What do you think should be the right speed limit to use in the game?

ROMANISTA [ITA]

^^^ The 130 limit signs in the game are meant for cars, not trucks. There's no country in Europe where trucks can drive legally at 130 Km/h (the highest limit for trucks, IIRC, is 110 Km/h and only in Romania). And "a truck will happily cruise at 80 mph safely" is simply not true. All trucks I've driven in ETS2 (and that means ALL available trucks) cruise "happily" at 80-90 Km/h, where the engine works best, any faster than that, you are forcing the engine above its "comfort zone". But this is irrelevant, in the end, because when it comes to speed it's not just the truck, it's also the player driving that truck, and seeing how so many people drive at 110 Km/h and can't even stay within their lane, I wouldn't want to see them at 130 Km/h...

As long as the simulation server doesn't provide fixed preset stability and brake intensity settings, a discussion about the "right" speed limit is a waste of time.

Naturally, a player with the above settings set to 100 percent won't understand the safety concerns a player with the settings set to 10 percent has.

The former will regard "cruising" at 80mph (~130 km/h) as safe, because his made settings allow him to take corners at high speed without flipping over and to stop his rig on a dime.

The latter however has to drive carefully and with foresight due to the longer stopping distance and the higher probability of flipping over.

Both settings are legit, but both players have very different styles of gameplay which can lead to lack of understanding of the other.

Tbh i don't really care what the server speed limit is per se because i drive my simulation style anyway. Ideally with my playing style i would like the game speed being the same as the actual speed limit of the specific road 😉 But i know thats not realistic and still wouldn't help against the egodriven who only care about themselfes, they would still manage head on crashes overtaking into traffic on two lane roads.

What i would like to see is that people respect other drivers reagrdless if they drive according to the speed limits or not. But since that is not working on the busy routes i stick to the less used ones.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive sub-forum.
We apply these procedures in order to keep the forum organized.

If you have any questions, please feel free to DM me. 

Kindest regards,

DatSpeed

TruckersMP Game Moderator + Community Moderator

// Locked Moved to Archive

LanguagesTR / EN

-> Rules | Feedback | Report System | Ban Appeal <-

image.png

Archived