Removal of permanent bans for ban evading

Bеаn

On 2/27/2023 at 9:01 AM, Flaming. said:

I disagree. It is common for people to drive on a suspended license in real life. Is there license permanently revoked if it is their first offense? Unless there are some crazy circumstances, they can still get their license back after a certain period of time. The same logic is being applied here. Of course if they are a repeated offender, then they would be permanently banned, which I explained above. 

To be honest, we've never had a true "Road to Simulation". We don't enforce stop signs (when players aren't around), we don't enforce speeding, we don't enforce turn signals. At the end of the day, we want players to drive semi-realistically, but we realize that this is a game. The only real efforts around 'Road to Simulation" was to increase ban lengths as a deterrent for players to follow our rules. Ban evading was permanent before the road to simulation changes. I believe that having Ban Evading at 3 months is no less of a deterrent then a permanent ban. 

I think so too, this seems to be a good change. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • HaulieLove 1

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Nebula Logistics//MRV-md

It is a shame that people with no malicious intent suffer from the old rule, but is there a way to track why a player gets banned? Understandable if it was a player with few bans, maybe for pulling out without looking both ways, in that case it would make sense to avoid a perm ban. But if it is a repeat offender, it makes sense to perm ban them, as it is clear that they don't learn the lesson. History of a player is crucial when enforcing rules like these, and keeping an eye on them during the evade/unban

On 3/22/2023 at 1:51 PM, Nebula Logistics//MRV-md said:

but is there a way to track why a player gets banned?

Yes. Ban evidence & ban reasons allow you to see why someone is banned unless the player in question has their ban history set to private. Staff can see a player's ban history regardless of that player's preferences, though. A good admin should look at a player's previous infractions and use it to influence their next course of action. 

For example, if a player screws up once, and has a stellar record, then it'd be a kind but not required gesture if that admin gave them the benefit of the doubt. However, from my experience, this isn't usually the case. 

If a player wants to play the game so badly that they'd go to all the effort of ban evading, you'd think they'd have followed the rules from the offset. Ban evading should've always remained punishable by a permanent ban and not downgraded to 90 days. In a way, such a move implies that TruckersMP is either becoming way too lenient or has given in to the need for more players.  

On 2/27/2023 at 12:26 AM, Flaming. said:

A player that ban evaded in 2015 could have a completely new mindset and want to follow the rules; we should give those players another chance.

I've noticed that the majority of the players who ban evade do not have malicious intent.

On 2/27/2023 at 1:01 AM, Flaming. said:

Is there license permanently revoked if it is their first offense? Unless there are some crazy circumstances, they can still get their license back after a certain period of time. The same logic is being applied here.

For the same logic in these statements, why not change the permanent ban to 90 days for people who used hacks?

Someone who used hacks in 2015 could have a completely new mindset now.

Many players who used hacks never read the rules, they probably just saw some Youtube videos and thought that it was funny (and allowed) to use hacks. This could be seen as " lack of malicious intent" too.

Someone who evaded their ban is breaking the rules AGAIN, it's not their first offense, obviously. Someone who used hacks and was banned, got "their license permanently revoked in their first offense".

Not saying that IMO the permanent bans for hacking should be removed. Only that, according to some opinions, it could seem more reasonable to remove the bans for hacking than to remove the ones for "ban evading".

• Upvote 1

I've noticed that the majority of the players who ban evade do not have malicious intent. They get banned for a small offense and create a new account because they want to keep playing their favorite game. Permanently banning players when they have no malicious intent is frankly too harsh.

While wanting to continue playing one's favorite game is a common desire, the intentional avoidance of a penalty shows a lack of understanding of the reasons for a penalty and a lack of admission of one's own wrongdoing.

• True Story 1

I did mention "Not saying that IMO the permanent bans for hacking should be removed", so I won't be making any suggestions.

But thank you for your reply. I can only guess that if there have been (or there are currently) "internal discussions" related to what I said, I'm not the only one who thought about it. And probably not the only one who thinks that in a near future, the permanent bans issued for hacking will also be changed to temporary.

Again, not saying that I'd be happy if it happens, it's quite the opposite, in fact, but that's just me. Surely lots of people would be happy enough to compensate for the unhappy ones.

• Upvote 1

Its understandable to have implemented this option. In my honest opinion this might also be a good idea, but ofcourse I'm also of the opinion that this has to have a certain limitation.

What I mean is, although members must be wise enough and ofcourse face the consequences of the actions they are taking with a sanction for them to understand to be more careful in the future aswell as to make them understand the rule they've failed to respect, sometimes the player's desire to play back might be just too big.

If he or she gets caught ban evading once and has his or her account permanently suspended it is indeed an irresponsible and stupid move, but it can be ok to give this person a second chance and not leave it to a permanent ban, everyone should have the possibility to learn from his/her mistakes. However getting caught ban evading a second time or more than that should be considered back to a permanent.

ban evading > get banned > you can just evade the ban for ban evading (logical icl)

ETS isnt the most expensive game and if you just want to cause havoc on the CD, all you have to do is AFK on the CD road, or worse, buy ETS2 accounts that meet TMP requirements.

This is why they should up the minimum play time imo for people with 0 DLC's (it may sound like a bad idea but prevents throw-away accounts from easily playing)

• Upvote 1

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

1 hour ago, loolee said:

ban evading > get banned > you can just evade the ban for ban evading (logical icl)

ETS isnt the most expensive game and if you just want to cause havoc on the CD, all you have to do is AFK on the CD road, or worse, buy ETS2 accounts that meet TMP requirements.

This is why they should up the minimum play time imo for people with 0 DLC's (it may sound like a bad idea but prevents throw-away accounts from easily playing)

I think your DLC's idea is a really good point. That could be a very good fix for the current problem.

Stones8000

spacer.png

status.png

I think this is a good thing and also a bad thing.
On the positive side, this gives players who enjoy this game more opportunities to make corrections.
On the negative side, this provides convenience for some players who only want to cause trouble.

中国MF团队,数一数二垂直制表字符在中国。

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.