Someone overtaking and hit me then said it was my fault because I am speeding

Lucashyh

The situation is when I was driving through the DC road, there is a car coming on the opposite side and he came to my lane then hit me. I accused him that he is overtaking dangerously and hit me but he came back to me that it was my fault because I am speeding and I run at him while he was overtaking. I was driving around 90 which I think yes he is correct about the speeding. So, who is the one in fault in this situation?

Nothing wrong with your speed you can drive up to 110 km/h or lowest 60 km/h you can drive which speed you want but normally people drive between 80 / 90 

When someone make inappropriate overtake and getting you damage record and report it but when someone overtaking you and you're trying block them it's your fault.

I have read your topic and I am sure that is not your fault.

Of course, you should drive very carrefuly on the road, no matter which road it is. People are able to hit you also in the city.

I would recommend you to start recording the game. If you were recording, you can create a report at our website.

Unfortunately without evidence you will not be able to create a report, so that is the reason I recommend you to start recording.

Perhaps, you were speding, I do not really know. You need to know that speeding while someone is overtaking you is not proper decision.

I have no idea did you have an opportunity to pull over or not, but next time you should. CD road is the post popular road so kinda situations may happen.

Nie ma magicznych skrótów do rozwiązania Twoich problemów.

Ban appeal | Complaints / Feedback | TruckersMP Rules | Join the Team |

7 minutes ago, JJay said:

I have read your topic and I am sure that is not your fault.

Of course, you should drive very carrefuly on the road, no matter which road it is. People are able to hit you also in the city.

I would recommend you to start recording the game. If you were recording, you can create a report at our website.

Unfortunately without evidence you will not be able to create a report, so that is the reason I recommend you to start recording.

Perhaps, you were speding, I do not really know. You need to know that speeding while someone is overtaking you is not proper decision.

I have no idea did you have an opportunity to pull over or not, but next time you should. CD road is the post popular road so kinda situations may happen.

Thanks for your advice and I will do that in the future. I don't really want to get him banned or anything but I just feel that seems like he got a point there and I am bit curious on what will it leads to when the situation really goes down like that.

And btw I should be more clear about that is the car hit me is going to the east to Duisburg and I am going to the west to Calais. I can't really avoid him because in my right there is a fence and it is a curve road, which is really unfortunate.

I just like when you say, you don't want to get him banned.  most drivers take that serious, even when it's not intentional to hit them.

I don't report anyone no matter how I got hit, I see such reckless drivers every day in real life. soO, I just take it,  there are everywhere.

and its FUN! to have such drivers because, this is what we see everyday on our way to work.

7 hours ago, L-DragO* said:

I just like when you say, you don't want to get him banned.  most drivers take that serious, even when it's not intentional to hit them.

I don't report anyone no matter how I got hit, I see such reckless drivers every day in real life. soO, I just take it,  there are everywhere.

and its FUN! to have such drivers because, this is what we see everyday on our way to work.

Like your attitude and those reckless drivers in truckersmp is one of the reason why this game is very fun. But irl I don't think we want those reckless drivers.

But I think I will still report someone if he did it intentionally, or have bad attitude even they are the one in fault.

On 1/3/2023 at 10:26 PM, Lucashyh said:

The situation is when I was driving through the DC road, there is a car coming on the opposite side and he came to my lane then hit me. I accused him that he is overtaking dangerously and hit me but he came back to me that it was my fault because I am speeding and I run at him while he was overtaking. I was driving around 90 which I think yes he is correct about the speeding. So, who is the one in fault in this situation?

It's difficult to give an opinion without a video, if you think it's his fault, bring your situation to the report with the evidence, you will surely have more precise indications

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

This is why when I get routed through northern France, Lille etc (You know where I am) I drop my speed almost 10 mph (I run at 80kph/50mph due to my train speed limit irl) but in these highly populate areas I do slow down a bit and increase my following distances. But the best way to protect your truck is to drive an extra few hundred miles around let I try to do. I enjoy getting in there with everyone but because many take the game as a game and not a simulator it gets really painful for me, yes as some have stated we get reckless drivers on the roads but when they drive like a nut just to cut you off then report you for blocking yeah, I'll just drive around the area. Which really? Why is Northern France so busy anyway, doesn't any one want to see the rest of European like myself.

On 1/3/2023 at 9:26 PM, Lucashyh said:

Hey @Lucashyh, Based on what you have shared with me, it appears that you were not acting in violation of any rules or policies during your interaction with the other user. Therefore, I do not believe that you should be subject to a ban. In fact, given the behavior that you described on the part of the other user, I would strongly encourage you to consider submitting a report, provided that you have sufficient evidence to support your claims. Addressing what you mentioned about the speeding:

TruckersMP Rules State

Speeding, while allowed, is not recommended. Speeding can lead to accidents and can factor in a punishment decision.

In Summary, Speeding is permitted, but may or may not be taken into consideration when determining punishment for related incidents

I hope this helps 🙂

573304307_beast(1).png.8814b9b78762488de1b7371ed811dae4.png

VTC-Lux-Transports-Group.png.a511970312751686159335f947ad3fee.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think it's fair,as in reality...if you overtake,of course you expect the one you're overtaking to let you enter the lane...so it's also when someone overtakes you...he expects you to slow down or facilitate him to let him enter and not cause unnecessary accidents...it costs you nothing to slow down.

REMEMBER that you are playing a SIMULATOR GAME and this game is NOT a RACING GAME. If you like races,maybe you're on the wrong game. SL: 80-90 Km/h

• 2 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived