C-D road railway crossing rework

Lena'

Hello team ?

I will have a suggestion for you,I think the railroad on the C-d road should be removed and turned into a straight road.There seems to be quite a lot of congestion during rush hour traffic.

When troll drivers are added on it, it brings traffic to the key point from time to time,but with a straight road I am sure the traffic will be completely smooth.

spacer.png

I wish you good work ❤️

Kind regards,

Lena'

• Like 2
  • Upvote 7
  • HaulieCry 3
  • Haha 1

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Suggestion Name:

Calais to Duisburg railway crossing rework

Suggestion Description:

I would like to rework the C-D road railway crossing. I've seen the TMP team do a lot of work around the C-D road in the past few years, and it has really improved the user experience. This is commendable for sure! I would like to suggest the next step for possibly improving this route.

I looked around previous suggestions and saw people asking for teleportation pads or similar. A possible rework for the crossing could be to implement a bridge which goes over the railway crossing. The TMP team has expertly reworked intersections before in the map, and I see having a bridge over the railway crossing as a great alternative to removing the crossing entirely. This would allow traffic to pass free flowing over the railway crossing and bypass the difficult wait times at this point on the most popular TMP route.

Any example images: 

None

Why should it be added?

I, like many other players have waited in queues of vehicles before the railroad crossing between Calais and Duisburg. I've seen wait times of up to 20 minutes with traffic backing up past the reworked Brussels turbine interchange, with averages around peak times of 10 minutes. This can really add up and considering hundreds of players queue here daily countless hours have been spent waiting at this intersection. I feel that we could really improve the user experience by implementing a few changes to this railroad crossing. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3
  • Awesome! 1

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 5:12 PM, seltox.tmp - Tiktok said:

I don’t think that they should remove it completely, because this is what makes the Duisburg - Calais route so special. My suggestion would be a 2 lane rd or similar 

I think this is a good possibility for sure. The only issue I could see with this solution is that people could recklessly merge onto the added lane near the railroad crossing. You brought up a good point of not changing the road's unique features, and I think that the one lane per direction road is another unique feature so another option could be good as well.

Seeing how lanes were added for a brief period near the reworked turbine interchange, this could be very successful. Also doubling the capacity of the railroad crossing would eliminate wait times.

Another thing I thought about was changing the frequency of train traffic. Does anyone know if this crossing can be changed by lowering the frequency of passing trains?

spacer.png

I think that by removing or remodelling too much on this road players might leave and search for another one. The fact it's not a 2 lane road is one of the things it makes it special. Yes Duisburg remodeling and the intersection near Brussels had to be done due to much traffic but I don't think removing the railroad crossing is nessesary. maybe make the time until the next train arrives a bit longer so more players can pass which will also help lowering traffic jams. The biggest rework that actually has to be done is the Calais intersection, because that's the last point where both driving directions cross each other between Ca and DU

On 1/6/2023 at 11:11 AM, _God_ said:

I think that by removing or remodelling too much on this road players might leave and search for another one. The fact it's not a 2 lane road is one of the things it makes it special. Yes Duisburg remodeling and the intersection near Brussels had to be done due to much traffic but I don't think removing the railroad crossing is nessesary. maybe make the time until the next train arrives a bit longer so more players can pass which will also help lowering traffic jams. The biggest rework that actually has to be done is the Calais intersection, because that's the last point where both driving directions cross each other between Ca and DU

Don't forget the other junction east of Calais South (actual name)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Its complete removal may adversely affect the atmosphere of this road, but it cannot be ignored that it causes a traffic jam. Alternative arrangements other than a complete removal should be considered. I also think that a rework should be done for petrol stations on C-D, which I think causes more traffic jams than railway crossing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 10 months later...