Hot Topic #50: New Launcher!

James

Firstly congratulations on the new launcher, it seems to cover all bases whilst still being an organised & straightforward interface.

I would however like to bring the following to the attention of the developers.

After you click play, the game launches & you are taken to the server selection screen. Double=clicking your server then takes you to the SCS-developed launchpad. All well & good & as-designed so far. However, I would like to raise concern as to the fact the mouse cursor is at this point directly & automatically over the "Continue Game" button. It is all too easy to mis- or over-click & launch the currently-selected profile, without giving the user the chance to check the profile in the upper drop-down is the correct one; if a single-player profile was the last one used, the dropdown defaults to this. Accidentally launching a single-player profile will affect current progress within that profile & reset the truck/trailer/job, causing a significant upset to progress continuity. Is there some way this risk can be mitigated in a future update?

Thanks for reading.

Davina

This is a great launcher. Really nice to see what becomes of TMP so ❤️ 🥰

Mo1993  -  TruckersMP ❤️

Languages: English | German

If you have any questions or need any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Kind Regards,,

Mo1993

spacer.png

You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.

Rules  |  Get to know the team  |  Guides  |  Knowledge Base   |  Map showing dangerous places in MP  |  Feedback about staff  | Objection to the ban  |  Website Reports

TruckersMP Ranks  |  Recruitment  |  Join the team

I have a couple of issues with the new  launcher it says issue with launching game client initialization failed. but it launches the game properly. then when I log in and start driving it kicks me out for high ping. I'm wondering if that's why I'm getting kicked or it's just my computer. If you want my computer specs I will list them below.

AMD Ryzen 7 3700U with Radeon Vega mobile GFX 

8 GB of ram 

Otherwise it's a beautiful launcher 

Nevermind just reinstalled it 

1024px-Flag_of_Saskatchewan_svg.jpg.1afa3960395f3659752523552a2b7c85.jpg

For me it is not working because when I Browse the pad it wil not see the ETS2 and ATS.exe. also  the old  launcher is not working any more because off the new launcher.

When I brouwse it will see  ATS : G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\  it see not  amtrucks.exe   

for ETS2: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\    it see not eurotrucks2.exe

Because the not see the exe it will not work.

Also it see not the launcher.exe  from TMP 

So  my question is why when I use the Browse in the new Launcher why is it not see the amtrucks.exe and eurotrucks2.exe 

23 minutes ago, Madmex NL said:

For me it is not working because when I Browse the pad it wil not see the ETS2 and ATS.exe. also  the old  launcher is not working any more because off the new launcher.

When I brouwse it will see  ATS : G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\American Truck Simulator\bin\win_x64\  it see not  amtrucks.exe   

for ETS2: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Euro Truck Simulator 2\bin\win_x64\    it see not eurotrucks2.exe

Because the not see the exe it will not work.

Also it see not the launcher.exe  from TMP 

So  my question is why when I use the Browse in the new Launcher why is it not see the amtrucks.exe and eurotrucks2.exe 

Hey I had the same problem I did D:\steam\steamapps\common\American truck simulator  I left out the bin and win_x64 since I couldn't find it in there and it worked

1024px-Flag_of_Saskatchewan_svg.jpg.1afa3960395f3659752523552a2b7c85.jpg

• James locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic