Achievement System

Lamb Sauce III

⭐ **__ACHIEVEMENT SYSTEM__** ⭐

**Introducing the topic**
> Back in February 2022, TruckersMP hosted a special event on their public servers. An event where many players came together to deliver special TruckersMP cargo to a construction site on the outskirts of Wroclaw. Once finished, this became the TruckersMP HQ as we all know it today. What was extra special about this event, was not only that it was carried out on public servers, but it also came with a **special achievement** that can be displayed on your profile. This achievement is unique and is now unattainable since the event has concluded (More info can be found via the following blog post: <https://truckersmp.com/blog/265>). Since then, although the new achievement system gained a lot of excitement, nothing came to fruition, and it has now been almost 1 year since that event. 

**Purpose and aim of this discussion**
> Although many users may see the achievement system as a failed project, I believe that it still has a lot of potential, both for current and new players. In my personal opinion, in addition to the limited time achievements, I think the achievement system needs some standard achievements that are permanently available to all users. Not only would these provide current players with something to work towards, and to hopefully reignite many players passion for TruckersMP, but it can also serve as way of introducing new players to the platform. For example; one achievement could be obtained by completing a job using the job dispatcher, whilst another one could be granted to players who complete a certain amount of bus routes.

I'd love to hear what views everyone has on this topic, and as to whether you think my suggestion above would be a good/bad idea.

Hi, dear friend

I agree with you It would be nice if the events were endless  and players could do this events at any time. But I also like how it is now, because I think all players are special so If the events are valid for a certain period of time, they can attract a certain number of people and not all profiles are the same. 

Good games,

BBURAK

Agree. I already mentioned on several previous threads that regular achievements/events with specific cargos & routes to complete is probably the most effective way have players spread more evenly on the map instead of having 80% on C-D and 20% elsewhere.

People are looking for gathering points where they know they will find other players. Lets give them these points by regularly setting up events to transport cargos on new routes/countries.

I agree with you, I think the achievement system can give players more motivationI agree with you, I think the achievement system can give players more motivation

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

6 hours ago, Bеаn said:

Hi, Cary 👋

Could you think of some examples? 

Well, I don't know exactly the ones Cary has in mind, but there can be many examples you could think of:

• Germany Beer Month: transport 100T of beers to any German city within the month to get the reward.
  • Sailing Championship: we have 4 different sailing tournaments this month in EU, transport at least 10 racing sailing boats from/to one of these 4 EU coastal cities with 0% damage to get the reward.
  • etc...

Then you could have rankings for the players with the most rewards. And you could even have categories or rewards: safe driving (0% damage), rules followers (no fine during mission jobs), fastest deliveries (the ones getting rewards the quickest on avg) etc...

On 2/8/2023 at 11:59 AM, Foobrother said:

Well, I don't know exactly the ones Cary has in mind, but there can be many examples you could think of:

• Germany Beer Month: transport 100T of beers to any German city within the month to get the reward.
  • Sailing Championship: we have 4 different sailing tournaments this month in EU, transport at least 10 racing sailing boats from/to one of these 4 EU coastal cities with 0% damage to get the reward.
  • etc...

Then you could have rankings for the players with the most rewards. And you could even have categories or rewards: safe driving (0% damage), rules followers (no fine during mission jobs), fastest deliveries (the ones getting rewards the quickest on avg) etc...

Some good suggestions! There needs to be more incentive to explore roads and cities that aren't Calais or Duisburg.  

Previously there have been challenges or community events like 'TruckersMP HQ'. What did you think about this event?

15 minutes ago, Bеаn said:

Previously there have been challenges or community events like 'TruckersMP HQ'. What did you think about this event?

Loved them! And already mentioned the above in the dedicated "TruckersMP HQ Event" feedback thread where I mentioned I would love to see more frequent events like that who would help having more players on different routes than C-D as you mentioned above 🙂

1 hour ago, Bеаn said:

Do you have any ideas on how an event similar to TruckersMP HQ could take place without one place being a choke hold, @Foobrother?  

One of my examples answers your question: 

Sailing Championship: we have 4 different sailing tournaments this month in EU, transport at least 10 racing sailing boats from/to one of these 4 EU coastal cities with 0% damage to get the reward.

Imagine these 4 cities would be: Brest (FR) / A Coruna (SP) / Marseille (FR) / Venice (IT). You would have people doing routes between all these cities and gathering in 4 different cities (not just one). You can obviously have more/less cities.
You could imagine more complex examples (maybe also for people with DLCs) like:

• Help convoys for Turkey: after the earthquake we need to provide resource to help Turkey:
    1 - Collect logs from the Slovakian forests (any city in Slovakia) and transport these logs to Hungaria or Romania to be transformed into lumbers
    2 - Collect Lumbers and/or any construction elements (concrete parts / metal parts) from any city in Hungaria or Romania and deliver them in Tekirdag (TR)
    3 - Collect any construction machine (excavator, mobile crane, etc...) from Germany and deliver them in Istanbul (TR)
    Deliver 5 times each routes (1, 2 or 3) without any damage and without being late to collect the reward. For any player collecting the reward TMP will give n€ to xxxxx charity to help people in Turkey.

I agree with you it can be really nice.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

• 4 weeks later...
  • Community Manager

Hey! 

Due to the fact that this topic has been inactive for over 14 days (2 weeks,) I have to archive this topic. However, don't let this deter your activity on our forums! We encourage activity, as we love hearing what you love to talk about! Make sure to stay healthy! 

//Locked and Archived

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived