Less players in simulation 1 server.. ETS2

JigSaw07

Hello guys, Since yesterday i have been looking at the server status and experiencing less amount of players were present in the game compared to be. Back a week later there used  to be 3k plus players on weekends but nowadays max 2000 players are in the game. I don't know what's the reason. But i missed all players.

Love Jigsaw07.

Greetings fellow Driver o/

I noticed last week Saturday (roughly) that at one point there was 3500 Drivers online at around 4pm Eastern, United States. I think the player count is stable, but dependent upon real life circumstances and where aboots Ole' Spaceship earth happens to be travelling through the Cosmos; i.e. is it early morning in Europe? Is it during the week? Is the World Cup on? Variable nuances might effect player counts as well. The main part is are you having fun whilst piloting yer HGV with other Sim Enthusiasts?

Cheers mate o7
popeye_x27
Twisted Transport 
Comic Relief Team

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there trucker!

There are really alot of different things, that may be the reason for the server(s) to look more empty than usually.
You have to consider this:
- Timezone differences

- Audience at work/school

- Strict schedule

- Secondary interests beside TruckersMP

These are only a small amount of things, out of a million that would possible be a reason to why the servers are feeling a bit more dry than "yesterday" as an example.

For me personally i have been busy the last 2 weeks with work, and therefore i had no energy to enjoy my time on TruckersMP.

I guess that is not only in my case, but also many other players who are going through such ❤️

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friend! Thank you for creating such a good topic.

I think this is related to both the age of the drivers and the event calendar.

For a generation, this game was hugely popular. Especially 3-4 years ago, I know that more than 5 thousand people were hanging out on the servers. And especially the "young and kid" audience of that time may have grown up now and mind their own business. New audiences tend to play more different games.

If we take a look at the event calendar, when WoT events are announced, singleplayer drivers are also coming to TMP because event loads can start to get annoying, especially since it is a long process. Naturally, people want to see real people too. Since events usually have only one style trailer, these drivers can drive on the road, make friends and have a good time with people with the same trailer. I have such a theory as I have witnessed online player drop every time the events are over. Thank you.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

On 12/10/2022 at 8:24 AM, JigSaw07 said:

Hello guys, Since yesterday i have been looking at the server status and experiencing less amount of players were present in the game compared to be. Back a week later there used  to be 3k plus players on weekends but nowadays max 2000 players are in the game. I don't know what's the reason. But i missed all players.

Love Jigsaw07.

Hey @JigSaw07, there are a lot of reasons for the fluctuating player count. I can see that you are considering the weekends specifically when mentioning this. Looking at the date when you mentioned this (12/10/2022) it's hard to find an obvious answer. (Since most of Europe is still not on holidays)

To provide a more comprehensive response to your question, it may be helpful to consider the concept of peak hours. Based on my own observations and experiences, I have found that Simulation 1 tends to experience the highest levels of activity and engagement between the hours of 19:00 UTC and 21:30 UTC. This trend appears to hold true across weekends and weekdays, although it may be more pronounced on weekdays due to the fact that many individuals are adhering to stricter time schedules due to the demands of work or school. There are likely a number of other factors that contribute to this pattern of activity, but I believe that this information should provide a useful starting point for further analysis and discussion.

I've seen a few other players express concerns about the future of the game, with some suggesting that it may be "dying". While I can't say for certain what the future holds, I don't think there is any cause for alarm. In the past, Euro Truck Simulator 2 has consistently demonstrated a high level of player engagement and loyalty, with many returning to the game again and again. Given this, I believe it is more likely that what you observed was simply an anomaly, rather than a sign of any larger trend. Just today, I was playing at around 19:30 UTC and saw a steady player count of over 3000, which seems to support my theory.

I hope this gave you some insight and helped answer your question 🙂

573304307_beast(1).png.8814b9b78762488de1b7371ed811dae4.png

VTC-Lux-Transports-Group.png.a511970312751686159335f947ad3fee.png

So yeah.. server numbers are not as high as they have been. 

Since COVID (while everyone was at home) numbers have decreased.

Since then, people have gone back to work, had children, gone to university. SCS multiplayer has been released as well, many people prefer driving with just a few friends with no one else to cause trouble. 

Within the last few weeks, as others have said.. Christmas is over, the hype of getting a new PC is over.. people have gone back to work/school. 

Steam Sale is gone, SCS have already raised their prices over the last few months anyway... WOT event is finishing.. 

Lots of different factors. It will probably get busy again during the Easter Holidays, but definitely the Summer. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hello truckers. 

The days of seeing TMP servers full are over for several reasons. 

The launch of SCS multiplayer took away many players in my opinion those old school players who made their trips without spoiling others' game. 

Not being able to play with mods within TMP despite TMP trying to release new trailers and new liveries for the game for many is not enough to go back to TMP

• 3 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived