Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Feedback February: Take part in three short surveys this month!

Jeroen

23 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

To conclude, when I read your post saying you want to basically please most of the players, and when I see that most of the players are playing on C-D, I'm thinking that TMP isn't really focused on the simulation game which is ETS2 but more on a version that pleases people driving on C-D.

It takes 2 seconds to prove that your statement it's false:

image.png.a365681dab90e9a5dac9d9bc70140990.pngimage.png.37376a47388b94d2a37a427c47bdd5fc.png

Total on c-d if we count the cities: 376+119+99+64 = 658

Total in server currently, minus people on c-d: 2775-658 = 2117

2117 people are not driving on c-d, 658 are driving on c-d, thus this popular statement/perception it's false

The majority of players are not driving on c-d

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2
  • True Story 1

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

On 2/11/2023 at 2:08 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I wasn't talking about the current survey, but about what's been said in the blog post:

Dissatisfaction about the game moderation, from who? From those who have been banned because they can't (or don't want to) drive properly.

Complaints about the Simulation server configuration, particularly in regards to the speed limits, from who? From those who want to drive as if TMP were NFS.

Sadly, this kind of players seem to be the majority of the playerbase.

This, added to some comments I've read in Discord (from people in the "users panel"), is what makes me fear that the speed limits will be changed, and not to lower ones, obviously. Surveys, feedbacks, will always play in favor of the majority.

👋 

I think there would be problems if I worded it the way I would have liked...., but fine. 

So I would be for permanent speed limit of 90 km/h on our server. This game is viewed by many players as if it were Forza or GTA Online. Many of these players think they can ignore the rules because they "don't give a shit" about the traffic rules and in the end it's these people who cry when they get banned. Finally, they try to get their bans lifted with appeals and feedback ticket even though they know very well that it won't do any good. If you want to drive fast, then you should either not play ETS2MP or you simply play Forza, GTA5, etc.

I would simply be in favor that we regulate the speed on all servers to a maximum of 90 km/h and on the "Arcade" the speed remains at 150 km/h + no collision. The people who have to decide it in the end probably don't want this because I think they are afraid to lose all the players. I mean what for do we have an extra "Arcade" server with no collision + speed up to well over 150km/h+. 

That we will raise the servers to +150 km/h again, won't happen believe me. We have seen in the past what can and will happen. 

What would interest me, though, is what kind of results come out of all these surveys..... The other question is whether or not they are ever published. I think for many of us such results are interesting. 

But well, we'll see what MP makes of it. :HaulieSus:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 1

23 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

Take 2 seconds to prove that is false:

image.png.a365681dab90e9a5dac9d9bc70140990.pngimage.png.37376a47388b94d2a37a427c47bdd5fc.png

Total on c-d if we count the cities: 376+119+99+64 = 658

Total in server currently, minus people on c-d: 2775-658 = 2117

2117 people are not driving on c-d, 658 are driving on c-d, thus this statement/perception it's false

You are right but when I mentioned C-D I obviously meant that road + the roads around. This area to be precise:

spacer.png

https://ibb.co/jM93w6V

That's basically ~5% of the whole map (without any DLC) and maybe 1% of the whole map (with all DLCs).

So the list is more like that:

• Calais - Duisburg (Road) - Congested (379)
  • Calais - Duisburg (Intersection) - Heavy (36)
  • Cologne (City) - Low (13)
  • Dortmund (City) - Heavy (34)
  • Dresden (City) - Low (6)
  • Duisburg (City) - Congested (85)
  • Düsseldorf (City) - Congested (47)
  • Calais (City) - Congested (110)
  • Calais (Intersection) - Congested (70)
  • Amsterdam (City) - Heavy (34)
  • Rotterdam (City) - Moderate (26)
  • Brussels (City) - Heavy (30)
  • Liège (City) - Low (11)
  • Lille (City) - Moderate (20)

That's 901 in total. That's 32% of all the players.

32% of the players on 5% of the map. Obviously that's where things happen and where you do have a real multiplayer experience. That's what I meant by "most of the players are playing on C-D". I should have said "most of the multiplayer action is in C-D area".

30 minutes ago, Jeronimο said:

The results were not publicly published as the purpose was to identify trends and establish a baseline for future benchmarking.

OK. Then no surprise if people are making assumptions 😞

Sharing data would help people understand better what TMP players think and also provide suggestions/comments in line with these trends/wish. Leaving this data only accessible to few persons is only building defiance and lack of trust.

Again, I can understand that compiling this data into an "easy to read" way might take time and people don't have time for that. Or it's maybe not technically possible. But if that's the case it might be good to honestly admit it. 

• True Story 3
  • Awesome! 1

It's not a surprise that people are making assumptions. But that is not the fault of releasing some data or not.

People can also just simply not make baseless assumptions, no?

• Upvote 3

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

I feel it's kind of extreme assumptions now. It's either a full sim or a NFS with 150kph where everything is allowed.
There are so much more possibilities and in my opinion it's important that we take part in these surveys so we can let TMP know what we all think by ourselves is important and what should or should not be changed.

• Like 1
  • True Story 1

5 hours ago, Foobrother said:

OK. Then no surprise if people are making assumptions 😞

Not to discuss more, since it was already a really long discussion, but let me tell you this,

It's the principle of assuming that is wrong, not the lack of data, that's an excuse.

There's nothing in the blog that says there's going to be big changes or that it's headed in a particular direction. It's just an additional gathering of additional information / deeper investigation based on many things, some mentioned in the blog. Luckily nothing more was mentioned, otherwise someone really would have bombed tmp 🤣

Sharing data would help people understand better what TMP players think and also provide suggestions/comments in line with these trends/wish. Leaving this data only accessible to few persons is only building defiance and lack of trust.

This is an important point, you shouldn't mind what's "in line" with the trend, otherwise the survey would make no sense. You should compile or say what you think, regardless of majority/trends or other influences. Defiance and lack of trust it's something else, it does not have anything to do with it.

Again, I can understand that compiling this data into an "easy to read" way might take time and people don't have time for that. Or it's maybe not technically possible. But if that's the case it might be good to honestly admit it. 

I think by now we've already learned what assuming is, i don't think it needs to be explained again 😉

3 hours ago, StateCA [NL] said:

People can also just simply not make baseless assumptions, no?

What do you mean? People should just not talk/discuss? 

When there is a problem it's natural trying to find the root cause of the issue (if you are interested to solve the problem). What you're saying is that, because we don't have access to the data we shouldn't try to solve the problem and suggest possible ways to fix it based on assumptions? Well, I don't agree with that.

1 hour ago, _raffaele_ said:

This is an important point, you shouldn't mind what's "in line" with the trend, otherwise the survey would make no sense. You should compile or say what you think, regardless of majority/trends or other influences. Defiance and lack of trust it's something else, it does not have anything to do with it.

I was talking about the what's in line with the trend POST survey (in line with the survey results). If most of the players want to go toward A, it makes more sense to make suggestions which go more towards A then towards B.

34 minutes ago, swagbark said:

I hope it will be a fairer game.:HaulieLove:

What do you mean by "fairer game"?

21 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I was talking about the what's in line with the trend POST survey (in line with the survey results).

Jeronimo has already shared enough from the past survey, more than he had to; also, the purpose of the past survey was different and the results were not to be shared publicly as he explained, the purpose was another. Also, i would avoid assuming again that the results of this survey will not be shared publicly, you don't know that yet

24 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

If most of the players want to go toward A, it makes more sense to make suggestions which go more towards A then towards B.

You choose A or B on the basis of what you want or think, not on the majority, because otherwise there is no point of doing that

3 hours ago, nicokay9 said:

I feel it's kind of extreme assumptions now. It's either a full sim or a NFS with 150kph where everything is allowed.
There are so much more possibilities and in my opinion it's important that we take part in these surveys so we can let TMP know what we all think by ourselves is important and what should or should not be changed.

The thing is, where are the conclusions from the previous surveys, e.g. from last year? To date, nothing has been published or talked about, and that's why many find it unnecessary to participate in surveys when in the end many are ignored. (I, for example, would not want to do it then either). I think surveys are such an issue in themselves. There are pros and cons, but then you should also listen to the community. 

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

You choose A or B on the basis of what you want or think, not on the majority, because otherwise there is no point of doing that

I don't see the point. Imagine if at the end the survey we find out that 80% of the players would like to have harder punishments. Why would you make suggestions to make lighter punishments (because you personally want lighter punishments)?

If tomorrow, there is a survey showing that the majority of the players want the simulation server to be even more like a racing game, I'll probably stop suggesting things and play solo instead of wasting my time suggesting we should change the server settings to make it more realistic 😄

17 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

I don't see the point. Imagine if at the end the survey we find out that 80% of the players would like to have harder punishments. Why would you make suggestions to make lighter punishments (because you personally want lighter punishments)?

If tomorrow, there is a survey showing that the majority of the players want the simulation server to be even more like a racing game, I'll probably stop suggesting things and play solo instead of wasting my time suggesting we should change the server settings to make it more realistic 😄

You don't know the results until the survey ends and everyone has given their opinion, so you don't know before starting who voted and what

This survey it's way different from the past one, so the past results are not relevant for this survey

"Why would you make suggestions to make lighter punishments (because you personally want lighter punishments)?" you are not forced to make suggestions on something you are not interested, simple

9 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

You don't know the results until the survey ends and everyone has given their opinion, so you don't know before starting who voted and what

This survey it's way different from the past one, so the past results are not relevant for this survey

Yes, all the above it true. But how is that linked to what I said in my previous post?! I'm slightly confused with this reply tbh 😅

3 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Yes, all the above it true. But how is that linked to what I said in my previous post?! I'm slightly confused with this reply tbh 😅

"Why would you make suggestions to make lighter punishments (because you personally want lighter punishments)?" - you are not forced to make suggestions on something you are not interested, simple

12 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

"Why would you make suggestions to make lighter punishments (because you personally want lighter punishments)?" - you are not forced to make suggestions on something you are not interested, simple

True. But once you know what people are looking for you can still suggest things that go closer to you preference while still in the direction of the majority.

i.e. if you are with a group of people and decide to go to a restaurant. If you know their food preferences (the data) and it says they are not fan of spicy food. But you are a huge fan of spicy food and would love to eat spicy dishes! With this information/data you know there is no point spending time/energy trying to convince them to go for an Indian restaurant or a Mexican restaurant (no chance they will say Yes). However you might want to suggest a Thai restaurant which has not spicy dishes but also spicy dishes that you will enjoy. And with this suggestion you might have chances to get a positive outcome 😉

(please don't reply that there are Indian dishes which are not spicy as well! This was just an example 😂)

6 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

True. But once you know what people are looking for you can still suggest things that go closer to you preference while still in the direction of the majority.

i.e. if you are with a group of people and decide to go to a restaurant. If you know their food preferences (the data) and it says they are not fan of spicy food. But you are a huge fan of spicy food and would love to eat spicy dishes! With this information/data you know there is no point spending time/energy trying to convince them to go for an Indian restaurant or a Mexican restaurant (no chance they will say Yes). However you might want to suggest a Thai restaurant which has not spicy dishes but also spicy dishes that you will enjoy. And with this suggestion you might have chances to get a positive outcome 😉

(please don't reply that there are Indian dishes which are not spicy as well! This was just an example 😂)

It's so far out of the main topic that it doesn't make sense,

Do what you want, if you think it's useless to suggest what you want don't do it, I'm not the one who has to tell you what to do or not to do

8 hours ago, Foobrother said:

I agree! 😆

It didn't feel like it 😄

But thanks for letting me make my own choices.

I'm glad you you can make your own choices, I thought you were doubting 🤣. You are asking things that don't make sense to be asked because they are based on personal judgment and choice; it's a problem that doesn't exist. What does the situation at the restaurant have to do with a poll or choosing to suggest something for a game, I think you are trolling more than anything else

Hello truckers. 

First of all, I don't think we had a discussion about this topic, but rather an exchange of ideas between a subject that affects all players. 

Each one has an idea and we must respect them in the end the TMP will make a decision and we hope it will be the best. 

Maybe when @Jeronimο Published the message of this study if you add a simple sentence the discussion when exchanging ideas would not be so long. ( All data collected during this study is internal) 

Thank you and good km to all. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Foobrother said:

What do you mean? People should just not talk/discuss? 

When there is a problem it's natural trying to find the root cause of the issue (if you are interested to solve the problem). What you're saying is that, because we don't have access to the data we shouldn't try to solve the problem and suggest possible ways to fix it based on assumptions? Well, I don't agree with that.

But nobody is trying to solve a problem, lol. People are just assuming TruckersMP is turning into Wreckfest/NFS.

How is that trying to solve a problem?

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

4 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Mas ninguém está tentando resolver um problema, lol. As pessoas estão apenas assumindo que o TruckersMP está se transformando em Wreckfest/NFS.

Como isso é tentar resolver um problema?

I respect your opinion, I don't know how long you've been playing but you should take a drive down the CD road and see what it's like. 

50 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

I respect your opinion, I don't know how long you've been playing but you should take a drive down the CD road and see what it's like. 

Been playing since 2015 and was a Game Moderator fom May 2021 till December 2022. I know what CD is like.

• True Story 1

Kind regards,

partyaap

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

But nobody is trying to solve a problem, lol.

Well, I could reply that this is also an "assumption" 😉

People are just assuming TruckersMP is turning into Wreckfest/NFS.

Because you think there is a week delay on the reporting system because people love each other and don't have anything to complain about when playing?!

I think, if there is such an amount of reports it's not because the staff is slow or not enough, but because there are looooooots of problems.

How is that trying to solve a problem?

When you want to solve a problem, first you have to identify and name the problem. Yes it's annoying to hear that C-D is a race track, that there are  more and more people driving recklessly. But if you don't start from these statement you can't start any process to solve the problems which then lead to improvements/changes suggestions. And the more data (i.e. survey results) you have to work on the problems, the more chances you have to get to efficient suggestions/solutions.

• Upvote 2