What do you think would improve Calais road conditions?

farshad78

In your opinion, to what extent have punitive policies and prohibition been helpful?
It seems that to a large extent we do not see intentional collisions on the Calais road and this number is low
But still, this road has a very high percentage of collisions, which is the burden of most of the reports on the trackers site
The reasons for these collisions can be the lack of proper distance with the front trailer, wrong overtaking, very low speed or very high speed
What do you think ? What is your suggestion ?
What do you think this road needs to be improved?

Does it need to be renovated?

Hello @farshad78

First of all, I'd like to say I agree with your statement on the fact that drivers do not keep distance between one another. 
 Although, if they renovated that area of the map there goes the majority of the population that TruckersMP has left. However, I agree that it needs a revamp. Though, like I said it'd kill off the remaining population that remains in TruckersMP.

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

5 hours ago, Blehmaster said:

Hello @farshad78

First of all, I'd like to say I agree with your statement on the fact that drivers do not keep distance between one another. 
 Although, if they renovated that area of the map there goes the majority of the population that TruckersMP has left. However, I agree that it needs a revamp. Though, like I said it'd kill off the remaining population that remains in TruckersMP.

In my opinion, it is better for Trackers MP to promote and culture the correct driving practices on their cargo trailers in their events.

A defensive driving  behavior can solve many issues.

14 hours ago, farshad78 said:

In your opinion, to what extent have punitive policies and prohibition been helpful?
It seems that to a large extent we do not see intentional collisions on the Calais road and this number is low
But still, this road has a very high percentage of collisions, which is the burden of most of the reports on the trackers site
The reasons for these collisions can be the lack of proper distance with the front trailer, wrong overtaking, very low speed or very high speed

Players who

• are impatient,
  • are inexperienced,
  • lack situational awareness,
  • drive at excessive speed,
  • overtake in an inappropriate manner,
  • or the combination of the above

can be regarded as the major cause of accidents on that road.

I doubt that more strict rules and harsher punishments would improve the situation much.

The biggest issue in Calais (and CD in general) is stupidity. There are several drivers who drive unrealistically, are impatient, and simply have no regard for other players.

There could be a couple ways that traffic could be reduced though. Turning left out of the service station is the most common place for accidents. The traffic build up from the light and the amount of players trying to exit the service station creates problems. Especially when the light is red and people get stopped half way through the intersection. I would love to see the service station re-done to where you have to exit with a right turn, it would help reduce a lot of traffic and accidents. 

Also more players using the round-a-bout and entering the motorway by the ferry can reduce traffic (that's the way I leave the city). It's more distance, but typically saves a lot of time since you don't have to wait for the lights and the traffic in front of the service station. 

14 hours ago, Flaming. said:

The biggest issue in Calais (and CD in general) is stupidity. There are several drivers who drive unrealistically, are impatient, and simply have no regard for other players.

There could be a couple ways that traffic could be reduced though. Turning left out of the service station is the most common place for accidents. The traffic build up from the light and the amount of players trying to exit the service station creates problems. Especially when the light is red and people get stopped half way through the intersection. I would love to see the service station re-done to where you have to exit with a right turn, it would help reduce a lot of traffic and accidents. 

Also more players using the round-a-bout and entering the motorway by the ferry can reduce traffic (that's the way I leave the city). It's more distance, but typically saves a lot of time since you don't have to wait for the lights and the traffic in front of the service station. 

Your comment was very complete and accurate In my opinion, changes should be made for the points you said For example, the location of the gas station should be at least 5 km away from the Calais road My suggestion is that the speed on this road should be 75 or maximum 80 km/h Maybe it will increase the time to reach the distance for everyone, but it will reduce the number of accidents In many cases, drivers crash at a speed of 110 km/h

Posting my suggestion. The area needs a facelift to handle the amount of traffic.

Other things that need to happen

1. Settings are server side, not client side. With client, many are able to change what they want and it doesn't affect them.
  2. Driving test to get a license to join the server. No license, can't play on Simulation. Being banned revokes the license and requires a retest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2022 at 7:26 AM, farshad78 said:

I think so. 
: : I think we should drive like the reality.

On 12/25/2022 at 9:19 AM, Flaming. said:

That's a great answer!

I am of the same opinion as you! 🙂

Languages: EN / KRNJAP |  Discord: werzey

TruckersMP Support System  | Knowledge Base | TruckersMP Rules | Feedback System

Report System | Appeal Ban 

spacer.png  

Implement a speed limit that isn't 110, eg 60 and 80 max, 

redesign Calais or make it a ncz, I've just spend nearly an hour trying to get out of Calais tonight because of a couple of special people deciding they would like to block the roads and nothing was done about it even with reporting "Your report has timed out"...shocker

17 hours ago, Be4rdy said:

Implement a speed limit that isn't 110, eg 60 and 80 max, 

redesign Calais or make it a ncz, I've just spend nearly an hour trying to get out of Calais tonight because of a couple of special people deciding they would like to block the roads and nothing was done about it even with reporting "Your report has timed out"...shocker

I agree with you, this road needs changes
These changes can be the type of road design
For example, to prevent overtaking the opposite lane, the middle of the road can be protected with a guard rail, or another lane can be added and a light pole can be added to this road.
The next thing that is very dangerous is the sometimes dangerous turns that cause accidents at high speed. You can change these screws to a better state to avoid accidents.
The next thing is related to the gas station, which creates most of the traffic, and they should avoid this road in general. This is the part where game developers can help. In addition to the mandatory speed of up to 75 km/h, the rest depends on the player himself and his behavior.

On 12/29/2022 at 7:10 PM, David A M said:

This may kill the whole route and will force people to go to another road.   But like in the city the speed limit is 60 forced by the tmp make the road a max of 80kmp   

Please give a solution

On 12/26/2022 at 9:36 PM, Somehow Lucky said:
  1. Driving test to get a license to join the server. No license, can't play on Simulation. Being banned revokes the license and requires a retest.

And who would conduct a driving test? You are aware that we have more then 4 million registered users right? We probably had more than 500 new users today. It would probably be impossible to give all of these a driving test. And with banned people having to retake the test there would be even more that needs to be tested. I dont think it can be done.

13 hours ago, MrSirViking said:

And who would conduct a driving test? You are aware that we have more then 4 million registered users right? We probably had more than 500 new users today. It would probably be impossible to give all of these a driving test. And with banned people having to retake the test there would be even more that needs to be tested. I dont think it can be done.

I agree, unless there is a dedicated team, it would be almost impossible, even with the team it would be difficult as you say unless it is maybe a short 10 minute discord call to explain the rules and how you should drive (keeping good distance, knowing the basics.. but with the vast amount of people it would be very challenging and demanding

1 hour ago, chrislovett1 said:

I agree, unless there is a dedicated team, it would be almost impossible, even with the team it would be difficult as you say unless it is maybe a short 10 minute discord call to explain the rules and how you should drive (keeping good distance, knowing the basics.. but with the vast amount of people it would be very challenging and demanding

Let say its just 500 new users every day (its probably way more than that) it would take 11 people spending 8 hours straight with no brakes to give 10 minute talks to 500 people. There is no way we could get 11 people to spent 8 hours a day 7 days a week talking to new users. Many of whom might not even understand English. It is pretty much impossible for us to do such a thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived