Game going back to the desktop automatically

.Lama

Question

Hello, i'm having some trouble with my game since few days

Problem:

I'm driving on the map like a normal player, and the game is like doing an automatic ATL + TAB (But I'm NOT doing this), and the game is still running in the background so if there is a curve, i'm crashing into the invisible wall or a player 

+ When I'm doing the ATL + TAB key (by myself), my whole computer is freezing for like 1 second

If anyone have a solution, it could be helpfull :))

I've already checked my game files, nothing wrong there

Hardrives are not full

Game is on the SSD

Thanks,

Lama

9 answers to this question

Hello there, @II Lama II!

Does this happen only in Multiplayer or in Singleplayer too? Also, have you checked if this happens in other games too?

I had a similar issue in the past and it was connected to the operation system, so only a clean re-installation of Windows helped me. If you don't find a solution here that helps that might be your last option to try.

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Support Team

• Thanks 1

Hello there,

Try running the game with OpenGL instead of DX, go to your Steam library, click Play on ETS2/ATS and a small grey window will open, choose "Launch with OpenGL" and start the Game all the way, save and quit.

Also, please try to start TruckersMP launcher as administrator. Right click on TruckersMP Launcher icon and click "Start as administrator".

Also try this

> Go to Steam library

> Right click on Euro Truck Simulator 2

> Properties

> Local Files

> Verify in-game files 

Kind Regards,

Million88

• Thanks 1

Hello!

I've seen this bug, but never had it happen to me personally. However, I did have the problem where ALT+TAB wouldn't work at all. Any how, have you tried these steps:
-Opening a app in the background to see if it won't freeze
-Uninstalling your game
-Removing all mods, and save edits

If non of these recommendations have worked, or are working. Read through this SCS-Blog to see if their fixes/problems correlate to the issues you're having.
-https://forum.scssoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=290727

If your problems/issues have been resolved or fixed please do drop a check mark❤️

Have a good day ❤️

• Thanks 1

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

Hello guys, thanks for your replies

Million88,

I've tried to launch the game with OpenGL and run the TruckerMP launcher as administrator, seems like to be ok, but I'm losing so much FPS (180 FPS droping to 90 fps with nobody on my area) and when i'm coming in Calais I have 10 FPS instead of 35 FPS

Already checked the game files, nothing wrong

Blehmaster,

I'm always using Chrome, Discord, and a lot of apps running in back but it never impacted my gameplay like it do right now

Uninstalling the game didn't change anything

I don't like mods and save edit so I don't have those

Leon Baker,

I would like to say only in MP because i never play on SP.

Never saw this on an other game or app, just Chrome, when i'm changing tab it's like doing the same mini freeze

• HaulieLove 1

18 hours ago, II Lama II said:

Never saw this on an other game or app, just Chrome, when i'm changing tab it's like doing the same mini freeze

If you experience the same problem with your browser there is definitely something wrong with your operation system. It could be some technical problem or a malware. A clean re-installation of Windows is the only thing I can suggest.

Sincerely,

Leon Baker

Support Team

• Thanks 1

Hello there!

Your topic has been inactive for 3 days since the last reply.
Because of inactivity, I will have to move this topic to Inactive Topics.

If you still have any questions about this, feel free to DM me or our Support Team members, we will open this again.

Sincerely,  
Lucas._
Support Team

// Locked and Moved to Inactive

Hello there,

I am going to move this topic to the Unsolved section because it has been inactive again for 7 days.
Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating another topic or a support ticket!

Sincerely,  
OmSaL
TruckersMP Support

// Moved to Unsolved