Make our Discord less formal and more welcoming?

Da Jay

Lets make TMP discord a friendlier and less formal platform for all our community. Special nametag colours for game moderators, report moderators, Event team, Translators, Pro Mods staff, Retired Legends/team members can both alienate staff from regular members and confuse members. By reducing the number of coloured nametags,makes identifying who are the actual moderation team will be much simpler. Members often mistakenly believe that game moderators have "admin" powers on discord, or that if they upset that gm, they can "tell" a discord moderator to ban them etc. Unfortunately some retired staff have on occasion behaved as if they are discord moderators. The work and effort of these ex/current staff will of course be recognised. Their staff position would remain on their profile. This will not be popular with many of those who will be affected, but I ask you this, "If having a special name colour is that important to a person, are they on the team for the right reasons?"

I just wanted to poll as many community members as possible, and have posted similar suggestions in the Discord Suggestions channel. Look forward to all your opinions and input!

Well, I've never felt "alienated" in TruckersMP's Discord because of coloured nametags of team members. I've never felt scared that a team member would take actions against me. If I had done something against the server's rules, even a guest member of the server could use ModMail to report me, same as I use it now and then to report rule breakers. People who join the server are supposed to have read and agreed to its rules, if they behave, they should never be worried about who's moderator or not. About retired staff doing backseat moderation, I've seen even guest members doing it too. It's not allowed, so no matter if it's done by a retired staff, a guest, a patron, etc. it can be reported using ModMail and the "real" moderators will take action. Removing a "tag" or the name colour would change nothing in this regard, IMO. 

This being said and always from my own POV, I don't see how removing colours and leaving nametags plain (except those of moderators) would improve anything. Seeing that there's staff in the channel, no matter what their role is, can be a deterrent for trolls and should be irrelevant for all other users, who may even be grateful to see that all kinds of staff members take the time to interact with the "regular folks" in the server.

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived