what would you change about the "calais-duisburg" road?

ROMANISTA [ITA]

What i think will improve a lot the traffic flow:

1) Rework/improve the 2 fuel station on that road (moving away/increasing size)

2) Move the repair station of calais away from that intersection and traffic lights, maybe near the hotel or switch them...

The rest it's fine and i don't see bottlenecks, and i drive mainly on that road everytime i can; i noticed that those 2 things cause often bottlenecks if not moderated quickly,

Ofc that would not be need it if all the players use common sense and follow road rules, but on that road, we see and saw, that it's not the case, so hoping for that it's not considered 😂

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I'd reset the complete Calais-Duisburg area back to its vanilla map state.

Then I'd refuse all future reports of incidents that happened in this area. All players drive there at their own risk and responsibility, no game moderation in that area anymore.

After that, I'd concentrate on improving the multiplayer with important features.

19 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I'd reset the complete Calais-Duisburg area back to its vanilla map state.

Then I'd refuse all future reports of incidents that happened in this area. All players drive there at their own risk and responsibility, no game moderation in that area anymore.

After that, I'd concentrate on improving the multiplayer with important features.

This is a terrible idea.

You're basically creating a problem by trying to solve a problem, result? an equal or worse problem, that equals to a wasted time and recources used till now. It's currently wiser trying to improve the flow of an unsolvable situation with modifications, rather than create a potentially worse problem that could impact the quality of TMP itself. C-D without being able to report, would create an unimaginable mess; plus removing the modifications to improve the flow, would make it even worse. It feels more like an attempt to sabotage tmp and that road rather than fixing anything. In the best scenario possible, people will choose another "c-d road", result? making this changes to every next road people will switch and choose to drive? At this point better make all TMP a no report zone and good luck to everybody. 🤣

Players already drive there at their own risk and everybody knows that road, why make it even worse? The majority of players drives good and they drive there to meet a lot of players, have interactions, enjoy the massive traffic, having a different experience that not even single player/convoy mode can give with ai, it's just the minority that create problems.

As multiplayers important features, modifications to the map are included, that's a ton of work and testing, plus time to keep it maintained, it's not like you put a new modification and you done forever. Any map modifications must be updated as long with the updates of the game.

Whether we like it or not, c-d it's an important part of tmp, among other things many players have joined TMP just thanks to that road that has done a lot of publicity, questionable, but that's how it is; in addition, it keeps many players playing in TMP. To confirm to this, we just need to go and see how many people indicates c-d as the preferred route in the entire game. 😉

20 minutes ago, _rs_italy_ said:

This is a terrible idea.

You're basically creating a problem by trying to solve a problem, result? an equal or worse problem, that equals to a wasted time and recources used till now. It's currently wiser trying to improve the flow of an unsolvable situation with modifications, rather than create a potentially worse problem that could impact the quality of TMP itself. C-D without being able to report, would create an unimaginable mess; plus removing the modifications to improve the flow, would make it even worse. It feels more like an attempt to sabotage tmp and that road rather than fixing anything. In the best scenario possible, people will choose another "c-d road", result? making this changes to every next road people will switch and choose to drive? At this point better make all TMP a no report zone and good luck to everybody. 🤣

Players already drive there at their own risk and everybody knows that road, why make it even worse? The majority of players drives good and they drive there to meet a lot of players, have interactions, enjoy the massive traffic, having a different experience that not even single player/convoy mode can give with ai, it's just the minority that create problems.

As multiplayers important features, modifications to the map are included, that's a ton of work and testing, plus time to keep it maintained, it's not like you put a new modification and you done forever. Any map modifications must be updated as long with the updates of the game.

Whether we like it or not, c-d it's an important part of tmp, among other things many players have joined TMP just thanks to that road that has done a lot of publicity, questionable, but that's how it is; in addition, it keeps many players playing in TMP. To confirm to this, we just need to go and see how many people indicates c-d as the preferred route in the entire game. 😉

Your post made me smile. Cheers! 🙂

I don't create a problem that wasn't already there. I'd change a situation to its basic state, as past reworks created a fantasy world which raised new issues, e.g. for players delivering World Of Truck jobs.

Naturally, the TruckersMP team can and likely will continue to waste more of their limited time available and rework the Calais-Duisburg area to please the majority of their (recklessly driving) player base. I just wish they would realize better now than later that when they have achieved what the raging kids loudly demand and eventually everything runs smoothly, the same crowd will leave, find another place and start over again.

It's a sad sight that TruckersMP is promoted rather by the mess on a singe road (Idiots On The Road) than by innovative features.

The above is my opinion. You're welcome to disagree.

2 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Your post made me smile. Cheers! 🙂

I don't create a problem that wasn't already there. I'd change a situation to its basic state, as past reworks created a fantasy world which raised new issues, e.g. for players delivering World Of Truck jobs.

Naturally, the TruckersMP team can and likely will continue to waste more of their limited time available and rework the Calais-Duisburg area to please the majority of their (recklessly driving) player base. I just wish they would realize better now than later that when they have achieved what the raging kids loudly demand and eventually everything runs smoothly, the same crowd will leave, find another place and start over again.

It's a sad sight that TruckersMP is promoted rather by the mess on a singe road (Idiots On The Road) than by innovative features.

The above is my opinion. You're welcome to disagree.

From every modifications they made on that road, which one created more issues compared to what was before? I would like to know because i'm unaware of them, if there is none it's just hating,

If we compare how it was in the past to how it is today, i think you agree aswell that it's another story in the traffic flow, i still remember the old duisburg when it was fully collision and the old intersection, night and day change, so i don't think it's wasted time, using time to improve probably the most popular thing in TMP since years, will be never wasted, you can't ignore it 😅 

TMP it's a modification after all, so if the "fantasy world" helps things to flow smoother, why not? if the issue it's just wot jobs, also in promods you have issues with wot except vanilla places, but the difference with vanilla map it's that you have issues just with duisburg, wich is a place mainly avoided by "simulation" players, that are the ones that do mostly the wot jobs,

Things always gets promoted if they gets popular, don't matter if they are good or bad, that's how it works 😅 

Oh dear...🙄

11 minutes ago, _rs_italy_ said:

MP it's a modification after all, so if the "fantasy world" helps things to flow smoother, why not? if the issue it's just wot jobs, also in promods you have issues with wot except vanilla places, but the difference it's that you have issues just with duisburg, wich is a place mainly avoided by "simulation" players,

Comparing a situation with an issue to another situation with an issue doesn't get us anywhere, because it doesn't solve anything.

Or do you benefit from knowing that prices of groceries have increased also in other countries? 🤔

"Just WOT jobs" players and "simulation players" might be a niche product of TruckersMP, but it's ignorant to treat them as collateral damage for the "greater good". They are also a part of the community and deserve to be considered the same way as any other player. Unless the "Road To Simulation" was just a desperate attempt to keep them in game...

26 minutes ago, _rs_italy_ said:

TMP it's a modification after all, so if the "fantasy world" helps things to flow smoother, why not?

TruckersMP has my blessing to do whatever they feel like with their mod. If they believe that the solution to the mess is to rework the infrastructure and map, then by all means, go for it.
But I won't be part of it. I'm interested in a simulation experience as realistic as possible, and not a fantasy patchwork map inhabited by recklessly driving players.

35 minutes ago, _rs_italy_ said:

Things always gets promoted if they gets popular, don't matter if they are good or bad, that's how it works 😅 

As I wrote before: it's sad that they can't score with something more interesting than "flying trucks".

4 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Oh dear...🙄

Comparing a situation with an issue to another situation with an issue doesn't get us anywhere, because it doesn't solve anything.

Or do you benefit from knowing that prices of groceries have increased also in other countries? 🤔

"Just WOT jobs" players and "simulation players" might be a niche product of TruckersMP, but it's ignorant to treat them as collateral damage for the "greater good". They are also a part of the community and deserve to be considered the same way as any other player. Unless the "Road To Simulation" was just a desperate attempt to keep them in game...

TruckersMP has my blessing to do whatever they feel like with their mod. If they believe that the solution to the mess is to rework the infrastructure and map, then by all means, go for it.
But I won't be part of it. I'm interested in a simulation experience as realistic as possible, and not a fantasy patchwork map inhabited by recklessly driving players.

As I wrote before: it's sad that they can't score with something more interesting than "flying trucks".

"Or do you benefit from knowing that prices of groceries have increased also in other countries?" - ofc, it's important for my businness and where i work, i don't know what is the intent of this question. But this need some knowledge and experience in the market and businnes management. Too complex and long to explain to you in a forum. 😉

Maybe one day i will get a reason for this statement: "reworks created a fantasy world which raised new issues", the "issues" mentioned it's just not being to use wot in duisburg, that's all the "issues" compared to the benefits on the traffic flow 😂

"Comparing a situation with an issue to another situation with an issue doesn't get us anywhere, because it doesn't solve anything." - again, what new issues created the new reworks a part from using wot in duisburg? you can't notice the difference if you never drive there, thus you can't know the hypothetical "new issues", the traffic flow improved a lot, and yes you can compare both of the situations, but only if you have experience on it, if not it's just speculation or hating; also solving does not equal to improving, everybody know that the popular places are impossible to fix and to make them perfect, that's the MMO for you 😉

"They are also a part of the community and deserve to be considered the same way as any other player" - i think so, but the benefits clearly outweigh the cons, the only difference for wot players it's one city less over the all map, i don't think they will quit TMP just because the can't deliver in duisburg 😅 they can do it still in single player or convoy mode if they really can't resist to deliver or take jobs from/to duisburg, wich is funny just to say this 🤣 

You can't base your decisions on the minority, real life should teach you that, there are always trade-offs, in this case it's pretty fair.

15 hours ago, _rs_italy_ said:

"Or do you benefit from knowing that prices of groceries have increased also in other countries?" - ofc, it's important for my businness and where i work, i don't know what is the intent of this question. But this need some knowledge and experience in the market and businnes management. Too complex and long to explain to you in a forum. 😉

Don't bother. The comparison wasn't related to you, your business or or skills. I believe you are an experienced and eager worker with the best intentions in mind.

It was related to your comparison of Promods with TruckersMP reworks, which both have issues because they both differ from the base map. But this comparison is kinda redundant.

16 hours ago, _rs_italy_ said:

Maybe one day i will get a reason for this statement: "reworks created a fantasy world which raised new issues", the "issues" mentioned it's just not being to use wot in duisburg, that's all the "issues" compared to the benefits on the traffic flow 

Maybe, who knows?

"Comparing a situation with an issue to another situation with an issue doesn't get us anywhere, because it doesn't solve anything." - again, what new issues created the new reworks a part from using wot in duisburg? you can't notice the difference if you never drive there, thus you can't know the hypothetical "new issues", the traffic flow improved a lot, and yes you can compare both of the situations, but only if you have experience on it, if not it's just speculation or hating; also solving does not equal to improving, everybody know that the popular places are impossible to fix and to make them perfect, that's the MMO for you 😉

I agree, I can't know the future results caused by reworks done today. TruckersMP speculated on that their reworks would improve the situation, but they didn't know for sure neither.

The same way you just claimed that popular places are impossible to fix and that you'd know what my idea of an MMO is. Both you can't know. So according to you, you're either speculating or hating, right?😉 Just kidding.

But I'm happy for you that you can enjoy the "improved traffic flow". 🙂

"They are also a part of the community and deserve to be considered the same way as any other player" - i think so, but the benefits clearly outweigh the cons, the only difference for wot players it's one city less over the all map, i don't think they will quit TMP just because the can't deliver in duisburg 😅 they can do it still in single player or convoy mode if they really can't resist to deliver or take jobs from/to duisburg, wich is funny just to say this 🤣 

I agree that the minority has the disadvantage and has to bow to the majority. However I find it inappropriate that you mock the minority.

It's not a matter of if they can't resist to deliver or take jobs in that area. This possibility was partly taken away from them in TruckersMP.

But necessity is the mother of invention. They adapt, find other ways and places to be and to enjoy.

I believe we can both agree on that the purpose of multiplayer however is not to play singleplayer.

17 hours ago, _rs_italy_ said:

You can't base your decisions on the minority, real life should teach you that, there are always trade-offs, in this case it's pretty fair.

I don't, and neither does the TruckersMP team. And that's logic.

The trade-off is always "pretty fair" for the party which is less affected by the disadvantages.

My apologies to you and others that this conversation got off-topic.

Don't get me wrong if I won't continue to highjack this thread  and won't answer, even though I'd like to read your response. 🙂

12 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

The same way you just claimed that popular places are impossible to fix and that you'd know what my idea of an MMO is. Both you can't know. So according to you, you're either speculating or hating, right?😉 Just kidding.

No, speculating or hating was related to not given evidence when stating that this new reworks created more issues rather than improving anything; if there was some evidence of major issues created by this new changes a part from duisburg wot job wich is not a major issue, i wouldn't claim that, simple, i would have no reasons to do so,

I agree that the minority has the disadvantage and has to bow to the majority. However I find it inappropriate that you mock the minority.

Yeah, but that happend after you mocked c-d player base wich i am part of, and i find inappropriate because i don't recognise myself in this description: "TruckersMP team can and likely will continue to waste more of their limited time available and rework the Calais-Duisburg area to please the majority of their (recklessly driving) player base. I just wish they would realize better now than later that when they have achieved what the raging kids loudly demand and eventually everything runs smoothly", but yeah, the purpose of multiplayer however is not to play singleplayer,

The trade-off is always "pretty fair" for the party which is less affected by the disadvantages.

For sure, but from what you stated: "the minority has the disadvantage and has to bow to the majority", the minority that are the wot players had a little to none disadvantages, a part from the just and only 1 city excluded over the all map and cities avaiable, to make the flow of the majority, flow smoother

• Community Manager

I want to remind everyone here that this is a simple topic about what you would change about the Calais-Duisburg road. There's no need to get hostile here, it's all supposed to be friendly. 🙂 

1646005585_role_CommunityManager(1).png.          

Appeal your ban - Report a player - Create a feedback ticket

Archived