Traffic Police

Dylan Vibes

Suggestion Name: Traffic Police 

Suggestion Description: Team that controls the traffic. Example road calais to duisburg. Kicking players that blocks the road and that cause fille. Have no authority to ban players. Special cars or other cars then admins. 

Any example images: yes 

Why should it be added?: There are a lot of traffic jams in the game. Players that blocks the road and there is always a big mess and traffic jam in the famous roads. Lot of times there is no admin Online or nearby. with this special team shall the roads will be more free and there will be less congestion. Whas playing for a couple hours and i hear a lot of players talking about the same problem. 

Verkeersregelaar-vkrc-Ford.jpg

R.jpg

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

If such a team would be implemented, they'd need training, special roles, permissions, etc. They'd be mostly the same as game moderators. I guess that a "split" could be made in the Game Moderation team. Same as there are "Report Moderators", who deal with web reports and appeals but not in-game moderation, there could be another sub-team called "Traffic Moderators" who'd be able to just kick, only deal with in-game issues, not web reports or appeals. But always people who would have gone through the recruitment process and met all of the requirements, same as everyone who are currently in the GM team.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Werzey* said:

I think it's unnecessary since there is already Game Moderator that does something similar to your idea.

I constantly drive on the C-D Road and seeing game mods on the road is quite rare tbf. Traffic moderators should be more numerous than game mods since it's a "more simple" role, you only kick people in game. 

On 3/2/2023 at 12:33 PM, blabberbeak said:

The authority to take measures with the purpose of enforcing the game rules should solely be given to properly trained staff of TruckersMP.

Additional special vehicles aren't effective means to fulfill these tasks and therefore are unnecessary.

Are you sure about that?! Apart from a handful of moderators, the rest can't even explain themselves [provide meaningful reasoning for their actions] let alone know the European traffic rules and standards, because they are under 18yo or never had a drivers licence => don't know anything really. 

People have been asking for this for the past 2-3 years, including me. It has never been done or concidered, because TMP (as an organisation) does not care [a hole lot like Wargaming for the match making in the "World of Tanks" game]. It is much easier and faster to ban than to teach others.

23 minutes ago, Niuro [BG] said:

Are you sure about that?! Apart from a handful of moderators, the rest can't even explain themselves [provide meaningful reasoning for their actions] let alone know the European traffic rules and standards, because they are under 18yo or never had a drivers licence => don't know anything really. 

People have been asking for this for the past 2-3 years, including me. It has never been done or concidered, because TMP (as an organisation) does not care [a hole lot like Wargaming for the match making in the "World of Tanks" game]. It is much easier and faster to ban than to teach others.

I am sure that additional emergency vehicles aren't necessary and that "Traffic Moderators" need to be properly trained to work effectively, just like Game Moderators.

If you feel that Game Moderators don't fulfill their duties in a sufficient manner, you can contact the TruckersMP team with this issue via the feedback system.

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

I am sure that additional emergency vehicles aren't necessary and that "Traffic Moderators" need to be properly trained to work effectively, just like Game Moderators.

If you feel that Game Moderators don't fulfill their duties in a sufficient manner, you can contact the TruckersMP team with this issue via the feedback system.

You are missing the point. I will be blunt as you seem not to understand. -> The moderators/admins who can provide adequate control are too few (about 10 people). This is why the prefered way for crowd control is the administration of bans and kicks. The servers "Sim 1" and "ProMods" lack adequate in-time control from TMPs staff representatives. So he would like to stimulate a reaction from the Organisation in order to add more people who can supervise the 2 roads (be hopeful that the locals are only 2) in more time zones. This is what this suggestion is all about.
So tell me what do I not understand? 

16 minutes ago, Niuro [BG] said:

You are missing the point. I will be blunt as you seem not to understand. -> The moderators/admins who can provide adequate control are too few (about 10 people). This is why the prefered way for crowd control is the administration of bans and kicks. The servers "Sim 1" and "ProMods" lack adequate in-time control from TMPs staff representatives. So he would like to stimulate a reaction from the Organisation in order to add more people who can supervise the 2 roads (be hopeful that the locals are only 2) in more time zones. This is what this suggestion is all about.
So tell me what do I not understand? 

I understand the idea behind the original suggestion as well as your input.

But you have to wrap your head around the idea that more staff doesn't automatically result in a more efficient game moderation, if the staff isn't properly trained.

And while it might look to be an attractive benefit to some, a vehicle isn't necessary to moderate the game. Game moderators make use of the free cam instead.

I hope we are on the same page now. Please let me know if you have any further doubts or questions.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I understand the idea behind the original suggestion as well as your input.

But you have to wrap your head around the idea that more staff doesn't automatically result in a more efficient game moderation, if the staff isn't properly trained.

And while it might look to be an attractive benefit to some, a vehicle isn't necessary to moderate the game. Game moderators make use of the free cam instead.

I hope we are on the same page now. Please let me know if you have any further doubts or questions.

As I said, most of the TMP staff are either kids or non-driver license holders, apart from the handful of individuals everyone can name.  So yes, cars and better people are needed. I see no problem there. TMP training should be only with the software as the rest should be caried by the traffic control representative, instead of the absurd rules TMP puts to prevent people ever concidering to apply.

• 10 months later...

Hey,

As has been mentioned in previous suggestions of a similar nature, the responsibility of traffic regulation (removal of those violating rules) falls on the Game Moderation team. 

A traffic control team would be a duplicate team with minor alterations to responsibility. We do not plan to add such a team at this time.

If you enjoy this element of the game, the Event Team gets many opportunities to do very similar things and I can recommend applying to join there as an alternative to the GM Team.