Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

Hot Topic #50: New Launcher!

James

Have you ever wanted to see what servers are busiest before launching TruckersMP?

Nope.

Do you want to take a look at upcoming events without having to head to the event system?

Nope.

Or perhaps you want to make sure you do not miss any quick announcements from the website, check our official socials or the current versions of the games?

Nope, nope and nope.

I rather prefer a simple and straight to point launcher than a launcher overloaded with functions and information which are available elsewere.

(Source of above quotes: Introducing the New TruckersMP Launcher)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
  • True Story 2

20 minutes ago, El Peper said:

the new launcher looks fine, but since I install it, the game keeps on crashing around 20 minutes into the game, so decided to go back to the old launcher and now the game doesnt crash.... I think it needs an update to solve the crashing problems

Personally I don't have this problem (or hear this problem) so this comes from you. Then I let you open a support ticket on : https://truckersmp.com/support/tickets

ClemTruck

TruckersMP Veteran VI

English French |  Italian

Hello,

I quite like the renewed login screen. The server density screen, which we can access, the panels where we can access the forum and more, and the topics related to the latest agendas caught my attention. Years later, I can say that I like this system, which looks beautiful and technological.

However, I think that it is necessary to focus on the serious optimization problems that have been going on for the last year, and to consider such updates more. Incredible crashes and freezes that occur when the brake is pressed started to increase and to lose the pleasure of the game. I will be looking forward to the work.

Thanks for the update.

Kind Regards
Black Alcoa
TruckersMP Veteran Driver II

• Like 9
  • HaulieLove 1
  • HaulieThumbsUp 1

Bonjour, quelqu'un peut-il m'aider s'il vous plaît, Depuis la sortie du nouveau lanceur, je ne peux toujours pas jouer, le problème est que le bouton de lecture est toujours grisé, mais la vérification de la mise est terminé Merci

image.thumb.png.cbc9db02a54c7b20168d4235bce02ccb.png

the new launcher looks good

but personlly i dont really see the point why we have to selecect the game now bevore pressing play. There are only 2 games you use 2 buttons not to start a game then you could just stayed with a launch ats and launch ets2 button as well witch makes its easyer to switch games

and i think in the new launcher its a little bit less obvieus that there is a new download (but maybe need to get used to that (or just let it autodownload the update )

but overal i like the view of the new launcher

12 hours ago, Nirizo06 said:

Bonjour, quelqu'un peut-il m'aider s'il vous plaît, Depuis la sortie du nouveau lanceur, je ne peux toujours pas jouer, le problème est que le bouton de lecture est toujours grisé, mais la vérification de la mise est terminé Merci

image.thumb.png.cbc9db02a54c7b20168d4235bce02ccb.png

Veuillez installer tous les dossiers correctement et vérifier à nouveau le fichier

10.jpg

• Haha 1

I remember seeing a tweet back in December 2021 asking players what they think a good launcher has, and it's great to finally see the release of the new TruckersMP launcher! 😄

Although the previous launcher worked well, it certainly felt outdated, and was very much overdue a rework. The new launcher not only looks clean, but also comes with many new features such as News, Events, Server Status and a Light/Dark mode setting.

It's great to see that the TruckersMP team have once again listened to the feedback from the community, and provided what many have asked for in the recent months. I know that community feedback is always taken onboard by the TruckersMP team, and it's updates like this that really show that.

However, if I had to make one suggestion for improvement, it would be a slight change to the colour theme on Dark Mode. Although the current background colour is nice, I personally think a Black or Dark Grey would better suit the overall TruckersMP colours.

That being said, potentially changing the Red to a Green would also better match the website, however, once again, this is only a minor suggestion, and something that can easily be changed at a later date when more important changes have been made.

Overall, the new launcher feels fresh and provides me with all the necessary information that I may need before opening ETS2 or ATS.

Looking forward to what's next.. 👀

spacer.png