Feedback February: Take part in three short surveys this month!

Jeroen

13 hours ago, Flaming. said:

Eu não diria que este é o começo do fim. Vou lutar para garantir que ainda seja uma simulação como o jogo, mas banir pessoas de 2 a 4 semanas por 1 incidente pode ser um pouco extremo. No mínimo, acho que o objetivo desta pesquisa é garantir que os jogadores sintam o mesmo antes de fazer qualquer alteração. 

I also think a lot, but ETS is a simulation game, not a racing one, just see what happens on the CD road. 

• Upvote 2

On 2/10/2023 at 11:39 PM, Granite said:

Seriously, the hints are clear of what's coming and it's also clear to me why it's happening.

My time here has probably come to an end after almost eight years.

I will not participate in these silly surveys.

Who in the right mind comes up with these vague questions that I'm suppose to rate from one to five or pick answer on a grayscale, what even is difference between "Neither agree nor disagree" and "I don't know/prefer not to say"? The point of some questions/answers escapes me, this is just like those annoying survey calls you get in the most inappropriate moments.

"Neither agree nor disagree" = Neutral

"I don't know/prefer not to say" is pretty self explanatory.

Hope this helps you understand the difference.

Kind regards,

partyaap

Driver - Bruijn Logistics

Rules | Knowledge Base | SupportFeedbackRecruitmentNews | Events | Staff Team

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

On 2/10/2023 at 2:55 PM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I fear that this is the "beginning of the end" for road to simulation and that soon enough we will have (again) players driving ETRC style, only on Simulation 1 server's highways instead of closed racing tracks... Good thing that last months I've been spending more time in single player than in TruckersMP servers, but sad that I won't miss it much if (or when) I decide to leave for good.

100% agree. It feels like a multinational trying to move away from its values to retain as much people as possible. In that case please be honest and rename the server to "Racing Simulation"

On 2/10/2023 at 7:12 PM, Flaming. said:

I wouldn't say that this is the beginning of the end. I'll fight to make sure it is still a simulation like game, but banning people 2-4 weeks for 1 incident may be a bit extreme. If anything, I feel the point of this survey is to make sure the players feel the same before any changes are made. 

I completely agree that a 2-4 weeks ban for the very first ban after several months/years without any problem is quite hard! But in the meantime I see players registered less than 6 months ago with already 4 bans and still playing today?!!! If you get 3 bans within 6 months you should been banned for 6 months minimum (if not forever).

On 2/10/2023 at 10:39 PM, Granite said:

Seriously, the hints are clear of what's coming and it's also clear to me why it's happening.

My time here has probably come to an end after almost eight years.

I will not participate in these silly surveys.

Who in the right mind comes up with these vague questions that I'm suppose to rate from one to five or pick answer on a grayscale, what even is difference between "Neither agree nor disagree" and "I don't know/prefer not to say"? The point of some questions/answers escapes me, this is just like those annoying survey calls you get in the most inappropriate moments.

Agree. When I read this survey I really felt like this was just one of these surveys to pretend they care about doing something right. But it's just a way to show to people like you and me who are here for pure simulation that we should be more "open minded".

BTW, yesterday I played and it turns out I started playing just when the February Convoy started. So I decided to try a convoy for the very first time. And I was shocked to see how this looked more like a race from A to B rather than a proper convoy simulation. People were driving like maniacs at 130km/h on motorways and 90-100km/h on countryside roads! And moderator were just saying "please close the gaps!" ?!!! Really?! I was scared to be kicked because my truck just had 400bhp and I couldn't catch up with people in front who were driving empty trailers like Ferraris.
Even in events like that where you have dozens of Game Mods everywhere, there were still players overtaking like on a race track. Thanks god these were kicked out (at least). But I was also surprised to see that any road rules were ignored: no traffic light, no toll, no stop, no respect for speed limits (even when there were radars). Crazy and not pleasant for me unfortunately!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

BTW, yesterday I played and it turns out I started playing just when the February Convoy started. So I decided to try a convoy for the very first time. And I was shocked to see how this looked more like a race from A to B rather than a proper convoy simulation. People were driving like maniacs at 130km/h on motorways and 90-100km/h on countryside roads! And moderator were just saying "please close the gaps!" ?!!! Really?! I was scared to be kicked because my truck just had 400bhp and I couldn't catch up with people in front who were driving empty trailers like Ferraris.
Even in events like that where you have dozens of Game Mods everywhere, there were still players overtaking like on a race track. Thanks god these were kicked out (at least). But I was also surprised to see that any road rules were ignored: no traffic light, no toll, no stop, no respect for speed limits (even when there were radars). Crazy and not pleasant for me unfortunately!

That's why I stopped attending. There is even fewer reasons for simulation player to join official events (that includes "real operations") than regular servers.

• True Story 1

2 hours ago, Foobrother said:

Convoys you are talking about are hosted by the community. Nothing is stopping you from hosting your own convoys on the simulation server that adhere to the speedlimit and stop signs.

I can tell you from experience that the convoys you are talking about take hours to host just as it is. If you also want 150+ people to follow the rules like you said then it will take even longer, easily 4 to 5 hours. Convoy lead will have arrived already and the tail wont even be halfway yet. Nobody wants to spend that long hosting a convoy, which is why nobody does it.

• True Story 2

Kind regards,

partyaap

*Views and opinions expressed are my own and do not represent anything or anyone else.

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

Convoys you are talking about are hosted by the community. Nothing is stopping you from hosting your own convoys on the simulation server that adhere to the speedlimit and stop signs.

You're out of subject. My point was that TMP themselves are hosting official convoys which are not really simulation ones. The classic "if you're not happy do it yourself" isn't an argument I'm afraid.

1 hour ago, StateCA [NL] said:

I can tell you from experience that the convoys you are talking about take hours to host just as it is. If you also want 150+ people to follow the rules like you said then it will take even longer, easily 4 to 5 hours. Convoy lead will have arrived already and the tail wont even be halfway yet. Nobody wants to spend that long hosting a convoy, which is why nobody does it.

Of course it's not easy. But I don't see how much harder it would be to force people to respect speed limits?! Most of the participant are respecting rules. So if some rules include respecting speed limits/radar etc... I sure most of them would respect it and it would just be a matter of kicking the other ones like now with the ones overtaking. And if you think convoy would take too long, make them 300KM instead of 700KM.

But I don't get that: "Convoy lead will have arrived already and the tail wont even be halfway yet". Why would respecting speed limits and radars make this happen?

• True Story 1

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Of course it's not easy. But I don't see how much harder it would be to force people to respect speed limits?! Most of the participant are respecting rules. So if some rules include respecting speed limits/radar etc... I sure most of them would respect it and it would just be a matter of kicking the other ones like now with the ones overtaking. And if you think convoy would take too long, make them 300KM instead of 700KM.

But I don't get that: "Convoy lead will have arrived already and the tail wont even be halfway yet". Why would respecting speed limits and radars make this happen?

I will immediately solve the problems and concerns that you "simulation tryhards" having right now 🤣

1) Set the "simulation" speed limit in the game settings, as you already do

2) Don't drive in populated areas (example c-d), as you already do

3) Avoid events on servers that don't have the classic limit, or if they have (classic 110, like sim 1), it's still lower than any speed you can reach in single player/convoy mode; i assume you already do

Whatever will happen in the future, what will change to yall? Nothing, since yall already do all 🤣 

• True Story 2

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

21 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

I will immediately solve the problems and concerns that you "simulation tryhards" having right now 🤣

3) Avoid events on servers that don't have the classic limit, or if they have (classic 110, like sim 1), it's still lower than any speed you can reach in single player/convoy mode; i assume you already do

Whatever will happen in the future, what will change to yall? Nothing, since yall already do all 🤣 

Looks like we have the other classic which is "if you're not happy with it don't use it or avoid it". That makes things progress indeed.

But you're right, C-D and now convoys are on my avoid list. And obviously the bigger the list, the more chances to simply have TMP on the list as well (like some already mentioned) 😔

• True Story 1

48 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

This is what I was referring to in my previous posts in this topic. The NFS kind of players who will be massively participating and asking for EU#2 to come back.

Don't you think that we already tried this when the limit was 150 Km/h? But no matter how hard we tried, it became exhausting to try and enjoy the game when every 5-10 minutes some NFS fan at 150 Km/h destroyed our vehicle.

The problems for you NFS fans were solved with Road to Simulation 🤣: Arcade servers. No speed limits, no collisions, so no fear of game moderation being too harsh or punishment being too long.

But you NFS fans don't want speed UNLESS you can collide against others, so you don't use the Arcade servers and have kept whining about the speed limits and harsh punishments in Simulation 🤣. And sadly, since the NFS fans are (apparently) a lot more than the "simulation tryhards", and that you will most likely make it clear massively in these "surveys", you will probably get what you want: EU#2 server back.

• True Story 1

@FernandoCR [ESP]

@Foobrother

I still don't see a logical answer as to what would change from the current limit to "tryhards sim" when it doesn't affect them at all. Mystery.

The limit of 110 has been there for a lifetime yet you are all still here after so many years. By the same logic you shouldn't play single player either, as you can reach a higher speed than anything achievable in TMP 😂

I've played for a while in the past off c-d, haven't found any reckless players or had any crashes in 2/3 months. What you say practically happens only in c-d, so even a possible change of the limit doesn't affect you in the least. Why don't you go complain to SCS on single player where you can go faster than any speed achievable in TMP?

What happened in the past to the server with limit 90? it failed for the few players. However loud you try to complain, going down that road makes no sense. For the playerbase that has TMP, road to simulation never made sense to me.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • True Story 2

19 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

@FernandoCR [ESP]

@Foobrother

I still don't see a logical answer as to what would change from the current limit to "tryhards sim" when it doesn't affect them at all. Mystery.

The limit of 110 has been there for a lifetime yet you are all still here after so many years. By the same logic you shouldn't play single player either, as you can reach a higher speed than anything achievable in TMP 😂

I've played for a while in the past off c-d, haven't found any reckless players or had any crashes in 2/3 months. What you say practically happens only in c-d, so even a possible change of the limit doesn't affect you in the least. Why don't you go complain to SCS on single player where you can go faster than any speed achievable in TMP?

What happened in the past to the server with limit 90? it failed for the few players. However loud you try to complain, going down that road makes no sense. For the playerbase that has TMP, road to simulation never made sense to me.

Clearly you didn't read my last post. What would change: if the limits are raised, NFS fans would drive at 150 Km/h or whichever speed is allowed and we would go back to EU#2 times. "Accidents", reports, bans, lots of jobs having to be cancelled because it's not worth it to keep going because the vehicle was too damaged by a NFS fan. And before you mention it, those of us who do WoTr jobs can't "load a previous save" to remove damages to the cargo and have the same right to play the game and use TMP (or at least, that's what I've always wanted to believe).

We never mentioned anything like "Ohhh, no, if the limits change we will have to go by the new limits". That's what NFS fans have been doing since EU#2 was limited at 150 Km/h. I don't even drive at 110 Km/h anywhere in the game, most of the time I stick to 80-90 Km/h. 110 or 150, of course that we can still drive at 80-90 Km/h and that's exactly what we used to do, keep doing now and would try to keep doing if things change. But I've known the server with 150 Km/h speed limits, so I know that if TMP goes back to that, I'll be out. No worries, of course, the loss of "tryhards sim" players will surely be more than compensated by the influx of new NFS/GTA fans. I only hope that if they finally raise the speed limits in Simulation, they will also remove or "relax" most of the in-game rules. If only, for the sake of the moderation team... Maybe the name should be changed too, like Foobrother mentioned earlier, to TruckRacersMP

• Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

Sorry I don't understand this sentence. 

By the same logic you shouldn't play single player either, as you can reach a higher speed than anything achievable in TMP 😂
Why don't you go complain to SCS on single player where you can go faster than any speed achievable in TMP?

??? On single player by definition you play alone. Only you can go over the speed limits. And the traffic AI does respect the speed limits (and doesn't drive recklessly!). So if you want to play in a place where people respect the speed limits, single player is the only place. So I don't get your argument.

I've played for a while in the past off c-d, haven't found any reckless players or had any crashes in 2/3 months. What you say practically happens only in c-d, so even a possible change of the limit doesn't affect you in the least.

What you're not saying is that outside C-D area you meet a player every 10min. And if you go even further (i.e. Spain, Sweden, Bulgaria etc...) you can sometime drive for 1h without meeting anyone! So not only rare to find reckless drivers, but just any player 😆

• Upvote 2

^^^This. But imagine that the "highway speed limits" were raised to 150 Km/h. Lots of people would stop using the C-D road because it would become "too slow". The highways, any highway, would become a lot more dangerous to whoever is trying to play following the posted limits. But of course, this would have a solution too, I'm guessing before raffaele mentions it: "Don't use the highways" 🤣

3 hours ago, Foobrother said:

You're out of subject. My point was that TMP themselves are hosting official convoys which are not really simulation ones. The classic "if you're not happy do it yourself" isn't an argument I'm afraid.

I don't suppose you have any experience in hosting convoys and/or being part of the event CC team.

In every convoy I attended, either by TruckersMP or by VTC's, the convoy lead has always followed the speedlimit. In fact, the convoy lead is usually driving way lower than the speedlimit when the convoy departs to ensure the gaps are minimal. A convoy of 120+ people takes a while to leave the city. After everybody has finally left the city the convoy lead will usually speed up to about 60 or 80 KPH. I have never in my life seen a convoy lead driving anything higher than 90 KPH.

If you are near the front of the convoy then your problem does not even exist.

Because of the amount of people involved in a convoy, gaps are inevitable. People driving 150 is purely because gaps are created and they want to fill the gaps. Forcing everybody to a limit of 90 KPH would add time to the convoy. And I am talking about hours of time. Not to mention that it isn't really a convoy anymore at that point. Just small groups of people spread far apart from each other.

Making the convoy shorter just decreases the quality. If you are in front then it will be over in 30 minutes. If you are near the tail then it will take a bit longer, but you are still only seperated in your own group of people and not part of a convoy.

EDIT: (not related to what I wrote above)

Also what is this all this talk about Sim1 changing to 150? Or bringing EU2 back?

Just because 1 out of the 3 surveys mentions server configuration?

That could mean enabling/disabling cars, save-edits, the application of NCZ areas... It doesn't mean that for a fact TruckersMP wants to turn this into a racing sim...

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2
  • True Story 2

Kind regards,

partyaap

@FernandoCR [ESP]

@Foobrother

45 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Clearly you didn't read my last post. What would change: if the limits are raised, NFS fans would drive at 150 Km/h or whichever speed is allowed and we would go back to EU#2 times. "Accidents", reports, bans, lots of jobs having to be cancelled because it's not worth it to keep going because the vehicle was too damaged by a NFS fan

Isn't already happening?

45 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I don't even drive at 110 Km/h anywhere in the game, most of the time I stick to 80-90 Km/h. 110 or 150, of course that we can still drive at 80-90 Km/h and that's exactly what we used to do, keep doing now and would try to keep doing if things change

As i mentioned, they already tried in the past with the server with the limit 90, so it's pointless, in addition it change nothing to you. You keep blaming the speed limit on what's happening in c-d when it's always been like this, it's not that the speed limit fix the bad drivers. You can stick outside c-d like you always did, the majority of NFS/GTA players you mentioning are just in c-d, it's not something that bothers you since you never drive there, even a major speed limit will not affect you in anyway

42 minutes ago, Foobrother said:

Sorry I don't understand this sentence. 

??? On single player by definition you play alone. Only you can go over the speed limits. And the traffic AI does respect the speed limits (and doesn't drive recklessly!). So if you want to play in a place where people respect the speed limits, single player is the only place. So I don't get your argument.

What you're not saying is that outside C-D area you meet a player every 10min. And if you go even further (i.e. Spain, Sweden, Bulgaria etc...) you can sometime drive for 1h without meeting anyone! So not only rare to find reckless drivers, but just any player 😆

I repeat again, change nothing to you or to reckless drivers, speed limit don't fix the bad drivers either affect your experience since you don't drive where the majority are. "what you're not saying is that outside C-D area you meet a player every 10min" it's obvious, i don't think it's necessary, but still i found many players during that period

50 minutes ago, StateCA [NL] said:

EDIT: (not related to what I wrote above)

Also what is this all this talk about Sim1 changing to 150? Or bringing EU2 back?

Just because 1 out of the 3 surveys mentions server configuration?

That could mean enabling/disabling cars, save-edits, the application of NCZ areas... It doesn't mean that for a fact TruckersMP wants to turn this into a racing sim...

No. Because the post itself mentions speed limits and because I can't imagine lots of complaints from people about the 110 Km/h limit being too high... Also, like I already mentioned, because of some comments I've seen in Discord from "users panel" members.

25 minutes ago, _raffaele_ said:

Isn't already happening?

Not in the least as badly as it used to.

As i mentioned, they already tried in the past with the server with the limit 90, so it's pointless

"In the past", there was 1 server with 90 Km/h limit. Then TMP opened EU#2 without speed limits. NFS fans were happy. EU#2 became bigger than EU#1, so most people switched to it. The game moderation team became overwhelmed. EU#2 was limited at 150 Km/h. That's when the NFS fans started whining. And you've never stopped ever since. Even when TMP gave you a server WITHOUT speed limits that you don't use. And later on, the TMP staff decided to implement Road to Simulation. Only the staff could explain exactly what were the reasons that made them do this, so I can only speculate, but I'd bet that the game moderation had a big role in that.

You keep blaming the speed limit on what's happening in c-d when it's always been like this, it's not that the speed limit fix the bad drivers. You can stick outside c-d like you always did, the majority of NFS/GTA players you mentioning are just in c-d, it's not something that bothers you since you never drive there, even a major speed limit will not affect you in anyway

Once again, you haven't read my post fully or you haven't understood it. I didn't even mention the C-D road as a problem, I find it perfect the way it is now, with most of the NFS fans stuck there so all OTHER places are safer. But this could easily change if those people see that they can drive a lot faster everywhere else. You don't see how increasing speed limits would affect those who don't want to drive full speed, probably because you are one of those who go full speed 99% of the time. Or because you never tried "simulating" in EU#2 server.

But like StateCA mentioned, this is just turning into another off-topic and endless discussion, so I hope that I managed to make my previous points clear. If I didn't, feel free to message me privately.

Sorry for the intrusion, thanks for your attention and best regards.

12 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

No. Because the post itself mentions speed limits and because I can't imagine lots of complaints from people about the 110 Km/h limit being too high... Also, like I already mentioned, because of some comments I've seen in Discord from "users panel" members.

There was a survey halfway through last year, and you'd be amazed at the results; of what the great majority of the players would like or prefer. Maybe we will see in the future what this survey will bring regard this matter.

14 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Not in the least as badly as it used to.

But it's still happening, so doesn't fix much. 150 limit and EU2 were extreme, nobody talked or announced to bring back that.

15 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

"In the past", there was 1 server with 90 Km/h limit. Then TMP opened EU#2 without speed limits. NFS fans were happy. EU#2 became bigger than EU#1, so most people switched to it. The game moderation team became overwhelmed. EU#2 was limited at 150 Km/h. That's when the NFS fans started whining. And you've never stopped ever since. Even when TMP gave you a server WITHOUT speed limits that you don't use. And later on, the TMP staff decided to implement Road to Simulation. Only the staff could explain exactly what were the reasons that made them do this, so I can only speculate, but I'd bet that the game moderation had a big role in that.

Once again, you haven't read my post fully or you haven't understood it. I didn't even mention the C-D road as a problem, I find it perfect the way it is now, with most of the NFS fans stuck there so all OTHER places are safer. But this could easily change if those people see that C. You don't see how increasing speed limits would affect those who don't want to drive full speed, probably because you are one of those who go full speed 99% of the time. Or because you never tried "simulating" in EU#2 server.

I don't know why you so stuck with this 150km/h limit and with EU2, again nobody mentioned that it will be back either the 150 speed limit or EU2. As you said the majority of NFS/GTA players are stuck on c-d, don't know why does this affect you. Even if they increase the speed everywhere, people will still drive there; you can see it now with the 110 limit is on all the server, many still drives there and the situation doens't seems to be "fine"