Feedback February: Take part in three short surveys this month!

Jeroen

Just done it. Would be great to be able to go back to the survey (in read-only mode) to go back to the information shared by the staff on this survey.

I have to say that I'm a bit puzzled with the meanings/differences between:

• Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit ✓ / Road Rules ✓ (current Simulation server)
    and
  • Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit X / Road Rules ✓

I understand that no Speed Limit means you can drive at 150+Km/h

But to me if you have both "Road Rules" and "Speed Limit" enabled we should have the road speed limits enforced. Not allow "speed limits" higher than the road ones. Otherwise Road Rules shouldn't be really marked as enabled. Especially when you know that we are already not banning people if they don't respect the road rules and don't bother anyone (i.e. not respecting the traffic lights or not respecting road signage for overtaking someone).

In my view, currently we are more in this situation "Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit X / Road Rules ✓". Being able to drive at 110Km/h on small countryside roads is equivalent to no speed limit for me.

And "Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit X / Road Rules X" would be when you really have no speed limit (150+Km/h).

That's just my opinion. I'm sharing it.

Also, the survey mentions 2 positions they are trying to find a middle ground for: Allowing any speed (which would annoy hardcore simulation players) or set road speed limits (would be boring for some players).

But what about removing speed limits but make the truck stability and braking settings more realistic so that people have to drive more responsibly if they don't want to hit a wall or go off the road on each turn? That way people from both sides would not find it boring: people who would be bored at slow speed would now be challenged to drive as fast as possible on twisty roads (but they would have to drive MUCH slower) but on motorways and straight line (non-dangerous zones) they would still be able to go fast. And hardcore simulation drivers would probably find it more interesting as people would drive less recklessly (otherwise they would get an immediate punishment/crash) and at lower speed in dangerous zones.

That said, I have no idea if that's easy to implement? 😅

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • HaulieLove 1

3 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Just done it. Would be great to be able to go back to the survey (in read-only mode) to go back to the information shared by the staff on this survey.

and

But to me if you have both "Road Rules" and "Speed Limit" enabled we should have the road speed limits enforced. Not allow "speed limits" higher than the road ones. Otherwise Road Rules shouldn't be really marked as enabled. Especially when you know that we are already not banning people if they don't respect the road rules and don't bother anyone (i.e. not respecting the traffic lights or not respecting road signage for overtaking someone).

In my view, currently we are more in this situation "Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit X / Road Rules ✓". Being able to drive at 110Km/h on small countryside roads is equivalent to no speed limit for me.

And "Collisions ✓ / Speed Limit X / Road Rules X" would be when you really have no speed limit (150+Km/h).

Also, the survey mentions 2 positions they are trying to find a middle ground for: Allowing any speed (which would annoy hardcore simulation players) or set road speed limits (would be boring for some players).

But what about removing speed limits but make the truck stability and braking settings more realistic so that people have to drive more responsibly if they don't want to hit a wall or go off the road on each turn? That way people from both sides would not find it boring: people who would be bored at slow speed would now be challenged to drive as fast as possible on twisty roads (but they would have to drive MUCH slower) but on motorways and straight line (non-dangerous zones) they would still be able to go fast. And hardcore simulation drivers would probably find it more interesting as people would drive less recklessly (otherwise they would get an immediate punishment/crash) and at lower speed in dangerous zones.

That's right, that's exactly why it was decided to make another poll based on those results (as Jeronimo told, it was the basis for this survey), and as you can now see, like everyone else, it was very general, doesn't say much about what exactly players want or would like. I don't know how polls have been in the past on these topics, i can only rely on the most recent ones,

As you can see from the direction of the results, whatever happens in the future, it would not change or  it would not change much in the server settings, because however the majority prefer the simulation game setting/mode (rules + active collision, current sim 1 server settings) rather than the arcade one; you also have to see what comes out of this survey,

I don't remember who said it because i read it fast between the many comments, but someone was talking about the community split that TMP made. From my point of view and from what I've seen/read from blogs, it refers to game modes and not to the community, game modes mean server settings, nothing more. In fact, community (arcade/sim/casual etc...)can play on both servers, the "split" mentioned by some user it's simply what server settings players choose, not TMP dividing the community. But is only my opinion, not talking for TMP because i'm not in the staff

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

18 hours ago, Foobrother said:

and

Probably not easy to implement.

I think they would have to change the physics of every truck and chassis type individually. Everytime SCS pushes an update, all those individual things can break.

To make sure everybody is playing with the same physics, you'd have to disable the stability settings so people can't adjust how their truck feels.

This is just from my understanding of how the game works. I am not a developer/add-on team member so I could be completely wrong.

If I am correct, there is also a problem of TruckersMP dictating to you how to play the game and with which settings. Something I don't think many people will enjoy.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

51 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

If I am correct, there is also a problem of TruckersMP dictating to you how to play the game and with which settings. Something I don't think many people will enjoy.

As I probably know even less than you about how the game works I won't comment on your input about that. But I hope you're wrong! 😆

Regarding the above I don't see a problem of "TMP dictating to you how to play the game". We are already doing it with the Simulation vs Arcade server and the various settings already enabled/applied for each type of server.

Also, my idea was not to have everyone on the exact same settings. But to lower the capacity to transform your truck into a go-kart 🙂. People who are "hardcore simulation" player might still use more realistic settings than others. But the others wouldn't be able to drive at 100km/h in sharp turns with the maximum stability settings. Currently between the most realistic settings and the least realistic settings there is a huge difference!

Every survey should last at least a week or two, or even a month and not just a long weekend, because not everyone visits the site and only a few people notice it. 2 000 users in previous survey is a small part of people compared to thousans of regular users and millions of registered. This survey should have taken place before your "Road to Simulation" because I believe some of them are no longer playing on your servers after this update.

• Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

• Business Analyst
31 minutes ago, AdwariN said:

Every survey should last at least a week or two, or even a month and not just a long weekend, because not everyone visits the site and only a few people notice it. 2 000 users in previous survey is a small part of people compared to thousans of regular users and millions of registered. This survey should have taken place before your "Road to Simulation" because I believe some of them are no longer playing on your servers after this update.

Data from previous surveys indicate that 80-90% of the responses are recorded in the first 48-72 hours after publishing. After that, it flattens rather quickly; beyond 5-7 days there is no significant gain anymore. Moreover, while a longer duration may result in more responses (in absolute numbers), data also indicates that the answer models (i.e., the relative distributions for e.g. answer A or answer B) do not alter in a significant manner anymore. It's always a balancing act based on such expectations patterns, the purpose of surveys, and other factors.

I agree that ~2,100 respondents may not seem much compared to the number of regular users, however, industry standards consider a response rate of roughly 5-30%. In the light of that knowledge, the number of responses may not be unusual. I also agree that it would have been beneficial if the community was involved more before 'Road to Simulation' was rolled out, however, I can of course not change the past and can only influence the present. 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 4

5 hours ago, Jeronimο said:

Data from previous surveys indicate that 80-90% of the responses are recorded in the first 48-72 hours after publishing. After that, it flattens rather quickly; beyond 5-7 days there is no significant gain anymore. Moreover, while a longer duration may result in more responses (in absolute numbers), data also indicates that the answer models (i.e., the relative distributions for e.g. answer A or answer B) do not alter in a significant manner anymore. It's always a balancing act based on such expectations patterns, the purpose of surveys, and other factors.

I agree that ~2,100 respondents may not seem much compared to the number of regular users, however, industry standards consider a response rate of roughly 5-30%. In the light of that knowledge, the number of responses may not be unusual. I also agree that it would have been beneficial if the community was involved more before 'Road to Simulation' was rolled out, however, I can of course not change the past and can only influence the present. 

Thank you Jeronim ο Answer❤️

Kind regards,

Bello QAQ

Languages:CHN, EN, FR

Rules         Support     |     Report     |     Feedback     |     Appeal Ban

spacer.png

the speed limit should be stricter especially off the freeway people just can't drive every day no matter when you're on the road people just make accidents or tip over with the truck 110 too many max 90 ETS and ATS 120.

Just have to say this , i was one of the first players playing this back in 2014 and there wasnt any kind of speed limit and people enjoyed alot , also there wasnt any shit around like now, we had EU 1 and EU 2 and everything worked fine, but those who wanted to drive at 90kms always joined to the most populated server , witch was back then the EU 2 (without speed limit) , at my perpective is simple , change Arcade server , make it like EU 2 , then let the community split , anyway people need to grow bit , its time to stop those things , give the EU 2 back again and everybody will be happy , i myself i like to drive like irl but if you are crossing the majory of the map without anyone to see , whats the point of loosing time of my life going at 90\110? For that i already have my job irl.

• Upvote 4
  • True Story 1

9 hours ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

Just have to say this , i was one of the first players playing this back in 2014 and there wasnt any kind of speed limit and people enjoyed alot , also there wasnt any shit around like now, we had EU 1 and EU 2 and everything worked fine, but those who wanted to drive at 90kms always joined to the most populated server , witch was back then the EU 2 (without speed limit) , at my perpective is simple , change Arcade server , make it like EU 2 , then let the community split , anyway people need to grow bit , its time to stop those things , give the EU 2 back again and everybody will be happy , i myself i like to drive like irl but if you are crossing the majory of the map without anyone to see , whats the point of loosing time of my life going at 90\110? For that i already have my job irl.

Everything was better in the old days, right?

Each player is free to decide on which server he wants to play, regardless of which style of play he prefers.

If you prefer to drive faster than 90 km/h, I suggest to not choose World of Truck jobs.

If you prefer to drive faster than 110 km/h, I suggest to play on the arcade server.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, THE ROCK - PT said:

Started in summer of 2015, back in the Europoort era before C-D speedway existed. I remember my first ever experience, there used to be two servers to choose. The first one had a speed limit (don't remember exactly, but definitely higher than 90km/h) and I couldn't join becuase queue was just too high. The second "free roam" server was smaller, without speed limit and virtually empty, even though there were collisions enabled. I don't remember exactly when the popularity of both servers swapped, it wasn't too short after that, but I know EU2 wasn't always the most popular server. People are naturally attracted by more popular server, because they want to see more players, and when server with speed limiter could allow more players together, it was a better choice, regardless of speed limit. When "idiots on the road" caused the change of popularity by attracting more players with different preferences, EU2 became more popular for the very same reason, despite everything.

I agree with you that TMP should allow community to split up, instead of providing compromised choices to satisfy the majority of players in a single server. It doesn't work that well, arcade servers are a fail and waste of resources, while "simulation" servers are too much of a compromise and constant source of complaints. Just give us two extremes, a proper simulation and complete freeroam with collisions, though freeroam serves should not be completely without moderation, because I think you should sacrifice something for safer environment. Of course there would still be players trying to do their thing on a wrong server, it's just a nature of multiplayer gaming, but I sure know where I would want to be, without caring about server popularity anymore.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

In terms of the penalties imposed by the reporting system, I hope that the game audit of this section will be officially reviewed to see if the person has a driving license in reality when applying for the job. There is a mistake in the division of responsibility for the accident.

On 2/10/2023 at 3:35 PM, Jeronimο said:

Surveys will be posted on the following dates:
Feb 10-14 | Game moderation
Feb 17-21 | Server configuration (NOW OPEN)(has been extended to the 28th due to high interest)
Feb 24-28 | Community Platforms: Forums and Discord

I noticed that there have been changes in surveys. Looking at history:

lDZsVXR.png

The one that will start in a few hours is no longer titled (focused) on the forum, but generally on the forum and discord as TruckersMP community platforms. Why such a change? Did you just feel it was worth getting some additional feedback on this occasion or is there any other reason?

Hey @MarkON, the reason for it has been mentioned here by Jeronimo before:

On 2/21/2023 at 3:13 PM, Jeronimο said:

We've extended the deadline for the server configuration survey with a week to the 28th. The number of responses have been consistently high and above average, and have not started to flatten out yet.

I hope this answers your question 🙂 .

//Edit: Nvm, i thought you talked about the length of the current survey being extended and just noticed that I totally misunderstood your question. I am sorry for that 🙈

• Business Analyst
1 hour ago, MarkON said:

I noticed that there have been changes in surveys. Looking at history:

lDZsVXR.png

The one that will start in a few hours is no longer titled (focused) on the forum, but generally on the forum and discord as TruckersMP community platforms. Why such a change? Did you just feel it was worth getting some additional feedback on this occasion or is there any other reason?

The scope was indeed expanded. First it was only focussed on the forum, but since we currently use a combination of both the forum and Discord it made sense to take both into account at the same time.

I've joined TMP in February 2021 (quite recently compared to some). It was a few months before the EU2 server disappeared.

But from what people say, it sounds like even if you change the server names or settings, most people will just regroup on the same server because they want to interact with has much people as possible in a multiplayer environment. And that makes sense (they even regroup on the same road 😆). Maybe at some point in the past we had enough players to provide some multiplayer experience on both servers. But it seems that when the numbers went down, people started to regroup on the same server.

With this history in mind, I'm not even sure if having 2 servers (one simulation oriented and one more arcade oriented) is relevant. We should maybe just have 1 server like Simulation 1, and 1 server with Promods (personally I would even go for just one server with Promods). No speed limit, but, as I suggested previously, we should make driving more challenging/difficult (in terms of truck stability/braking power) so that people who want to drive like maniacs on dangerous zones can't otherwise they will get an instant punishment (crash) even at lower speed then currently .

It is worth to highlight that from this afternoon a survey is available, largely related to this place. I hope that as many forum users as possible will remember to fill it out:

ps. I must admit that the second part of the survey disturbed me as forum enthusiast.

• Thanks 1