new launcher for TruckersMP having problem: failed to get pid

FBTC - Raaphael

Question

Hi, I've been getting a lot of reports from friends who are experiencing the following issue when running the new TruckersMP launcher.

Failed to launch the game: failed to get pid

The old one doesn't seem to have this error.

Is there any solution for this?

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

4 answers to this question

Hello @FBTC - Raaphael ;

You mentioned that you had a problem I'm really sorry about that. You can be sure that I will do my best to help you.

1) Verify your ETS2/ATS2 files in steam. (Steam -> Right Click ETS2/ATS2 -> Properties -> Verify integrity of game files)

2) Run the launcher as administrator. ( TruckersMP Launcher -> Right Click -> Run As Administrator)

3) Start ET2/ATS2 with OpenGL. (Steam ETS2/ATS2 -> Play -> Start with OpenGL -> Press DRIVE Button -> Close ETS2/ATS2 -> Try Running TruckersMP as Administrator)

4) Try to install Launcher on C:\ProgramData path. (Open Launcher -> Settings -> TruckersMP Installation Directory -> Install to C:\ProgramData Path)

5) Check if the paths are correct. ( TruckersMP Launcher -> Settings -> ETS2/ATS2 Installation Path -> D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2 -> it should be like this if not you can easily copy and paste it from steam. Steam -> ETS2/ATS2 -> Properties -> Local Files -> Browse Local Files -> You Can Copy the File Location at the Top of the Window and Paste it into the Launcher. ) NOTE: Since I installed it in the D:\ directory, it may differ for others!

If it doesn't work despite these steps please delete the launcher and all its files and install it again (don't forget to install it on C:\ProgramData path)

6) Win+R -> %programdata% -> Delete TruckersMP folder.

7) C:\Program Files\ -> Delete the folder named TruckersMP Launcher.

8 ) Documents -> Delete ETS2MP and ATS2MP folders.

9) Win+R -> regedit -> expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> expand SOFTWARE -> delete TruckersMP file.

After doing these click HERE to download the Launcher again.

I hope I was able to solve your problem clearly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask me. I wish you a good day.

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

Hello there!

Has your question been answered with the above given answer?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return! 

Regards, 

djmtrlltc

TruckersMP Support + Translator & DBus Translator

As this is not a problem that has not occurred to me.
I waited for an answer from friends and they said that the solutions method described from 1 to 5 did not solve it.
And after that they reinstalled the launcher and it started working normally again.

Thank you for your support @!drkYVZ

• Like 1

>  Raaphael   <   

Veteran Driver VII

?   ?  ? ? ?   ?

Hello there,

Since you solved your issue, I will go ahead and move this topic to solved topics.

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Kind regards,

ScanvaUK

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Solved.