpfull and don't hesitate to PM me either here or on Steam :)

76561198034018322.png

Bad spot to overtake but why are you doing 20 over the limit?

Fair play for slowing down to let him to overtake but doing that speed makes it harder for both parties and even if someone is caught coming the other direction.

is that really a problem? I never follow the speed limit on the roads, just the limiter. I doubt many do anyway. But yea Polish guy bad overtaking spot and driving 

kvt_truckdriver_bar.png

Best way to overtake is a straight road or a road with small turns. Especially if you are being overtaken you better slow down, the keep you and the others safe in case the one overtaking is an idiot.

If you're overtaking you need to look at the near players in case someone is coming and hope that the guy you're overtaking is not going to accelerate in the same moment you do :P

As long as the Polish driver had the 'players near you' tab open to see if someone was coming from the opposite direction so he could abort his overtake maneuver if necessary, then there was no situation.

Personally, I would not bother overtaking someone on a rural road if they were driving the same speed as you did in the video. Not on EU#1.

It's the overtaker's fault, since he knew you were flooring to 90 yet still intended to overtake, and done so in an extremely unsafe road. However, once seeing another person overtake you, you should slow down to allow him overtake you as a sign of courtesy :) Just an opinion, not a must-do.

Regards,

Ken (Lemmonez)

Happy Trucking! :)

Proud member of BLACKOUT TRUCKING. Join us now !

41.png

Dangerous overtaking but you are in fault too.. If you read the rules when someone overtake you, you need to slow down to 60 km/h and not driving constanantly at 85-90km/h ;)

Best Regards / Pozdrawiam / Cordialement ,

Dogidog.

"If you need help, don't hesitate to pm me. / Si vous avez besoin d'aide, n'hésitez pas à me contacter"
"Looking for an unban ? Please write a ban appeal here / Vous regardez pour être dé-banni ? S'il vous plaît écrivez une demande ici"

The answer is simple and clear: You were driving above the permitted speed limit of the street.

If respect the speed limit, the other user would not have trouble to make the overtake.

In the poll, lacked the option: I'm the cause of this situation.

Yes, he was driving above the "permitted" limit, so the other truck has no reason to try to overtake when others are already driving faster than they should.

I think the speed limiter is a good idea because I can drive at 90 and no one can hit me :)

I always go 1 kph over the limit so no one can say I was driving slow

Yours Truly

The one the only (SQRL) Flappingums from squirrel logistics  Happy trucking my friends :):P 

Archived