Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Weekly Events & Ranking System

Msg to mods: I couldn't find how to create a topic directly in Game Suggestion.

Suggestion Name: Weekly Event

Suggestion Description: Each week running Monday to Sunday there should be events where players can partake in at their own leisure. So TMP posts on the website as an example... Aberdeen to Barcelona. Players have to take cargo (players choice) from Aberdeen to Barcelona. They earn points let's say 100 points for completing it. They can do it as many times as they want. If a player does the trip 5 times they earn 500 points that week. The game knows whether they've done a mission as it's all tracked. Maybe they earn points based on cargo / heavy cargo, type of trailer used etc. It shouldn't be complicated but fun way of adding traffic on various different routes and boost traffic away from C/D road and provide traffic on alternative routes on a weekly basis. The person who earns the most points wins €5 steam voucher. It would cost TMP €260 a year to run. If money is an issue, in game perks like special box on the website. Wall of fame, discord role with colours, essentially similar awards based on Patreon membership for a week following the event.

Week 1: Aberdeen to Barcelona

Week 2: Instalbul to Dusseldorf

Week 3: Helsinki to Genoa

Week 4: Southampton to Tampere

Week 5: Rome to Oslo

etc.

Any example images: N/A

Why should it be added?: It'll boost traffic on different routes on a weekly basis to different parts of the map.

• 1 month later...

Weekly events will be a high strech. One event a month makes more sense. This will definetly stimulate players to use other routes than the "C-D".
I see you follow the moto - The longer the better, but not safer. From my convoy exp. I could tell you that only 60 to 80% of the starting players ever finish such an activity and these are mostly up to 1000 km. It should not be about the lenth, but the complexity. 

The money part - who is going to proved it?! You?