Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Lobby or single game mode in TruckersMP with AI traffic with the functions of the VTC.World project

Brian Benton

I suggest adding a single player game mode to TruckersMP or the ability to create a lobby. The main condition is that in the first and second cases, AI traffic will be present on the map. The lobbies are the same as in the official "Convoy" mode from SCS.

Screenshots in my opinion are not needed to describe this proposal.

Why should it be added? Developers from VTC.World emphasize that their project is an exclusive collaboration with TruckersMP. As I understand it, such a relationship is beneficial to both parties. Let's omit the fact that the vast majority of TruckersMP users do not treat ETS 2 as a simulator, both in terms of driving style and from an aesthetic point of view... VTC.World attracts with the complexity of the economy, penalty, rating and tax systems, protection from profile hacking (saves are in the cloud storage). Thus, in addition to the basic TruckersMP "for everyone" game mode, we have a separate add-on for those who want to play a real simulator. When using VTC.World, the presence of live unfamiliar players in random places on the map fades into the background in some way. It's no secret that the open world outside the Calais - Duisburg road is dead. AI traffic on public servers is very difficult to implement. Therefore, compromise options remain for using VTC.World with a live open world with AI traffic. The first option is to implement in TruckersMP the ability to create a lobby for several people, as in the "Convoy" mode from SCS. In other words, "activate" the "Convoy" mode in TruckersMP. The second option is to add a solo game mode to TruckersMP, as a closed lobby for one person.

I hope my suggestion will be of interest to TruckersMP players who use VTC.World features but suffer from a dead open world.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

VTC.World does not work in single player mode from SCS. This project only works in TruckersMP. I would gladly forget about TMP if VTC.World worked in single player mode or SCS's "Convoy" mode. The developers of VTC.W blame the developers of TMP for not providing the ability to create separate lobbies with AI traffic. For this reason, I turned to the TMP forum with my proposal.