Thoughts of a Scania T series in TMP

Bradd

It would be cool if TMP added a Scania T Series into the game. Even just a patreon only vehicle it would be sick.
Let me know what you think either if you like the idea or not
left a photo if anyone is unsure what I'm talking about

tseries.jpg

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

I think it would be really nice if you are able to use the T series in TMP. But there is the problem that TMP doesn’t have the license. 

25 minutes ago, carcrazyalex said:

If that is the case, then how come the Bollore Bluebus is in the game?

The Bluebus is created by DBusWorld, and they probably have a different license for that. I can’t tell 100% if that’s true, but it is the most logical explanation 

role_Support.png.ad716e35768b3c7e90fca2d               320068038_role_EventTeam.png.baf3dab9942               1531540532_role_5Patron(4).png.063edcf85               2117614355_role_VeteranII(1).png.a9bb8eb status.png

14 minutes ago, carcrazyalex said:

If that is the case, then how come the Bollore Bluebus is in the game?

The model is ported to ETS2 as free mod from OMSI2 (see the licenced DLC) with permission.

99,9% mods (including RJL mods) do not have any kind of permission, they are in legally grey area, it is not really a problem for personal use, however this may cause problems for TMP, cause of the public nature of the mod, and certainly any monetization (patreon) of such mods would be illegal.

That I think,  is one of the reasons why TMP is relluctant to do something like this.

On 1/25/2023 at 10:00 AM, Granite said:

The model is ported to ETS2 as free mod from OMSI2 (see the licenced DLC) with permission.

99,9% mods (including RJL mods) do not have any kind of permission, they are in legally grey area, it is not really a problem for personal use, however this may cause problems for TMP, cause of the public nature of the mod, and certainly any monetization (patreon) of such mods would be illegal.

That I think,  is one of the reasons why TMP is relluctant to do something like this.

I think this is correct. Either a mod has to be created by someone else with permission to do so, and then they lets us use it, or someone has to create a lookalike and call it something different (like with the scout car) and let us use it. Or the easiest way is for SCS Software to simply just put it into the game. But i highly doubt that SCS is gonna make this truck and put it into the game as this truck is not a new truck and so its unlikely that Scania would let SCS create it.

1 hour ago, MrSirViking said:

But i highly doubt that SCS is gonna make this truck and put it into the game as this truck is not a new truck and so its unlikely that Scania would let SCS create it.

International 9900i was already discontinued for almost 5 years when they added it to ATS and another out of pruduction truck (5700XE) is rumored to appear.

T-cab is discontinued for almost 20 years, it's still an iconic legend and we know SCS has very good relations with Scania, so we can never guess what they are cooking, although there are most likely higher priorities for truck models at the moment.

6 hours ago, Granite said:

International 9900i was already discontinued for almost 5 years when they added it to ATS and another out of pruduction truck (5700XE) is rumored to appear.

T-cab is discontinued for almost 20 years, it's still an iconic legend and we know SCS has very good relations with Scania, so we can never guess what they are cooking, although there are most likely higher priorities for truck models at the moment.

Yes but you gotta remember that the International 9900 is probably a truck that a lot of people still drive and so its probably a truck that you see quite often on the road, even if its not in production. Where as the Scania T is not something you really see anymore. I cant remember seeing one on the road in forever, maybe not since i was young. And it was stopped in 2005. And so its not really relevant any more in the general trucking world. But as you say, we dont know, they do have good relations with Scania and so maybe one day they will let us have it. 

Scania is not building the Torpedo's anymore, so highly doubt SCS will add those to the game. 

Then you could say the same about the Scania 4 series etc. 

Rigidtrucks as the same for tandem trucks is also hard for SCS to get a license for as all truck manufactures have to agree with it. 

But I agree, would be a very nice feature to see in the future.

On 1/25/2023 at 9:00 AM, Granite said:

Yep! And that's probably why there are many other mods not supported in TMP.

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived