Is this guy hacking?

zutru

I recently witnessed the scene as seen in the following clip: https://imgur.com/a/XQKWuaO

The guy was just driving through everyone. This happend on ETS2-Sim1, so collisions are enabled.

Someone told me it was due to desync, but I have seen multiple similar situations where the player got banned for hacking.

So, my question now is whether this guy was actually hacking, or is there something else going on?

I agree with Dominik above. Not enough evidence to call it hacking. Had the user been driving on both sides of the road to get everyone then i might be inclined to call it hacking. The person is even half way through some of the people before that truck reacts to that person driving through. High chance this is desync and the people that person is driving through has not loaded in and so the person driving through them cant actually see them.

• 3 weeks later...

No cheats are used in ETS2 + TMP, only speed hacks can be used.

When the truck pressure is low and of course your car is blocked in the middle of the road and your car will not be able to move and will be called Blocking
This is just Ghost Mode when he just reloaded the game when his truck had low Pneumatic

2 hours ago, [MCG] Corazon [VN] said:

No cheats are used in ETS2 + TMP, only speed hacks can be used.

When the truck pressure is low and of course your car is blocked in the middle of the road and your car will not be able to move and will be called Blocking
This is just Ghost Mode when he just reloaded the game when his truck had low Pneumatic

That makes no sense at all. For starters, there are other hacks like the NCZ one, that allows a player to drive through others as if the player were non-collision, but the others aren't so their trucks are heavily damaged. More or less, what can be seen in the video. Besides, ghost mode has nothing to do with truck pressure and if someone drives through others while in Ghost mode, no matter the reasons, it's called "feature abusing" and it's considered the same as hacking.

28 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

Desync or not, he likely has received a flood of "rec ban" messages in chat, which should have given him an idea about something being wrong.

Believe it or not, many people don't read or pay any attention to the chat messages. My guess is that this is even more common on that road 😄 And if the evidence were clear enough, the player in the video would be permanently banned and it's not the case... Once again guessing, moderators didn't see it so clear that this was a "hack" or "feature abuse". I have to agree with MrSirViking's comment above. A hacker would have been driving all over the road to destroy the traffic on the other lane too.

5 minutes ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

Believe it or not, many people don't read or pay any attention to the chat messages. My guess is that this is even more common on that road 😄 And if the evidence were clear enough, the player in the video would be permanently banned and it's not the case... Once again guessing, moderators didn't see it so clear that this was a "hack" or "feature abuse". I have to agree with MrSirViking's comment above. A hacker would have been driving all over the road to destroy the traffic on the other lane too.

Fair enough, from past experience of driving in that area I know that the chat history is anything but entertaining or useful.

It remains unclear if the player is guilty of hacking or feature abuse, which led the report moderator to refrain from taking further actions.

On 10/23/2022 at 12:41 AM, MrSirViking said:

I agree with Dominik above. Not enough evidence to call it hacking. Had the user been driving on both sides of the road to get everyone then i might be inclined to call it hacking. The person is even half way through some of the people before that truck reacts to that person driving through. High chance this is desync and the people that person is driving through has not loaded in and so the person driving through them cant actually see them.

The common problem is that reports against this are often rejected, when moderator claims it's a bug - this has happened to me a number of times.

But it's just not simply an unavoidable bug , it's a combination of bug and ignorrance, and they can keep doing this over and over again without even knowing what they are causing?

They are still ramming others, even if unintentionally, but ignorance isn't an excuse.

And where should you get this information if not from reading the rules? But wait, the rules are so vague, you can't learn anything about this problem.

There should be paragraph specifically for this issue alone, nobody would need excuses, you do this, you get a temporary ban, plain and simple.

On 11/17/2022 at 1:00 PM, Granite said:

The common problem is that reports against this are often rejected, when moderator claims it's a bug - this has happened to me a number of times.

But it's just not simply an unavoidable bug , it's a combination of bug and ignorrance, and they can keep doing this over and over again without even knowing what they are causing?

They are still ramming others, even if unintentionally, but ignorance isn't an excuse.

And where should you get this information if not from reading the rules? But wait, the rules are so vague, you can't learn anything about this problem.

There should be paragraph specifically for this issue alone, nobody would need excuses, you do this, you get a temporary ban, plain and simple.

Players don't know they are doing it. They can literally not see any other players around them. Issuing a ban for something they can't see is not fair.

This happens when a player just spawns in and other trucks are still spawning in their game or the mod is struggling to load other players in when entering a high density area. It is more common to be desync than actually hacking.

Players can't control this, so saying they can do it over and over again and is due to ignorance is simply not true. Yes, sometimes players should stop up and think "alright, it's peak time on CD road but Duisburg is empty.. Maybe something is wrong" - But not all players are expected to know peak times or what cities are busy. They could be new to the mod or something alike.

I have had this happen to me on the motorway outside Calais. I ended up thinking "something is wrong" and pulled over to wait for the mod to load players in. Fortunately nothing happened in this situation. But I have been there.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

1 hour ago, Captain Mix said:

Players don't know they are doing it. They can literally not see any other players around them. Issuing a ban for something they can't see is not fair.

This happens when a player just spawns in and other trucks are still spawning in their game or the mod is struggling to load other players in when entering a high density area. It is more common to be desync than actually hacking.

Players can't control this, so saying they can do it over and over again and is due to ignorance is simply not true. Yes, sometimes players should stop up and think "alright, it's peak time on CD road but Duisburg is empty.. Maybe something is wrong" - But not all players are expected to know peak times or what cities are busy. They could be new to the mod or something alike.

I have had this happen to me on the motorway outside Calais. I ended up thinking "something is wrong" and pulled over to wait for the mod to load players in. Fortunately nothing happened in this situation. But I have been there.

I agree with you that a lot of new players entering busy sections always load mods slowly due to PC speed issues

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

Archived