Say something that was on Ets 2 before and is now changed or removed

Furkan TEMZ

Hi @Furkan TEMZ

There used to be a higher speed limit but a few years ago this limit was reduced. But I think it was the right decision.

Secondly Duisburg was redesigned. I think it was a bad idea old duisburg was really nice but there were too many trolls when there wasn't an admin around there.

I would like to know what are your thoughts on this subject.

• Like 1

Kind regards,                                                                                                                          Languages that I know;

!drkYVZ                                                                                                                                  Turkish, English, Spanish, German

Social:                                                                                                       Have a safe trucking and have a good day!                                                                                                         Useful Links:

TruckersMP     |     TruckersMP Forum     |     Steam                                                                                                                                                                                                 Ban Appeal    |     Report         Rules      |     Feedback     |     Support

There were actually quite a few things, which got removed/changed:

1. DirectX 9 support - removed after 1.36 got released, just to be replaced with DX11. 
  2. Plenty of map changes, such as: Lille road changeover, Calais changeover, Partial Germany changeover, Switzerland changeover, etc. 
  3. Changeover from OpenAL to FMOD, which made sounds more realistic, with drawback of making sound mods more difficult. As a mere fact, BeamNG.Drive also uses FMOD, however instead of sound banks, the game uses OGG files. It took a good while for FMOD issues to be fixed in TruckersMP.

• Like 1

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• 2 weeks later...

Speed limits,at the beginning of TMP was at 150kmh,then they removed completely for some time,where you can drive at what speed you want... and they put it again...

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

^^^ Not really. At the beginning there were no speed limits (and there was only one server). Then they set a 90 Km/h speed limit in that server. Due to complaints, they opened a second server with no speed limits (the times with EU#1 and EU#2). Due to the huge amount of "accidents", reports, bans, appeals, etc. in this second server, they set a 150 Km/h limit in it. Some time later, they implemented "Road to Simulation", setting Simulation servers with 110 Km/h speed limits and Arcade servers without limits, but also without collisions (to avoid going back to the EU#1-EU#2 situation in the report system). Of course, with all these changes, others were made to the rules, searching always for a better environment where every player can enjoy TruckersMP without having to be destroyed or to report other players every 5 minutes.

Other things that there were and there are not anymore... I remember that there was no "web reporting" system, the reports were sent in a sub-section of the forums. There were no Scout car, buses or alternating-vehicles. There was no "Job delivery dispatcher", people had to use 3rd party software to create custom jobs. Too many things have been changed/added/removed to be listed shortly. And this is only in TMP... In ETS2, the list would be way longer...

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Maaan, i'm still waiting on the dirt roads they will be adding someday, i hope at least. it could bring so mutch new emotions to the game, the potholes the dirt, litle mud and so one.. but from my experiance being whit the game for so long, idkn. i kinda feel they could do more but in the same way they have done a lot to improve...

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.