What impact do you think ets2's new Dedicated Servers Support will have on TMP? How should we deal with it?

Verano.

Hey there,

I think we should do something to deal with it.

What exactly do you have in mind when you say something ? What should TruckersMP do in your opinion with this new feature?

As far as I understood, you have the option to have dedicated servers now, but they are still limited to 8 players and from the comments on Steam I could see that many players are unsatisfied with the quality of the synced AI and/or have problems with different mods on those servers. It would be interesting to have AI traffic on our servers as well, but as far as I saw from an older news in May 2022, this feature is still planned and not forgotten.

Personally, I like this new feature even if I mostly play on TruckersMP and I think many players are happy about getting their own dedicated servers now.

The main reason why I still prefer playing on TMP instead of convoy servers is the possibility of joining convoys with 50+ people and the constant development plus good support/moderation of this mod.

4 hours ago, [Polestar]*010*Jeremy. said:

I think we should do something to deal with it. After all, it has more or less influence on truckersmp.

Not now, but could be in the future.

It is very promising and has so much potential.

They are also working on the new game engine, surely once the new engine is optimized, ready and prepared more for rendering many trucks with ai (obviously also based on technical limits), scs will expand the number of players per server, or even leave the choice to the players regarding the maximum players per server. But dedicated server is a big step forward with a tremendous potential. Current convoy is v1(based on the current engine, wich was not designed/developed for this purpose), so i would say an experiment, with the new engine we could see a v2 of it + dedicated servers. 

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

3 hours ago, Polyxena said:

嘿,

当你说某事时,你到底在想什么?您认为TruckersMP应该如何使用此新功能?

据我了解,您现在可以选择拥有专用服务器,但它们仍然仅限于 8 名玩家,从 Steam 上的评论中,我可以看到许多玩家对同步 AI 的质量不满意和/或在这些服务器上遇到不同模组的问题。在我们的服务器上也有 AI 流量也会很有趣,但据我从 2022 年 5 月的旧新闻中看到,此功能仍在计划中并且没有被遗忘。

就个人而言,我喜欢这个新功能,即使我主要在 TruckersMP 上玩,我认为许多玩家现在都很高兴拥有自己的专用服务器。

我仍然更喜欢在 TMP 而不是车队服务器上玩的主要原因是可以加入 50+ 人的车队,以及这个模组的不断发展和良好的支持/审核。

I think it is likely to be larger than 8 players in the future, which has great potential.

1 hour ago, ByZocker said:

我认为专用服务器只有在增加最大玩家数量的情况下才会对tmp有价值。与数千个插槽相比,8 似乎根本不够

It's possible.

Polestar Logistics drivers | Safely drive over 1,000,000 km

Languages: English, Chinese

I don't think it has an impact on TMP

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

8 hours ago, [Polestar]*010*Jeremy. said:

I think we should do something to deal with it. After all, it has more or less influence on truckersmp.

7 hours ago, Polyxena said:

Hey there,

What exactly do you have in mind when you say something ? What should TruckersMP do in your opinion with this new feature?

As far as I understood, you have the option to have dedicated servers now, but they are still limited to 8 players and from the comments on Steam I could see that many players are unsatisfied with the quality of the synced AI and/or have problems with different mods on those servers. It would be interesting to have AI traffic on our servers as well, but as far as I saw from an older news in May 2022, this feature is still planned and not forgotten.

Personally, I like this new feature even if I mostly play on TruckersMP and I think many players are happy about getting their own dedicated servers now.

The main reason why I still prefer playing on TMP instead of convoy servers is the possibility of joining convoys with 50+ people and the constant development plus good support/moderation of this mod.

Dedicated servers means that the player capacity will increase as soon as the service is stable. Your PC might not be able to host more than 8 players in a stable environment, but a high-end server can easily do so up to 64 players in a P2P architecture (And as we speak 128 player servers exist in beta environments in other games). And like you said, the main reason people play on TMP is the large convoys of 50+ trucks. In a few months that will be probably possible in a dedicated server with AI traffic.

TMP should host their own dedicated servers once the service becomes stable. It's free advertising for the MMO Servers -that many ETS2 players are not aware because multiplayer comes with the game nowadays and you don't have to go out of your way to look for solutions-. Also, they could even host servers for patreons only.

But if they don't bring something new to the game, i don't see how TMP can compete with convoy in its current state.

Archived