Ghost Roads

iSakashii

Hello, I saw a post just recently that was asked 2 years ago and close with an answer then. So, I'm redoing it for personal reason, are there going to be any NPC cars added in? Roads feel so empty in here.. Aside from the 1000 > 2000 trucker player place. Normally I come across by 4-10 people, if not more but it's still quite rare.
The post I looked at is here:

• True Story 3

I agree that TruckersMP is a deserted place off the few infamous areas, which is unrealistic and boring and made me return to Singleplayer.

The TruckersMP team released a teaser on Youtube in 2018 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1lJCHYJeE) in which they showed AI traffic on their game server.
In 2021, they addressed AI traffic again in a blog post (https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/105).

According to this post, AI traffic is still planned to be implemented, but no release date can be provided.

Maybe a team member of TruckersMP can comment and provide an update on this important feature.

• Upvote 4

19 minutes ago, Peeters Pyatrow said:

Sim. O estão trabalhando nisso. Não sabemos quando eles o liberam. Devemos dar mais tempo a eles para atualizações estáveis. 

Yes, I agree with the work of the TMP, it is not easy, but 5 years have passed. Let's wait a few more for this progress. 

Hello truckers. 

Well apart from some zones on the map that are densely populated the rest of the map looks like a desert. 

There could be several reasons, the player does not have the DLC, the player likes to interact with others. 

20 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I agree that TruckersMP is a deserted place off the few infamous areas, which is unrealistic and boring and made me return to Singleplayer.

The TruckersMP team released a teaser on Youtube in 2018 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ck1lJCHYJeE) in which they showed AI traffic on their game server.
In 2021, they addressed AI traffic again in a blog post (https://truckersmp.com/knowledge-base/article/105).

According to this post, AI traffic is still planned to be implemented, but no release date can be provided.

Maybe a team member of TruckersMP can comment and provide an update on this important feature.

I can suggest you a more recent blog regard AI traffic, from May 2022: https://truckersmp.com/blog/269

image.png.1abbc0036f208fffb582d2b21cdf5daa.png

• Thanks 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Hmmh, alright, I guess if there's one guy doing it since launch, this can take a while especially since this isn't really a top priority thing like better gameplay, less lag to no lag. Keeping servers up and so on. Still, can't wait to see the AI's being implemented. It would be fun to see it in ETS with over 2500 people on and there's a massive traffic jam. ATS is more of a ghost server on its own right now as people seem to favor ETS 2 for a lot of reasons.

• 2 weeks later...

I think a reason for this is the complexity it brings. You've seen how some routes are, like the famous C-D Road, it's already chaotic as it is, now imagine adding AI traffic. The lag that AI traffic will also introduce is enormous, especially for low-end PC players.
But hopefully TMP finds a way to address this.

7FNvzvr.gif

8 minutes ago, Caastle said:

I think a reason for this is the complexity it brings. You've seen how some routes are, like the famous C-D Road, it's already chaotic as it is, now imagine adding AI traffic. The lag that AI traffic will also introduce is enormous, especially for low-end PC players.
But hopefully TMP finds a way to address this.

AI traffic should be used as a means to counter the unrealistically empty roads away from the infamous areas.

The Calais-Duisburg area has already too many players and therefore doesn't require additional traffic.

AI traffic should only be available in sparsely populated areas and be triggered by a certain low number of players per area.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

O tráfego de IA deve ser usado como um meio de combater as estradas irrealisticamente vazias longe das áreas infames.

A área de Calais-Duisburg já tem muitos jogadores e, portanto, não requer tráfego adicional.

O tráfego AI deve estar disponível apenas em áreas pouco povoadas e ser acionado por um certo número baixo de jogadores por área.

Wouldn't it be weird if you had to drive and NPCs disappeared because you entered an area with a lot of players? 

• Thanks 1

well thats a good question, a couple of days before Truckers MP released the buses, they made a post talking about maybe bringing AI traffic to the Truckers MP servers, im kinda curious on how thats going to work AI into the servers given that on cd road its always chaos, so imagine with AI traffic 😄 i think they can bring AI traffic to TMP servers but outside the cd road area, it would make more sense, I guess 🙂

ill give you the link in case you wanna check that out 🙂

https://truckersmp.com/blog/269

Guest Nebula Logistics//MRV-md

The problem with ai traffic would be how it loads. It'll add a whole new slew of lag issues, as people who are way off in the distance will have their own traffic. In more populated areas it wouldn't be as bad, as the spawned traffic will be shared with multiple users, but solo drivers out in dlc territory could have an impact on the servers reliability. Maybe a different server with ai would work?

7 hours ago, revelena said:

Я не думаю, что автомобили с искусственным интеллектом решат проблему «пустых дорог», нам просто нужно, чтобы дорога CD была менее популярной.😄

The introduction of AI will solve the problem of "empty roads" but provided that the traffic will be in places where there are few players, so as not to overload the servers in places where there are a lot of players. But if the CD road becomes less popular, then players will quickly find an alternative. 

• True Story 1

This issue is that you would have to simulate AI traffic for everyone in every location and also ban it in some places, then also you have calculate and broadcast the locations of each car in every location meaning that the minimum specs would increase, it would also cause some more pressure on the already half-awake servers

Tune in 12pm-2pm (UK TIME) every Sunday for the Lunch Time show!

image.png.1008adaeff763c70a3d51da6a7a32f91.png

status.png

Tune in | Steam | WoT account | loolee.#0

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.