Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Increase Speed Limit

Before you say no, please readddd

Suggestion Name: Increase Speed Limit

Suggestion Description: Increase Speed Limit to at least 120mph.

Any example images: ----

Why should it be added?:
As a new player and solo player, I do a lot of shipments, and 80% of my experience so far, is just driving through an empty highway. And that is very, very boring. Specially when I get those 40+ hrs trips. So I suggest, for the sake of fun, up the speed limit to at least 120mph. I'm sure +10mph is nothing, however, it's better than nothing. It's very disencouraging having to drive 1, 2 hrs by yourself, on an empty highway. Sometimes I doubt if it's even worth playing TruckersMP due to this unfun mechanic. It's meant to be multiplayer, butt the highways are empty and you are going slow as a snail. So please; increase the bloody speed limit TO AT LEAST 120mph. Feel free to be 130. Thank you very much.

For the sake of fun

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Aventurin said:

150 is a high speed. actually even 110 is high but at least it should have stayed constant.

I agree.

2 minutes ago, Mαvi~ said:

This is a high speed for a crowded road but 150 on an empty highway would be normal.

It's like too much speed for trucks. even if it's an empty path. it starts to feel like a racing game.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Bolvadin. said:

Are you sure about that? I have traveled many times on highways with heavy trucks and I have never seen such a thing before 😄

As I said, this is not something you see often. situation that may vary between countries. For example, in my country, I think this situation can be encountered with a slightly higher probability than in other countries. drivers are willing to go beyond the speed limit when they have urgent loads. Of course, this is not true, especially in real life. however, the situation is not so serious in ets, and going a little fast on empty highways will not put anyone at risk.

2 minutes ago, Mαvi~ said:

As I said, this is not something you see often. situation that may vary between countries. For example, in my country, I think this situation can be encountered with a slightly higher probability than in other countries. drivers are willing to go beyond the speed limit when they have urgent loads. Of course, this is not true, especially in real life. however, the situation is not so serious in ets, and going a little fast on empty highways will not put anyone at risk.

our opinions are still slightly different but thank you for your explanations my perspective on the situation has changed. 

• HaulieLove 1