Why do some people not keep a safe distance from the front trailer?

farshad78

This has become a serious problem at Eurotrack
Unfortunately, many drivers do not keep a safe distance of 100 meters from the trailer in front of them
This driving mode can be seen on the Calais route and in many Eurotruck convoys
In addition, it violates the rights of the front trailer and makes it impossible for the driver to brake and slow down easily in the bends of the road.
And this fear is always with him that they will hit him from behind
I ask everyone who sees this post to keep a safe distance
Please allow the driver to slow down in corners without fear
Observance of this simple matter can prevent many accidents

Because many players in the game do not like to be patient. Because many players prefer to drive fast, they prefer to get from one point to another as fast as possible. And many players like to dangerously overtake the player in front of them. This type of player leaves almost no distance to overtake the trucks in front of them.

Or another type of player, he doesn't want anyone to pass him. And that's why he tries to keep the distance between him and the player in front of him as close as possible so that no one can overtake him. If he keeps a safe distance from the player in front of him, another player can come and overtake him. 

These are definitely not recommended. Because this kind of driving is dangerous. I wish all players would play by following the rules like you said. Safe distance is important in the game as in real traffic. The main cause of many accidents is the failure to follow the safe distance. To avoid such situations, all you have to do is avoid crowded areas as much as possible.

30 minutes ago, Suleyman.53 said:

Because many players in the game do not like to be patient. Because many players prefer to drive fast, they prefer to get from one point to another as fast as possible. And many players like to dangerously overtake the player in front of them. This type of player leaves almost no distance to overtake the trucks in front of them.

Or another type of player, he doesn't want anyone to pass him. And that's why he tries to keep the distance between him and the player in front of him as close as possible so that no one can overtake him. If he keeps a safe distance from the player in front of him, another player can come and overtake him. 

These are definitely not recommended. Because this kind of driving is dangerous. I wish all players would play by following the rules like you said. Safe distance is important in the game as in real traffic. The main cause of many accidents is the failure to follow the safe distance. To avoid such situations, all you have to do is avoid crowded areas as much as possible.

It would be good if they overtook, but the problem is that they don't overtake and continue on their way with a very close distance behind the front trailer.
and puts both parties at risk

2 hours ago, farshad78 said:

Unfortunately, many drivers do not keep a safe distance of 100 meters from the trailer in front of them
In addition, it violates the rights of the front trailer and makes it impossible for the driver to brake and slow down easily in the bends of the road.

Heya 😃

I can completely understand your situation, however we have to keep in mind that this is a game where people come to relax or to have some fun racing around.  

There are not really any guidelines on how to drive safely on the roads of TruckersMP, so everybody is sorta left alone, meaning that everyone has a different point of view of what is safe and wat is not. 

You will see more "careless" drivers in busy area's rather than cities that are outside the base map. If you want to drive more relaxed and maybe a little more lonely, head over to the DLC area's 😉 

Robin.  

Dutch-English | Sign Language

Useful links:  

TruckersMP Rules | Report System | Appealing a ban | TruckersMP Map

Because many players (especially on C-D road) are either very impatient or just

want to show their capabilities of driving like 10m behind a trailer without crashing

(or they simply don't care about rules).

There's also the factor that many don't consider or blatantly just ignore the simulation part

of the game and see it more as a racing game/simulator. The origin of players (home-country) may also play a role since the traffic

can be very different depending on which country you are in. 

Of course there's always the exception to that. Just because someone is from a country with basically no 

road laws, doesn't mean that he won't follow the rules of TruckersMP.

But i guess these are some possible explanations as to why some players behave/drive like this.

Best regards,

~Zysto

Have a nice day!

I can say people love the drive dangerously yesterday in promods prime logistic convoy front of me 2 driver's had lag between them I keep my distance but they never leave space between them middle of the convoy both get involve accident one of them fly other one rollover.

When I see them in the mirror's I just decreased my speed they overtake after like 5-10 min pass I saw them in the ditch or hit someone always.

8 hours ago, [G-T-R]GrayWolf said:

I can say people love the drive dangerously yesterday in promods prime logistic convoy front of me 2 driver's had lag between them I keep my distance but they never leave space between them middle of the convoy both get involve accident one of them fly other one rollover.

When I see them in the mirror's I just decreased my speed they overtake after like 5-10 min pass I saw them in the ditch or hit someone always.

Here is the strange thing
Many people are not afraid that they might be banned

So many players,take this game as a racing game,and don't care about the rules etc.. expecially on C-D or kirkenes...The most populated areas... turkish players are the first I have like 70 bans of all turkish reckless drivers.

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

On 1/31/2023 at 3:45 PM, Viktoria. said:

So many players,take this game as a racing game,and don't care about the rules etc.. expecially on C-D or kirkenes...The most populated areas... turkish players are the first I have like 70 bans of all turkish reckless drivers.

I also agree that at least half of the accidents are caused by Turks
However, I think you have the record for reporting 70 times
This figure is very high

xd

Because C-D = race track! Don't expect people on this road to respect any real life road safety rules. When I check their Steam profile, very surprisingly, most of the people I report when driving on this road, are also playing Forza, Assetto Corsa, GTA V and other racing games 🙄. I'm not saying you can't play both types of games (racing and simulation). But it looks like most of time the racing driving style is taking over the simulation driving style 😁

If you want a better experience drive anywhere outside C-D and you should be ok.

People are playing ETS2 like a racing game. If they played realistically there would be no such problems. Maybe we can enjoy it when accidents happen.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

On 2/6/2023 at 4:20 PM, Foobrother said:

Because C-D = race track! Don't expect people on this road to respect any real life road safety rules. When I check their Steam profile, very surprisingly, most of the people I report when driving on this road, are also playing Forza, Assetto Corsa, GTA V and other racing games 🙄. I'm not saying you can't play both types of games (racing and simulation). But it looks like most of time the racing driving style is taking over the simulation driving style 😁

If you want a better experience drive anywhere outside C-D and you should be ok.

Maybe the route can be changed and reconstructed a little to make things better

23 hours ago, !drkYVZ said:

مردم ETS2 را مانند یک بازی مسابقه ای بازی می کنند. اگر آنها واقع بینانه بازی می کردند، چنین مشکلاتی وجود نداشت. شاید بتوانیم در هنگام وقوع تصادف از آن لذت ببریم.

For the inexperienced, this road is deadly. Usually they make mistakes

Maybe the route can be changed and reconstructed a little to make things better

Already done many times. But you will never be able to prevent reckless driving and crashes except if you make that road collision free.

For the inexperienced, this road is deadly. Usually they make mistakes

Let me re-phrase: "For the inexperienced racers, this circuit is deadly." 😉

Perhaps some people seek excitement rather than safe driving

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

8 hours ago, HENGYA said:

Probably. The problem is that's not the place for that. It's like playing football and fighting with other players in each game because "it's more exciting!". No, you don't fight in football games. You fight in MMA/boxing etc...

Same here, no you don't race on TMP Simulation servers. You race on TMP Arcarde servers or on Forza, Assetto Corsa etc...

On 2/12/2023 at 10:08 AM, Davina said:

Because they are on a deathwish. If they did that in the real world they'd either be in jail or dead.

Banning them may change their behavior a little

On 2/10/2023 at 2:36 AM, HENGYA said:

My advice to them is to play Forza 5

On 2/10/2023 at 11:25 AM, Foobrother said:

Probably. The problem is that's not the place for that. It's like playing football and fighting with other players in each game because "it's more exciting!". No, you don't fight in football games. You fight in MMA/boxing etc...

Same here, no you don't race on TMP Simulation servers. You race on TMP Arcarde servers or on Forza, Assetto Corsa etc...

This game is to achieve relaxation and not excitement
Unfortunately, if they want excitement, they have to go to the arcade server

On 1/23/2023 at 5:01 PM, farshad78 said:

Thank you for bringing up this important issue.

The safety distance is often violated and its importance underestimated.

As a thumb rule, the minimum safety distance should be half of your speed in meters.

For example, if you are traveling at 80 km/h your minimum safety distance should be 40 meters.

Another rule of thumb is the 3-seconds-rule.

If the vehicle in front of you passes a certain landmark/ object, for example a traffic light, you start counting down 3 seconds.
If you reach the chosen landmark/ object before the 3 seconds countdown is over, you are following too close!

In general, it is a good idea to maintain a sufficient safety distance to have enough time and space to react to unforseeable events on the road.

19 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Thank you for bringing up this important issue.

The safety distance is often violated and its importance underestimated.

As a thumb rule, the minimum safety distance should be half of your speed in meters.

For example, if you are traveling at 80 km/h your minimum safety distance should be 40 meters.

Another rule of thumb is the 3-seconds-rule.

If the vehicle in front of you passes a certain landmark/ object, for example a traffic light, you start counting down 3 seconds.
If you reach the chosen landmark/ object before the 3 seconds countdown is over, you are following too close!

In general, it is a good idea to maintain a sufficient safety distance to have enough time and space to react to unforseeable events on the road.

This is one of the most important principles for accident prevention

On 1/23/2023 at 6:54 PM, Suleyman.53 said:

These two types of players don't know how to stay in road. In game sometimes is good to respect the speed limit.

Sometimes on highways i put cruise at 98-99 (i use trucksbook client when i do jobs and these count when you are under 100km/h) and sometimes there is someone who try slowly to overtake me (with probably 10km/h of difference)

Others who stay at 1cm at your bumper, i hate that bcs if the server lags or your wifi or your pc, the that likes your bumper gets in you and put the near players in danger.

For these people, put yourself irl and try to survive 🙃

Archived