Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Recycling of the reporting system points system

maz1lovo

Suggestion Name: Recycling of the reporting system points system

Suggestion Description: I want to suggest changing the points system. I understand everything that this is kind of like a great system, they reward you for good reports, on the contrary, they take points for bad ones. I faced such a problem that my reports were not completely acceptable and I accept this as my not the best experience. I am very sorry that I wrote such bad reports without relying on TruckersMP rules. 
In general, I would like to suggest dropping points to those who are ready to improve and no longer violate the rules of the TruckersMP project. I hope that I was able to convey my idea to you, because I use a translator and it is difficult for me to communicate in English.

I also think it would be great if the points were reset once a year. Personally, I have 0 points, but I really want to send reports on violators, but I do not have such an opportunity... Even after appealing for unblocking in the reporting system, I still have 0 points left. I hope for the understanding of the developers, as well as the administration of TruckersMP.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1 

I support your suggestion.

15 hours ago, Hidara said:

violators of the rules for submitting a report should be banned from reporting for a certain time

Users who create reports in violation of report rules are 30 day or permanently banned from the report system. but for those who don't violate the report rules, I support this suggestion. Their reports are declined just because they created bad reports, but their right to creating of the reports can be renewed for a certain period of time as long as they're not banned from the report system.

§1.4 - Reporting users

Any breaches of the below rules might result in a 30 day ban from our report system for a first offense, and a permanent ban for a second offense, and will lead to your report getting rejected [...]

However, if you don't currently have report rights, you should use the in-game report system.

Kind Regards.

If your reports are continually not up the required standards, why should you be allowed to submit reports? 

In my opinion, the current system works well, and sufficiently restricts those who seek to misuse. 

In terms of a report system overhaul, I think there're some things that could be tweaked. For example, increasing the report buffer for in-game reports.    

7 hours ago, Be4rdy said:

You know fine well that's about as useful as a chocolate kettle

I quite agree.

The in-game report system in its actual state doesn't work efficiently due to the combination of a high number of sent reports, overworked game moderators, and a too short claim time.

And if that wasn't already bad enough, players whose reports weren't claimed have to spend valuable time creating the same report again in the web report system.

A direct connection between the in-game report system and the web report system is clearly missing here.

In-game reports that weren't claimed in time should be saved as a draft in the web report system of the reporting player for later use.

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...

Hello @[VTC ATL] maz1lovo,

Thanks for the suggestion!

In response to a suggestion from our community, we have adjusted the minimum report score that users can possess. It has been modified from 0 to 1, affording players an opportunity to enhance this score by contributing valuable reports. Currently, we do not have any intentions of performing a complete reset of user report scores. We have confidence in the existing system, which we believe operates fairly.

Thanks for understanding!

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Community Manager

// Rejected

• Like 1