Winter Mod and Physics

siIxnt

It'd be nice to transform the landscape into a winter wonderland.

The past has shown however that the majority of players wasn't able or wasn't willing to adapt their driving behavior to the weather and road conditions, which resulted in an significant increase of accidents.

My advise:

cosmetic changes yes, physics better not.

There is little time to bring winter mode. I also want to drive around with my truck on snowy roads and have fun. But please take a precaution not to use physics mode in online mode. Because the snow physics work done in the game is a disgrace. And with so many troll players it will only make it worse.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:39 AM, blabberbeak said:

It'd be nice to transform the landscape into a winter wonderland.

The past has shown however that the majority of players wasn't able or wasn't willing to adapt their driving behavior to the weather and road conditions, which resulted in an significant increase of accidents.

My advise:

cosmetic changes yes, physics better not.

majority of players are little "hilderen" and they dont know how to drive in bad whaether 

9 minutes ago, g_1989 on twitch (BE/NL) said:

majority of players are little "hilderen" and they dont know how to drive in bad whaether 

I guess with "hilderen" you mean "children"... ? 🤔

Not all young players are bad drivers, and not all bad drivers are young. Therefore it's rather player's acting "childish".

This community has talented young players, and it wouldn't be fair to color everyone with the same brush.

Save driving requires knowledge, experience and skills. Not knowing is tolerable, because one can learn, improve and progress.
Intentionally ignoring on the other hand is "childish" and selfish, because it doesn't consider others.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marco-WhiteWolf said:

Das ist gar nicht gut. klar ist das cool für Personen die nur Unsinn machen wollen. und anderen Spielern Schaden wollen. beim Versuch zu rammen und extra Schnell zu fahren und dann ins Schleudern zu kommen. und andere Spieler da druch in Gefahr zu bringen. ich wäre dafür es draußen zu lassen. das man die Spieler Schütz die vernünftig fahren wollen und keinen Kinder. die meinen andere zu rammen weil es lustig ist das leute weg fliegen. Aber ne sowas habe ich schon lange nicht mehr gelesen. 

Aber es wäre langsam mal an derzeit. Das der Winter in TMP rein kommt. weil fast  überall  Schon Schnee fällt. Weil dachte immer es sollte halbwegs real gemacht werden.  also dazu würde ich auch das Wetter zählen  oder mindestens die Jahreszeit. es wäre acht mal  schön wenn  der Mod. ältlich Aviviert wird. und man  dann wieder eine Beschreibung hinzu fügt. wie man den richtig installiert. weil glaube es haben  viele den  Neuen TMP Launcher. Und ich weiß nicht wie es da aussieht mit dem  Installieren von so einem Mod. mit Lieben Grüßen    

I missed the the message of your post.

Do you support the idea of enabling the winter mod only on the arcade server, or not?  🤔

17 hours ago, Marco-WhiteWolf said:

PS ich würde mir jetzt  Äntlich mal Wünschen der der Winter Mod aktiviert wird. weil es jetzt mittlerweile fast überall Schneit. und es jetzt  eigtlich  realistisch wäre den Mod aktive zu schalten.  und was es mit dem Rutschen  angeht. Spieler die nicht fahren können  oder es  extra machen  mit dem Rutschen sind ja dann selber Schuld wenn  die dann dafür gebannt werden. weil ich es gibt Spieler die fahren  halbwegs nach StVo  und da Passiert nicht soviel. weil wenn es Rutschig ist das fahre ich automatisch langsamer. 

It's easy to ban players for reckless driving if they fail to adjust their driving behavior to the road and weather conditions and cause accidents.

The issue is that another player might have his gameplay ruined, and no ban can bring that back.

Imagine you are on your last kilometer of an uneventful 2,500+ kilometers long World Of Trucks job and a player who doesn't adapt to the icy road conditions causes a collision with your rig, damaging not only your truck and trailer but your precious cargo, which can't be restored by loading a quick save, because its syncronized with the WOT servers.

You file a report with solid evidence and the perpetrator is eventually banned. But your cargo stays damaged and the goal of your gameplay, namely to deliver cargo unharmed from A to B, stays ruined.

What I want to say with the above example is that punishment alone is easy to do but doesn't give room for improvement.

It's only effective if you can teach someone why he/she was punished, how he/she can improve his/ her behavior and, most importantly, if he/she understands and accepts that he/she has made a mistake.

Drivers need education, training and time to learn how to adjust their driving behavior to changing road conditions.

And the past has shown that some players aren't ready for winter physics yet.

Archived