What road etiquette do you use on the roads of ETS?

'Carter

Examples:
-Flashing of high beams to let others know theirs are on.
-Hazards to say thank you.
-Flash to let drivers in.
Etc..

Let me know what others use. I use all the ones above.❤️
Mods let me know if this topic has already been created, thanks 🙂 

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

I use, some times, the "light horn" to greet other players with a short flash, no extra lights other than the ones in the Ranger sun visor, to make it more noticeable for them.

I don't use hazards to thank others, because following the speed limits, overtaking is a rarity.

I move to the left lane, whenever possible, if I see other players who are entering the highway, so they don't need to slow down and can merge safely.

In a similar way to the previous point, I'll stick to the right of my lane, as far as possible (even using part of the emergency lane if available), when I'm being overtaken.

And I don't know if it can be considered as "etiquette", but most times, I won't drive through others in NCZ, when I'm picking or delivering a cargo. I even try to avoid other trucks in repair stations or home garages.

- Greet players or drivers from VTCs wich I know, with the flashlight
- Use the fanfare only when some nice ppl are cutting me off, to let them know that this was really close

- using "rotating" indicators (left, right, left, right) to say thank you to the driver behind me
- Using double flash to let the driver in before me
- If someone is overtaking i give a little more space by driving a bit on the hard shoulder
- Moving to the left lane (or right when in uk) when a player merges on a highway.
- Using Indicators if someone parks on the roadside (half street, half dirt) to overtake them, even when i got enough space on my lane.

Well that should be all 😉

spacer.png

I will not choose any of your sentences.
I also never honking as loudly as you comment below.
When they flash their headlights at you just once, they're greeting you.
When they flash their headlights multiple times at you, they're warning you there's a policeman ahead of you or your headlights are on.

I usually use horns or flash lights. Sometimes I use Have fun or have a good day. I hope they have a good time.

亲切问候

倩霞

Useful Links:

TMP举报|TMP规则|TMP知识库|TMP反馈系统|TMP支持系统

社会的:

卡车司机MP|卡车司机MP论坛|蒸汽|VTC

垫片.png

On 11/10/2022 at 3:14 AM, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

I use, some times, the "light horn" to greet other players with a short flash, no extra lights other than the ones in the Ranger sun visor, to make it more noticeable for them.

I don't use hazards to thank others, because following the speed limits, overtaking is a rarity.

I move to the left lane, whenever possible, if I see other players who are entering the highway, so they don't need to slow down and can merge safely.

In a similar way to the previous point, I'll stick to the right of my lane, as far as possible (even using part of the emergency lane if available), when I'm being overtaken.

And I don't know if it can be considered as "etiquette", but most times, I won't drive through others in NCZ, when I'm picking or delivering a cargo. I even try to avoid other trucks in repair stations or home garages.

I try to not to drive through others as well. I'd consider it.

On 11/10/2022 at 6:44 AM, [MCG] Corazon [VN] said:

I will not choose any of your sentences.
I also never honking as loudly as you comment below.
When they flash their headlights at you just once, they're greeting you.
When they flash their headlights multiple times at you, they're warning you there's a policeman ahead of you or your headlights are on.

ok...?

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

1. I give a flash when it is safe for an overtaking traffic user to merge back in front of me on the right lane.

2. In the rare and unlikely case of me overtaking another traffic user (because I follow realistic and safe driving behaviors), I'd give a one-left-then-one-right signal indicator after merging back to say "thank you" for letting me overtake.

3. I prefer to drive defensive than offensive and often refrain to insist on my rights, for the sake of my truck, trailer and cargo.

4. I always turn my lights on, day and night, so other players can see me better.

5. I always use my signal indicators to let other traffic users know the direction I intend to turn to.

6. During parking maneuvers (e.g. backing), I always put my hazard lights on, to warn other traffic users.

7. Like @FernandoCR [ESP], I try to avoid driving through other vehicles in NCZ and wait my for my turn.

For the lights:

• Flashing quickly and multiple times when there is a danger (someone coming in the wrong lane, or someone merging or crossing just when I'm arriving)
  • Flashing quickly twice to say hi to another driver in the other direction (especially at night)
  • Flashing for longer and twice to let the person overtaking me know that he/she can merge back on the right lane safely

For the indicator:

• I flash the warnings twice to thank someone (when they let me pass, give the way even if they didn't have to or very rarely when I overtake and they flashed to let me know I could merge safely)
  • I trigger ON the warnings when I arrive at a road block (i.e. queue, crash, someone blocking) and want to warn people behind). Then I stop it once the person behind me is at the same speed as me.
  • I might use the indicator if I'm on a small road to let someone pass if they are pushy behind me. I would indicate as if I was going to stop on the side of the road to let them know they can pass me.

For the horn (I usually use the big air horn if I have it equipped):

• I trigger it twice quickly to say hi to another driver in the other direction
  • I trigger it non-stop when there is a danger (someone coming in the wrong lane, or someone merging or crossing just when I'm arriving)
  • I trigger it quickly once when someone is stopped (at a traffic light or a stop for example) but doesn't move even if he/she can.
  • I trigger it 3 times quickly when someone is blocking. And sometimes the 3rd one is longer 😆

Finally I only use my beacon when transporting oversized/heavy cargos

Lights

• Brights are only flashed, a few times, when i'm letting someone in.
  • I drive with my brights on because the darkness is like a thick fog. Can't see anything ahead.
  • I won't let others know when their brights are on, as oncoming brights do nothing. When they are behind, that's a different story.

Indicators

• Only when someone is around will i signal my intentions. When it's just me, no point.
  • Hazards are only used when i'm last for a jam/accident. When traffic gets behind me, i turn them off. Regardless, if traffic is flowing. If i'm last and traffic gets going, then i will turn them off.
  • I will only use hazards when parked on a shoulder.

Horns

• I mainly use the Airhorn during a traffic offense. Blocking, Wrong Way, Oncoming, Bad Merge, Reversing into me.
  • I will only ever use the crappy default horn when an oncoming player does a 2 honk. Single honks i disregard.

Traffic Signals

• No point waiting at a red when other roads have blockers on them. Traffic will never come from those ways.
  • I will stop at a red in populated areas and areas where another player is coming.
  • I will stop a bit further back then the limit line. Makes no sense why the signals are directly on the line and is impossible to see. And no, i'm not switching cameras to watch the light.

Speed Limits

• I will always go 110. Slower vehicles can move over.
  • I will slow down as best as i can for sharp turns or roads i have to turn onto.

Simulation

• My Parking Difficulty is set to Random. That way, you don't know if you're getting Skilled or Safe until you arrive. Having to use the icon to auto complete should be disabled.
  • Traffic Offenses are disabled. As well as Fatigue.
  • Random Road Events & Detours are disabled. They only show as client side and not synced to the server.
  • I have Rain disabled. That needs an overhaul before i'll consider it. Makes zero sense why lightning always strikes behind the camera, but the flash can be seen. There's even a fadeout background showing the strike behind the vehicle.

NCZ

• I will judge if it's safe for me to go or not. I may also inch forward and be inside somebody (, let them stop flashing me, and proceed behind them (....my wording is so out of context XD.)
  • If i see somebody spawning in, i will chance it. Should be a good 5-10 seconds. Otherwise, i'll wait while they sort themselves.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I typically use my hazards or beacon to say thank you, I would also flash my headlights to let someone out or move lane but it doesnt happen all that often. I dont really honk the horn as I drive past people but if someone does it to me then I will say hello back. If there is an incident ahead of me then I will always put my hazards on ahead of time to warn anyone behind me and try not to brake/stop suddenly 

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived