Hot Topic #50: New Launcher!

James

4 hours ago, Toth. said:

Tôi cũng gặp vấn đề tương tự, mỗi lần tôi nhấp vào nó sẽ báo lỗi và mỗi lần tôi mở phần mềm sẽ có một bản cập nhật mới không xác định và nó sẽ tiếp tục cập nhật trong một thời gian dài và tốc độ rất chậm,Mặc dù tôi Tôi rất mong được sử dụng phần mềm này, nhưng hiện tại nó không mang lại cho tôi trải nghiệm chơi game tốt, điều này khiến tôi rất buồn 😔

image.png.b1f6021b5f31e94c4c5c503494b21f72.png

Như đã nói, mỗi khi vào sẽ có một bản cài đặt, thậm chí còn báo lỗi. Tôi không biết làm thế nào tôi có thể giải quyết nó. Là đường dẫn cài đặt của tôi sai?

verify the system file "ERROR" just click it will automatically verify the file

miếng đệm.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• DevOps
10 hours ago, AustinN360Simulation TTV said:

Doesn't work if the saved files are in different location. Homedir is correct. Have tried Just F:/SCSSAVES and F:\SCSSaves\Euro Truck Simulator 2 and F:\SCSSaves\American Truck Simulator respectively But keep getting error message saying it can't find Promods. Yet the old Launcher doesn't have any issues finding my save folder.

image.thumb.png.9ffbbc7103e2ae7a829f865ca8e32fef.png

Add quotes around the paths:

-homedir "F:\SCSSaves\Euro Truck Simulator 2"

• Awesome! 1

7E101F654E54E71C593E6D33440659C42C52854E077EB0271EBF55AC165087AD3403ED880E173A6CA34CB6E529D64E40

When I was installing the new launcher, it did ask me whenever I wanted to create new desktop shortcut, or not. You might have selected "No" in the respective question box. The installer has added Start Menu link without any issues.  @CJMAXiK 

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

• DevOps
6 minutes ago, CJMAXiK said:

Congratulations on the release! It finally happened 🙂

For some reason, the new launcher installer did not create any Desktop/Start Menu links, also leaving the old one intact. So I have to find a new one in AppData/Local.

There should be a Squirrel-Shortcut.log file in that same folder; that should shed some light on that failure.

• Like 1

7E101F654E54E71C593E6D33440659C42C52854E077EB0271EBF55AC165087AD3403ED880E173A6CA34CB6E529D64E40

6 minutes ago, ^3v. said:

There should be a Squirrel-Shortcut.log file in that same folder; that should shed some light on that failure.

It is nowhere to be found, unfortunately.

Okay, I found the issue.

When the installer executes, it looks like this:

Spoiler

image.png.68ef2abe3e79eee3c109b7a1ae38fd6e.png

There is a Shortcut modal message below the splash screen. It turns out that the modal message does not stop the launcher from loading, leaving no time to interact with the modal. So, the modal is closing automatically whenever you interact with it or not.

• DevOps
2 minutes ago, CJMAXiK said:

It is nowhere to be found, unfortunately.

The installer should be executing the update exe with parameters to create them, but that doesn't seem to have happened or succeeded for some reason.

2 hours ago, Toth. said:

Thank you very much for telling me this method, I tried it and found it works, but when I uninstalled the old plugin it became a problem again

Please Uninstall All Old Launchers
1. Click Start -> Run (or WIN+R)
2. Type regedit and hit enter
3. Follow the path HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\TruckersMP
4. Remove TruckersMP
And you reload New Launcher as administrator

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

After more than ten minutes of use, the other modules are very, very good, but I found the new launcher for Chinese players very unfriendly problem: no Chinese

On the other hand, the new layout is obviously not as convenient as the old one(left:ATS  right:ETS2) when it comes to choosing which game to enter

$%JZM$(0L0$NPK@`@12PF1U.png

I have 2 Questions 3ventic,

Could you add "Current Game Time" option to Server Status section please? (If it possible please 24 hours time format)

https://stats.truckersmp.com/ 

And the second thing is, -novid is not working anymore for new Launcher, the old one was working perfectly ("C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe" -nointro)

Thanks.

I've been trying out the new transmitter for a while. First of all, the new window is really eye-catching, and you can learn more about TMP news information intuitively. Secondly, the function of the new window has changed a lot compared with the original one. In this change, we can better understand the current activities, the load of the server, and the update of the new version. Finally, some suggestions are put forward: First, regarding the path selection, I believe this has troubled many players. Secondly, when the TMP directory is newly created, the update and coverage can't be recognized in time, which leads to the existence of two versions of the initiator in the system, although this does not affect the use. Thirdly, more languages should be opened for the language selection of startup programs. I believe this will bring more players to TMP, as well as some new suggestions beneficial to the development of TMP. That’s my opinion. Please forgive me if I have offended you. 😗

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2022 at 12:43 PM, James said:

Hello!

The time has finally arrived. TruckersMP now has a brand new launcher before you load into game!

What do you think about this new launcher? Let us know below!

Please ensure all replies aren’t just “looks good” etc. Please be specific and respect forum rules.

Happy Trucking!

To be honest? I rather an launcher following the "KISS" principle, the older one was great. The new one is really beautiful and helpful, but a clean and objective one to open and load the game would be better.

Every game launcher with a lot of info makes me feel im being forced to see some things i dont want. I usually see the online players before login, the news once a month and rarely the events.

If i can leave a suggestion, please enable an option to play from console (ie.: truckersmp.exe -play), if is not possible for now.

• Upvote 1