Removal of Scout Cars

I think it would be really bad if scouts were removed because scouts add a very different atmosphere to the game. They add even more realism to the game with the skin of a pilot in convoys. What are your thoughts?

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

5 minutes ago, !drkYVZ said:

I think it would be really bad if scouts were removed because scouts add a very different atmosphere to the game. They add even more realism to the game with the skin of a pilot in convoys. What are your thoughts?

That is true but what about trolls who like to ruin the experience for others. Obviously it's not just the scout cars who cause havoc for other players but 95% of them do. Filtering through lanes like motorbikes, overtaking on grass (as I said not just scout cars), dangerous overtakes on CD etc. 

5 minutes ago, Lamb Sauce III said:

Okay, but what about trolls who like to ruin the experience for others. Obviously it's not just the scout cars who cause havoc for other players but 95% of them do. Filtering through lanes like motorbikes, overtaking on grass (as I said not just scout cars), dangerous overtakes on CD etc. 

You're right, I really agree with you on this one. Sometimes those who really drive like this can be very annoying. But because of these people it doesn't make much sense to me to remove things that add realism to the game. I think a different measure should be taken for those who troll like this. What are your thoughts on this?

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Just now, !drkYVZ said:

You're right, I really agree with you on this one. Sometimes those who really drive like this can be very annoying. But because of these people it doesn't make much sense to me to remove things that add realism to the game. I think a different measure should be taken for those who troll like this. What are your thoughts on this?

Tbh, I can't see any other way of removing the trolls other than the system we already have. Obviously there are people who actually know how to drive the skodas, but it is unfortunately hindered by those who prefer to ruin the experience for others purely for their satisfaction. It's getting to the point where its really boring having to deal with them time and time again

• Upvote 1

Hey @Lamb Sauce III, Personally I see where you're coming from with trolls using the cars however I feel that there would still be trolls as they would just move to using trucks anyway. At the end of the day if someone wants to stoll then they will do whatever it takes. 

• Like 3

JCBBuilds
Owner of Night's Truckstyling Discord
 discord.gg/6h5pS5RbE5

2 minutes ago, JCBBuilds said:

Hey @Lamb Sauce III, Personally I see where you're coming from with trolls using the cars however I feel that there would still be trolls as they would just move to using trucks anyway. At the end of the day if someone wants to stoll then they will do whatever it takes. 

Do you think it would be harder or easier for them to troll?

• Community Manager

I would have to agree with @JCBBuilds here. I do think it would help, as they are maybe so used to driving cars and messing around with it, but at the end of the day I think trolls will do whatever they can do to troll. 

• Upvote 1

Kind Regards,

Vicc. | TruckersMP Community Manager

Support System | Knowledge Base | Rules | Feedback System

Personally, I enjoy having the scout car as well as the other alternating vehicles in the servers as it provides an added sense of realism. In my experience both in driving the C-D and in other less populated areas of the map, people in trucks have broken the rules just as much as people in cars. When it comes down to it, it's not really the vehicle that one is driving that is causing the issues, it is the people behind it. 

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

I think as long as people drive safely there will be no accidents, not necessarily scout cars to cause accidents, trucks will also cause accidents, and people will follow TMP rules and everything will be safe

• Like 1

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

5 hours ago, Lamb Sauce III said:

What are your thoughts on the idea of the scout cars being removed?

The scout cars (Skodas) and AVs are like marmite - you either love them or you hate them. There's no middle ground.   

As for my thoughts on their removal, I don't feel they have that much of a benefit to the game and tend to get misused more than used for good. Having said that, for convoy management, they can be useful. Maybe only offer them on Arcade and for Event Staff/GMs? 

5 hours ago, Farm Shark said:

Personally, I enjoy having the scout car as well as the other alternating vehicles in the servers as it provides an added sense of realism. In my experience both in driving the C-D and in other less populated areas of the map, people in trucks have broken the rules just as much as people in cars. When it comes down to it, it's not really the vehicle that one is driving that is causing the issues, it is the people behind it. 

I can't agree with you more... well said. 

8 hours ago, Lamb Sauce III said:

That is true but what about trolls who like to ruin the experience for others. Obviously it's not just the scout cars who cause havoc for other players but 95% of them do. Filtering through lanes like motorbikes, overtaking on grass (as I said not just scout cars), dangerous overtakes on CD etc. 

same as truck .... 

they use truck to do the same thing.

1 minute ago, blabberbeak said:

I don't agree to remove the Scout from TruckersMP.

Passenger vehicles are the major part of real-world road traffic, and to remove them means to take a big portion of realism from TruckersMP.

I agree

• Like 3
  • Awesome! 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png