Served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP - yea or nay?

Interstate Nomad

Served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP - yea or nay?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support the idea of served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP?

• Yes, I do.
    • No, I do not.

Hello fellow truckers,

I'd like to know who of you is in favor of served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP and who is not.

Note:
"Uneditable" means no money, experience, level or any other entries can be changed by you in your profile.
To earn money, gain experience and level up you would be required to deliver cargo. 🚛

Please vote above☝️ and if you like leave a comment below 👇.

Thanks! :HaulieLove:

I'm 100% for server-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP 👍

As mentioned by Be4dy it would help reducing reckless driving as people wouldn't be able to drive at 110km/h in sharp turns for example and they would have to drive more carefully. Same for braking etc...

Also it would be great if speeding and traffic light offenses penalties would be different from single player and you would be fined with much higher fees!

24 minutes ago, Be4rdy said:

i dont have the time to sit and make money just to buy a truck when im only really on during convoys etc.

Well it doesn't take much time to have a minimum of money to buy pretty much anything available. But yes, at the beginning you would be a bit bothered with that I understand. That said, I would personally find quite fun to drive with cheap low spec trucks (I actually do that regularly 🙂 )

I totally agree, it's more fun and good to focus on one goal. 👌🏻

2025704570_role_Add-OnTeam2.jpg   

Youtube | Steam | TruckersMP 

Discord = Shadel#0001

Not only that... I'd even vote for having lowered stability values, to make the driving more real (it's too weird to see loaded trucks taking 90 degree turns at 80 Km/h and not tip over). In order to achieve this, same as the non-editable profiles, it would be necessary to have these profiles stored server-side too. Not sure if it's feasible but it would make (IMO) TruckersMP a lot more enjoyable for Simulation. And whoever didn't want this, could have arcade server without any restrictions to save-edits or client-side settings.

Guest Aurris

I personally believe that we shouldn't be forcing everyone to play the same way some people want to. There are players out there who just enjoy the driving aspect of the game while being able to buy the truck they want and customize it without any limitations, and there are also players just enjoying the progress. Server-sided profiles also mean that save editing is no longer going to be a thing, which will definitely receive negative feedback from the community. 
While it could make it so that some players drive more carefully, I'm pretty sure it won't stop trolls as they can just take quick jobs. 

@Aurris You can check this out: 

and will see that it's already in the "to-do" list, so... It's not just "the way some people want to", it's also the way TMP wants to, it would appear. The driving aspect of the game can be achieved without "cheating" the profile, it's what many of us have been doing for years. And like I said, this could be limited to the Simulation server, so people who don't want to worry about money/XP or want to use save-edited trucks would still be able to play.

Trolls is not an issue to be solved with server-sided economy or profiles, even when I believe that it would help: When trolls found out that their vehicle can't even move they'd need to do legit jobs to get money and repair it, so at least they'd have it harder to be trolling all of the time). There will always be trolls in TruckersMP unless all servers were made non-collisions everywhere (and probably not even that would stop them from trying).

6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Hello fellow truckers,

I'd like to know who of you is in favor of served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles in TruckersMP and who is not.

Note:
"Uneditable" means no money, experience, level or any other entries can be changed by you in your profile.
To earn money, gain experience and level up you would be required to deliver cargo. 🚛

Please vote above☝️ and if you like leave a comment below 👇.

Thanks! :HaulieLove:

served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles: yes and no, why:

Yes, with a new economy system and new achievements with unlockables system, otherwise no point switching completly from how it is now, to much work and maintenance for no advantages to the players and TMP,

Regard the uneditable profiles, i think that this might exclude many players that like to do it, but if there is no other option to have the server sided economy etc..., then yes, but only with implementing the already mentioned "new economy system and new achievements",

p.s.: as i read from couple of players, this change will not eliminate the trolls problem (I don't see how this can solve the problem in anyway), other differrent solutions are required

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

7 minutes ago, _rs_italy_ said:

this change will not eliminate the trolls problem (I don't see how this can solve the problem in anyway), other differrent solutions are required

Well it won't completely remove the trolls. But when some will find the hard way that they can't anymore take a sharp turn 20+km/h over the speed limit without ending up in the ditch, they will start driving more responsibly at a similar speed than other players.

Game economy is a joke and very simplistic in the first place, it only requires you to complete several jobs, before you can start taking loans. After that you start buying garages and trucks for hired drivers and because economy is client based and runs in the background independently of server game time, you can keep fast traveling between cities to "pass time"  without having to ever complete a job yourself again, before becoming multimillionaire in a matter of hours.

For this to have any impact on trolling and whatnot, overhaul of the game economy would be required, which would most likely be up to SCS Software and not TMP, even mods have a hard time achieving anything with game economy with limited options at their disposal.

The whole experience system with upgrade parts locked behind levels and skills gained by just driving around is also kind of shallow and out of place for a sim game, like this is some kind of RPG.

I would prefer every upgrade unlocked, skill related stuff locked and skills actually gained through tests, trials and some ranking system (ADR, oversized cargo, fragile cargo, expensive cargo, etc.)

Again, this is something for SCS wishlist.

I don't have high hopes for any changes to this however, but it would be neat if something was finally done with this aging and obsolete system, even if only on optional basis.

I would support this idea if TMP would also disable hired drivers on simulation server just for that it would discourage from reckless driving. Then, to eliminate trolls, disable quick jobs as well, and provide starter profile with owned basic truck of your choice - if you go bankrupt, you would have no choice but start a new profile and try again. Also the saving of the profile would have to be limited somehow to prevent abusing of loading previous save, perhaps automated saving like World of Trucks.

I couldn't decide, but as a simulation lover, I chose the "Yes, I do" option. I think this situation varies from person to person. Simulation lovers will of course look at this situation positively, in this case. On the other hand, those who enter this game for fun purposes only may not be satisfied with this situation.

q1MsQT6.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

1 hour ago, Foobrother said:

Well it won't completely remove the trolls. But when some will find the hard way that they can't anymore take a sharp turn 20+km/h over the speed limit without ending up in the ditch, they will start driving more responsibly at a similar speed than other players.

Hmmm there are many ways to do so, just by having a profile on a server from "now" will not reduce that, it's so easy to enter in the loop on infinite money in this game, thats why having the profile only on the server will be pointless if the aim is somehow to reduce the trolling or reckless behaviour. That's why if will come, needs to come with a new economy system as i mentioned before and maybe a new start/profile for everybody or i don't see any advantages for anybody for anything, just costs and work for nothing very beneficial. With the option to start all over again and creating a brand new profile directly from the "new TMP", how many will agree with starting from zero again? With work, real life, school etc... who gonna have the will after so many years?

Plus let's not forget that all those profiles need to be stored somewhere if you wanna keep everything server-side, how much of storage will be need it? will TMP be able to afford this additional space? Performances? I have no idea, but i doubt TMP can add additional expenses, currently having paid devs and adding to this, the decline of the number of players and patreon supporters. I don't see how TMP can recover the numbers of the past, so many players were playing tmp just because they had no alternatives, plus changing the policy regarding the fifth ban did not bring back as many players as I think they hoped; if they want to implement this they have to do it with considerable advantages for everybody or there is a considerable risk of an additional decline in the number of players even more and additional costs

Well, at this time, I'm the only person that voted, "No, I do not."

I can see how it would be a welcome change. But, why should someone spend an unforsaken amount of time in-game just so they can earn money to drive the specific truck they want in a convoy or event? :HaulieSus:

Not everyone does loads or drives on CD all day, every day.

1 hour ago, _rs_italy_ said:

Hmmm there are many ways to do so, just by having a profile on a server from "now" will not reduce that, it's so easy to enter in the loop on infinite money in this game, thats why having the profile only on the server will be pointless if the aim is somehow to reduce the trolling or reckless behaviour. That's why if will come, needs to come with a new economy system as i mentioned before and maybe a new start/profile for everybody or i don't see any advantages for anybody for anything, just costs and work for nothing very beneficial. With the option to start all over again and creating a brand new profile directly from the "new TMP", how many will agree with starting from zero again? With work, real life, school etc... who gonna have the will after so many years?

Plus let's not forget that all those profiles need to be stored somewhere if you wanna keep everything server-side, how much of storage will be need it? will TMP be able to afford this additional space? Performances? I have no idea, but i doubt TMP can add additional expenses, currently having paid devs and adding to this, the decline of the number of players and patreon supporters. I don't see how TMP can recover the numbers of the past, so many players were playing tmp just because they had no alternatives, plus changing the policy regarding the fifth ban did not bring back as many players as I think they hoped; if they want to implement this they have to do it with considerable advantages for everybody or there is a considerable risk of an additional decline in the number of players even more and additional costs

This thread is about "served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles".

Also:

My comment was about the "any other entries can be changed by you in your profile".

On your profile you can edit the trucks behaviour settings to make suspensions more or less soft/hard, brakes more or less effective etc... As you probably already know, many players, take this game as a formula 1 racing simulator and change these settings to be able to drive a truck with trailer at 110km/h in sharp turns which can lead to crash when they arrive behind a normal player with realistic settings who's driving 40km/h slower or if someone is stopped.

Hello.

First of all, thank you for creating this discussion. I have been thinking about this topic for a long time and now I came across your topic while thinking about it again.

If it were up to me it would be awesome. We upgrade our tools day by day, and in a way, it can be seen from the tools who is the most hardworking and who is the laziest. I don't think even 1% of troll drivers can easily turn a corner with a loaded vehicle. It can also completely increase the effectiveness of "kolega( it's a Balkan nick among especially the truckers)" on the roads.

BUT! Thanks to these non-editable profiles, the "save-edit truck" thing will be completely over. Including me, we continue to play this game thanks to the "save-edit feature". Because it is really close to impossible to bring realistic styles to life with the opportunities that the game gives us. That's why we can make our vehicles more beautiful and attractive with the save-edit method. In addition, troll drivers can chase us by leaving their trailers if they want to continue their troll behavior. Once a person has a feeling of aggression, it is very difficult to prevent it.

For this, I think the following way can be used:

"Realistic Simulation" server can be opened. When logging into this server, we can log in again with the login method and start with our own user accounts. Friends who will play in this server can improve themselves. On this server, the speed can be fixed at 90 or 93, as with World of Trucks loads. Traffic fines and driver fatigue can be added. Drivers can develop their private accounts for this server as they wish. If an opportunity is created in this way, the driver can both use the vehicle he wants on the simulation 1 server, and then come to this server and continue his realistic development and overcome the feeling of boredom that may occur after a while.

Kind regards,

Tommy

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

Hello truckers. 

Several topics have already been posted here on the forum regarding the Trolls problem this is another 1 maybe the solution.  But let's see something we would all start with the profiles from scratch!!!!

if that were the case many players would not like it because there is already a lot of time spent on it. 

Regarding Trolls there is a very simple solution to back the permanent ban. I'm in favor. 

19 hours ago, Foobrother said:

This thread is about "served-sided economy and uneditable user profiles".

You are right, my answer it's perfectly on the topic, since i mentioned what this change would eventually bring with prons and cons 👍

19 hours ago, Foobrother said:

My comment was about the "any other entries can be changed by you in your profile".

On your profile you can edit the trucks behaviour settings to make suspensions more or less soft/hard, brakes more or less effective etc... As you probably already know, many players, take this game as a formula 1 racing simulator and change these settings to be able to drive a truck with trailer at 110km/h in sharp turns which can lead to crash when they arrive behind a normal player with realistic settings who's driving 40km/h slower or if someone is stopped.

You can do that without even touching your profile 👍

On 10/6/2022 at 9:48 PM, SD - SuddenDesu said:

Well, at this time, I'm the only person that voted, "No, I do not."

I can see how it would be a welcome change. But, why should someone spend an unforsaken amount of time in-game just so they can earn money to drive the specific truck they want in a convoy or event? :HaulieSus:

Not everyone does loads or drives on CD all day, every day.

No im 100% with you on this. If i couldnt join convoys with my trucks id probably stop playing tbh. Mayby a server dedicated to realism where you have to start new etc but give people the choice,

I would like to see having our own TruckersMP Profile Stats in terms of jobs logged, distance travelled and money we gain - all compiled into a leaderboard. 

Would be cool to see some player competition within TruckersMP - no extra downloads, all sync'd with the TruckersMP Client.  

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 

We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived