ETS 2 Stuttering in high traffic

Yuhtin

Question

Hello guys, im having a problem playing in TruckersMP, my game just stuttering in high cities and high traffic roads (Like Calais and Duisburg).

I play with 120~200 fps (if someone needs the specific average I have of fps I can do a test).

My PC configuration:

CPU: Intel i5 11400F

GPU: GIGABYTE RTX 3060 VISION OC

RAM: 1x8GB 3200MHZ Ballistix ( i know that 8gb is low for a 3060, sorry guys, im out of ammo here )

Monitor: SuperFrame 280hz

The Game is installed on a HD, see the performance analysis below: (just some blocks have slow access)

stat.jpg.589dfa27b2278e81573e5705382f437d.jpg

I see some posts on forum but none helped me. I really wanna fix that problem, this is annoying me, someone can help me?

Note: Sometimes, when i click to drive for the first time after i login with my truckersmp account in game, i get disconnect by the server with the reason: "Unrealiable Connection", maybe because i get too long to load (25~50s). This occurs just in high cities

7 answers to this question

Even if you are able to find another 8GB DIMM, you would be way better off even with only 16GBs RAM. Simply because you would be running dual channel mode. The recommended is obviously to try and get same/similar DIMM to the one you have now. But you can mix and match if you have a BIOS that allows you to adjust RAM timings and have a little patience to find the optimal settings. Finding a speed and timings that work on both modules will give you pretty good stability but won't be perfect. The biggest issue right now is your RAM (bandwidth) bottleneck as modern tech and software are better optimized in utilizing multichannel RAM.

If you do get another memory module your next big bottleneck that is directly linked will be that the game is on a hard drive and not solid state.

The stuttering is caused by it having to load stuff from the slower storage. Increasing buffer sizes in configs/launch options will help a bit (especially after you get more RAM) in super crowded areas but as the game engine wasn't originally designed to handle 100+ players with most running every accessory slot filled with add ons.  That all has be loaded on demand. Hence stutter.

I don't know you nor your financial situation but I did see you point out it is expensive. Best bet is just trying to optimize what you have now and make compromise on graphics, amount of add-ons in/on truck, etc. Until you are able to get the upgrades for your PC. Maybe you'll find some sale online or buying 2nd hand, if you are ok with that. I know it isn't the answer you were probably looking for, but I hope this helps somewhat as the rest of your specs are actually very good and should result in smooth game play.

Heya Yuhtin, 

I guess, since you already know your RAM is "not enough", it's possibly coming from that. 
You should upgrade your RAM to at least 32GB if you want a pretty much smooth gameplay, in areas with a high player rate. 

Also you're connection is good. It can depend on, where you are living. Users with, an "Asian Server" (you know what I mean), do sometimes have problems joining the EU Servers because of the IP's and stuff. 

Not an expert, but I hope I could give you some usefull information. 🙂

Kind regards, 
Single Turbo

12 hours ago, Single Turbo said:

Heya Yuhtin, 

I guess, since you already know your RAM is "not enough", it's possibly coming from that. 
You should upgrade your RAM to at least 32GB if you want a pretty much smooth gameplay, in areas with a high player rate. 

Also you're connection is good. It can depend on, where you are living. Users with, an "Asian Server" (you know what I mean), do sometimes have problems joining the EU Servers because of the IP's and stuff. 

Not an expert, but I hope I could give you some usefull information. 🙂

Kind regards, 
Single Turbo

32 GB is overkill for ETS2. I have 16 GB of ram and have no issues playing ETS2, watching a twitch stream, and streaming to Discord at the same time. 

I agree that ram is the issue, but 16 gb should be sufficient. 

• True Story 1

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answer(s)?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum organised!

I look forward to your response.

Kind regards,

Cute Fast

TruckersMP Support + Game Moderation Trainee

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
v5UcIVb.pngZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

Thanks guys, i really wanna do this upgrade a long time ago, but currently i have no money to do that, i know my PC is currently a minibeast but could be better if it had 16 or 32GB RAM. 
Knowing this, I was looking for a tutorial or someone who knew about settings for memory compression in ETS2, and/or change view distance, or disabling accessories rendering, or little things that can improve fps. If anyone know how to optimize ets, please send here. For now, i marked Mischievous_Vixen answer as the best one