SCS New Game Engine

Lamb Sauce III

Hey Lamb! 

Are they working on a new engine? If so, that would be great!! I do hope to be finally able to drive in Hanover without any massive FPS-Drops due to the engine not being up to date // performance issues. Being able to have more than 100FPS would of course be good to have as well! - as well as you mentioned that stuff is rendering quicker and earlier.

Additionally would a new engine offer SCS a lot more playground, in regards to physics and more. Would be really hyped to have a new game engine!

4 hours ago, HandOfClash said:

Hey Lamb! 

Are they working on a new engine? If so, that would be great!! I do hope to be finally able to drive in Hanover without any massive FPS-Drops due to the engine not being up to date // performance issues. Being able to have more than 100FPS would of course be good to have as well! - as well as you mentioned that stuff is rendering quicker and earlier.

Additionally would a new engine offer SCS a lot more playground, in regards to physics and more. Would be really hyped to have a new game engine!

Hey!

Yes SCS said they plan or releasing the new engine this year, in which they would improve performance and graphics massively 

5 minutes ago, 'Nhympex. said:

Hello @Lamb Sauce III,

Frankly, I have no idea about the new game engine. I just want to say my wishes. I hope users get more FPS thanks to the new game engine. The gameplay level of the game is improved. If it can be done, better graphics can be made. These come to mind for now.

Thanks,

'Nhympex

Hello!

As said above, it should be coming this year with masses of improvements

• Awesome! 1

6 hours ago, Peeters Pyatrow said:

Game engine of ETS2 is very good in my opinion. I never have any problem with it. A new game engine can cause some problems with TruckersMP. 

I hope that fps drops will end with the new game engine. This would be great because it sadness me to get too low fps on my PC which i poured a lot of money into. Apart from that it is said that there will be new anti aliasing and FPS optimization fix. When we put all of these together there is actually an excellent work in the middle. I hope it comes as soon possible, i'm looking forward to it

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

My WorkShop | My VTC

Discord : @siena_505

I'm excited for a new updated scs game engine with that being said i hope it addresses some of the outdated stuff like FPS drops upscaling to at least 4k and so on
with that being said i fully expect a lot of bugs and stuff in the beginning but hopefully we all will be able to do a lot more and even us who develops maps like the team at promods and here on tmp as well i 
cant wait to see what next for scs,tmp,promods, maybe even a console port down the road the doors are def gonna be open  with that said i do worry as soon as it drops the boys/gals at TMP will be ready cause a massive update like that hopefully does not render them down to long. would love to hear from everyone on this as well.  

• Like 1

On 2/3/2023 at 11:45 AM, Foobrother said:

Honestly, as long as the game is fluid, I don't care about having better rendered graphics in 4K etc... (this is fine enough for me). However I would loooove to see more graphic animations and interactions. i.e. more activity on the side of the road or smoke effects or truck damages etc...

SCS aren't allowed to do truck damage due to the actual companies not liking their trucks to be advertised in such a way

• HaulieCry 1

On 2/6/2023 at 12:39 AM, Lamb Sauce III said:

SCS aren't allowed to do truck damage due to the actual companies not liking their trucks to be advertised in such a way

SCS must act more aggressively and give them an ultimatum. We have million players, and if you don't allow truck damages, we don't want your trucks in our game. If no one agrees, well, just make fictitious trucks. Like in RnR.

• Like 1

On 2/5/2023 at 11:33 PM, Foobrother said:

Really?! Is it you guessing or you read/heard it from SCS themselves?

No its quite common. In the same way Tesla wasn't added to Forza Horizon 4, because they didn't like their cars being advertised in such a way. Quite a common thing with game companies. Some are fine with it, but some not so much

• Upvote 1
  • HaulieCry 1

In regards to the new engine my computer runs fine on High graphics on this game when you say improvements is this going to effect PC's in that you would need to upgrade to play or our general setups right now should be fine still?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I hope it's a nice game engine update, assuming multiplayer modes. I think it's a serious burden to load, assuming each player has their own modifications. Taking this into account, maybe they can manage to reduce that load a bit.

It is our greatest hope that there will be pleasant updates in the map graphics with the game engine change.

• Like 1

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”