Removal of permanent bans for ban evading

Bеаn

5 minutes ago, da ma nei said:

I think the previous rule should be retained

I agree. The change appears to be another ploy to increase player numbers with little regard for other rule-abiding players. 

When they removed the ability to get permanently banned for history, I was in full support, as I believed people may have been immature when they received their 5th and final ban. However, I cannot and do not have the same support for this rule alteration. 

If someone receives a ban and cannot restrain themselves from making another account, they should be permanently banned. If someone is desperate to play the game that they'd go to the effort of ban evading, you'd think they'd follow the rules in the first place.

If players know that I don't follow the rules, they won't be permanently banned because they can continue playing with another account, and they won't be afraid of the consequences of breaking the rules, which will only increase the number of players who break the rules and make players who follow the rules lose the fun of playing TruckersMP.

• Upvote 1

This is a necessary change. TruckersMP is approaching 8 years old. A player that ban evaded in 2015 could have a completely new mindset and want to follow the rules; we should give those players another chance.

I've noticed that the majority of the players who ban evade do not have malicious intent. They get banned for a small offense and create a new account because they want to keep playing their favorite game. Permanently banning players when they have no malicious intent is frankly too harsh.

While it is true some players ban evade to ruin the experience from others, rule §2.9 is still in effect. If the GMMs feel a player has malicious intent they can still be permanently banned.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I agree with the creator of this thread. People who ban evade likely does so with intent. And if they cant even wait out a small ban, then that shows they have no regards for the rules at all and so frankly i dont think they should be allowed to drive here. And i feel that we will have more ban evaders now since they will only get a 3 month ban and so there is no real punishment for ban evading any more. So i for one does not agree with the rule change, but since i dont make the rules, i will just have to follow them. And while we cant still use §2.9 to get ban evaders permanently banned, i feel that hardly anyone will be permanently banned with that because it will take quite some ban evading before the rule will be used, and i feel that some people will just not bother to ask for someone to be extended to permanent ban. But we will have to see, maybe this will all turn out well? I highly doubt that though, as we are likely to get more ban evaders as they wont be afraid of the consequences any more.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

As with any rule change, they'll always be people for and against; however, I think this is a move in the wrong direction entirely. TruckersMP has been aiming for simulation, hence the "road to simulation" initiative. However, with this and previous rule changes, simulation seems no longer at the forefront of TruckersMP's intentions. Such a shift in direction raises many questions as to why TruckersMP have decided to contradict and undo everything they've previously set out to achieve. Perhaps, to try and claw back some players?     

15 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

TruckersMP has been aiming for simulation, hence the "road to simulation" initiative. However, with this and previous rule changes, simulation seems no longer at the forefront of TruckersMP's intentions

I disagree. It is common for people to drive on a suspended license in real life. Is there license permanently revoked if it is their first offense? Unless there are some crazy circumstances, they can still get their license back after a certain period of time. The same logic is being applied here. Of course if they are a repeated offender, then they would be permanently banned, which I explained above. 

To be honest, we've never had a true "Road to Simulation". We don't enforce stop signs (when players aren't around), we don't enforce speeding, we don't enforce turn signals. At the end of the day, we want players to drive semi-realistically, but we realize that this is a game. The only real efforts around 'Road to Simulation" was to increase ban lengths as a deterrent for players to follow our rules. Ban evading was permanent before the road to simulation changes. I believe that having Ban Evading at 3 months is no less of a deterrent then a permanent ban. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, Flaming. said:

To be honest, we've never had a true "Road to Simulation".

Well, we certainly don't anymore. However, there has been some resemblance of a "Road to Simulation" previously, whether you believe it or not. 

Everything you've outlined as to what you don't enforce is mostly left unforced in real life, obviously speeding being an exception. 

Speeding is under the umbrella of "reckless driving", so I'd say it gets enforced. Whether directly or indirectly.

Indicators/turn signals don't get enforced in real life, from my experience. Whilst for the UK, the highway code states you must use an indicator to indicate your intended action(s), I've never heard of someone being in serious trouble for it. The police have much, much bigger fish to fry. 

Just as, unless there's a collision or you're spotted, give way/stop signs are unenforced in real life, as there's no one to report you/punish you. 

Not sure why stating things that typically go unenforced in real life would help your argument or tip the scales in your favour, but hey-ho. If anything, not enforcing these things further increases realism and the simulation aspect road to simulation was trying to achieve.  

And on the front of our website we even state this: "At TruckersMP we take simulation seriously. Here you can immerse yourself in a virtual world surrounded by other truckers from all over the globe driving across the USA and Europe, and with the addition of ProMods, the world is your oyster." We clearly dont take simulation seriously as we have stepped away further from road to simulation with the resent change. We have decided to take rule brakes less serious. And i do believe that the change to ban evading will be less of a deterrent to ban evading than a permanent ban will. Some would have read the rules and thought "i am not risking a permanent ban" but now more people will be willing to risk it as its only a 3 month ban.  So i do agree with Bean above.

• Upvote 2

我认为对于那些无意冒犯和逃避禁令的球员来说,这可能是一个很好的机会,他们有机会弥补。但对于使用第三方软件,故意伤害玩家应被永久禁止

Kind regards

Yu Jian TMP

My Page  ▍ rules  ▍  tickets   ▍  Submit your report   ▍ Talent acquisition

I disagree. I find it disrespectful to the Game moderators who have tried to drive away people who do not respect the rules of TruckersMp. If they are not able to wait for their sanction to culminate what makes you think they are people who should be on the servers. 

Hello truckers. 

Nothing better than starting the week with news as it is. 

To begin with, I was already against the end of the permanent ban, the TMP excuse is that we all make mistakes and will have a 2nd opportunity. And we've all seen and are feeling what TMP has become. 

Now with the end of the evasion ban is in many cases the beginning of TMP piracy, the beginning of the end. 

ETS/TMP simulation game!!!! Yes maybe some time ago we were moving towards that status not now. 

Summary: 

Could it be that the TMP is more interested in the quantity than the quality of its players? 

Where does the TMP want to go with these rule changes? Make ETS a GTA!!!!

Hugs and good KMS to all. 

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

hmmmm....   I fully agree with the Game moderator. some of us take this game way too serious.   am not saying am against the rules.  what's the fun in the game if you don't have crazy people.   even in real life people drive crazily.  you speed, you don't speed, you will definitely collide with someone by mistake. what you do is apologize. some will say it's okay, just be careful next time.  some will never listen to whatever you have to say, as far as they have that on video record your done for. some will tell you I know the moderator he is my friend. you will be banned. {some use keyboard as controller.... some use gamepads.. some use wheels} they is a big difference when your driving with any of this controller mentioned above.  but, that doesn't mean we shouldn't be careful.    your supposed to know when its not someone intention to hit you.  well ,...not everyone has a good heart to Forgive even in simulations.  I have been hit several times even when am almost close to delivery point. some do apologize some just disappear that instant to repair without apologizing. that's why i dont take goods from word of truck when am playing { TMP } only when am playing single player .  because you will definitely hit something by mistake or you will get hit by someone .  do you know how much money and data and time  people spend just to play this game??? ...     because of the LOVE they have for this Game . 

Hello, I think people should be given a chance, but I think 90 days can be exceeded and 120 days can be banned because it is equivalent to the 5th ban, I think this rule update is good because most people can get an unconscious ban and get an account, usually new players.people's money is already going when they get perma and they can't play the game again and they buy new accounts, so tmp has made a good update.

• Like 1

Can I help u ? (u can send me message)

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ   ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʟ ʙᴀɴ  ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ

Hey, why not give hackers another chance too? Someone banned for using cheat engine once to bypass speed limit back in 2018, becasue they were immature,  might be in completely different mindset now.

It's not fair to them and since you are going to raise speed limit anyway, I don't see why these people should be ruled out.

Think of the benefits it would bring.

1 minute ago, 'Leo. said:

most people can get an unconscious ban and get an account

Sure, I almost always make my accounts while asleep.

• Upvote 3

I think it can be considered reasonable to ban the cheat for 6 7 months 

Can I help u ? (u can send me message)

ʀᴇᴘᴏʀᴛ   ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʟ ʙᴀɴ  ғᴇᴇᴅʙᴀᴄᴋ

TruckersMP continues to soften their punishments.

I assume we'll also see a change of the server configurations after the results of all surveys have been evaluated.

It appears to be a desperate attempt in keeping their number of players and/ or attracting more players.

Maybe Road To Simulation was just a hoax for the same reasons.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 1

1 hour ago, L-DragO* said:

hmmmm.... Concordo plenamente com o moderador do jogo. alguns de nós levam esse jogo muito a sério. não estou dizendo que sou contra as regras. qual é a graça do jogo se você não tem pessoas malucas. mesmo na vida real, as pessoas dirigem loucamente. você acelera, você não acelera, com certeza vai colidir com alguém por engano. o que você faz é pedir desculpas. alguns dirão que está tudo bem, apenas tome cuidado da próxima vez. alguns nunca vão ouvir o que você tem a dizer, desde que tenham gravado em vídeo o que você fez. alguns dirão que conheço o moderador, ele é meu amigo. você será banido. {alguns usam o teclado como controlador .... alguns usam gamepads ... alguns usam rodas} eles são uma grande diferença ao dirigir com qualquer um dos controladores mencionados acima. mas, isso não significa que não devemos ter cuidado. você deve saber quando não é a intenção de alguém bater em você. bem,... nem todo mundo tem um bom coração para perdoar, mesmo em simulações. Fui atingido várias vezes, mesmo quando estou quase perto do ponto de entrega. alguns pedem desculpas, outros simplesmente desaparecem naquele instante para consertar sem se desculpar. é por isso que não pego mercadorias de caminhão quando estou jogando {TMP } apenas quando estou jogando single player. porque você definitivamente acertará algo por engano ou será atingido por alguém. você sabe quanto dinheiro, dados e tempo as pessoas gastam apenas para jogar este jogo ??? ... pelo AMOR que eles têm por esse Jogo . 

and what do you think of those players in 3 months already having 4 bans?  

I think bannaing them pernamently is not a bad thing. If they can clearly not respect the rules and earn a pernament ban they just dont care. 

10 hours ago, Flaming. said:

This is a necessary change. TruckersMP is approaching 8 years old. A player that ban evaded in 2015 could have a completely new mindset and want to follow the rules; we should give those players another chance.

^ and for this, I guess they can just appeal and according to what they did to get banned before evading the ban an admin can remove it if it's a long enough time passed and they only did "minor" stuff that lead to the ban before the pernament one.

Ghost Express

~Driver: 2023 August - September~

~Human Resources: 2023 September - xxxx.xx.xx~

~Recruitment Manager: 2023 October - xxxx.xx.xx~

~Driver of the month 2023 september~

~Staff of the month 2023 december~

You can't catch what you can't see!

and what do you think of those players in 3 months already having 4 bans?                                                                                                                                                                                                        Sir RICKY , a player having 4 bans in 3 months well i don't know and  i didn't watch his or her videos to know, if they intentionally drive reckless to get 4 bans in 3moths.  i wish they is a way to warn players before getting them banned for life.  i got banned last year and i got banned last week.  it wasn't intentional yes!!, but, was tagged as reckless driving.  am not a moderator or anything just a player but, i think they should be considerations when a collision it's not intentional.  than banning a player for collision and tagged as reckless driving. with an appeal that's never considered once your tagged reckless.

i love that TMP are now changing the rules.  Rules are not meant to be Broken... BUT that doesn't mean that they don't get change as time goes by.

This is a Game ..... some of yall taking it way too seriously ... 

Playing game or simulation is fun. they are crazy people everywhere.

i see them when going and coming back from work ..

Remember Players are the ones who made this Game popular they way it is today. 

"DO YOU THINK, THE WORD IT IS, THE WAY IT IS, BECAUSE EVERYONE LIVE BY THE RULS"???.

13 hours ago, Flaming. said:

I've noticed that the majority of the players who ban evade do not have malicious intent. They get banned for a small offense and create a new account because they want to keep playing their favorite game. Permanently banning players when they have no malicious intent is frankly too harsh.

While it is true some players ban evade to ruin the experience from others, rule §2.9 is still in effect. If the GMMs feel a player has malicious intent they can still be permanently banned.

see this is where you are wrong unfortunately!

Let’s use a real life situation in this case, for example, If I was to murder a mass amount of people and go to prison for it, do you think because I’ve served 8 years prison time I’m not going to come out of prison and do it all again?

someone who’s broken the rules of the game should be banned to the duration of time set to each rule.

someone’s mindset isn’t just going to change with a click of a finger, they’ve been banned once for breaking rules and then they feel the need to continue and break more rules by ban evading? 

In conclusion this is another one of truckersmp’s desperate decisions to try and gain numbers back onto their servers after losing so many genuine players due to silly and ludicrous rule changes!  All that is happening now is that you are letting repeat offenders back into your servers to break rules again and just kill off all of your genuine players, it’s ridiculous!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 3

tmp_banner_fm04.png

and what do you think of those players in 3 months already having 4 bans?                                                                                                                                                                                                        Sir RICKY , a player

If in three months, someone has been banned four times, then they're clearly not up to the expected standards. 

This is a Game ..... some of yall taking it way too seriously ... 

Not at all. It's a simulator, so we want simulation. We don't wish for constant misuse and troublemakers. Yes, it's a game, but that doesn't mean we should allow those who have total disregard for the rules to run wild and impact the experience of others. 

i wish they is a way to warn players before getting them banned for life.

In light of this and previous rule changes, it is unlikely that you will be banned from playing for life. Depending on the circumstances, a kick may be the first step before a ban is imposed. This can be considered a first warning, since there are no repercussions. It is unlikely that a warning system would be of any value to anyone since most bans are imposed through reports on the website.