Promods crashing

Question

For some reason Promods is crashing (100% of the time) when the map is opened and zoomed in or out, it's happened at the least 8 times now.  It doesn't happen on non-promods servers and it doesn't happen whilst in single player either.  I've file checked with steam and it's fine, i've file checked with the TMP launcher and that's fine, i've even redownloaded the promods files (including the Middle East files) and the crashes stil happen.  I kinda need the map so I can set custom routes.

Any help with this would be fantastic as it's really annoying.

8 answers to this question

Hello there,

It should be a TMP problem. We can't find the problem in singleplayer ProMods. You can fix it by doing this:
Use notepad to pen config.cfg at Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2. Then find r_buffer_page_size 10. Change 10 to 30. Save the file and restart the game.

I'd like to see your great reply.

Best Regards,

30maes

Hello Scania Man,

Since you have perform most of the common solutions to fix it, it seems to be a promods problem.

My best advice would be to reach out directly to promods support, website and discord and try to find a solution.

I hope you find a solution fast.

The Witcher

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

17 hours ago, Ady Man said:

Hello, you must have a total of 9 files from the Promods Addon, you are probably missing it
can you put the game log to check what is causing that crash?

I've ran promods previously and never had this kind of issue before.  I have all of the files needed, if I didn't promods wouldn't even load at all.

15 hours ago, _The Witcher_ said:

Hello Scania Man,

Since you have perform most of the common solutions to fix it, it seems to be a promods problem.

My best advice would be to reach out directly to promods support, website and discord and try to find a solution.

I hope you find a solution fast.

The Witcher

I (obviously) have an account on there so that may be my only option, unfortunately.  I was kinda hoping other players on here might've been having the same issue.

Mod if you see this this thread can be closed.  If I find a fix for it on the promods forums i'll get this reopened and post the fix for it.

Happy new year 🥳

^ I spent around 3 hours on Promods early this afternoon after following your advice regarding changing the config file.  During that time I had zero crashes. tomorrow (3rd Jan) I'll be on Promods again and if I have zero crashes again i'll mark the above reply as the "best answer"  for now i'm not going to tmept fate and say the issue has been fixed.

Okay I've done another run of promods (driving around doing no jobs) and checking the map every 2 minutes or so (zooming in etc) and there's been no crashes since changing that config file.

This can now be closed.

Hello there,

I am glad that your problem has been solved. Have a great rest of the day!

Do not hesitate to contact us again by creating a topic or a support ticket.

I will now move this to solved topics.

Kind Regards,

OmSaL

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and moved to solved