Is Promods dying out?

'Carter

The question we've all be been wondering, or just me. is Promods dying out? At TruckersMP peek of the day I've never seen the Promod's servers actually meet even half the server capacity. Although, yes 75% of the players don't own all of the dlcs, if even a quarter of them. However, for the players that do play on Promods do we really think it's dying out, or is it just been slow recently?

*If a topic has already been created, welcome to close thanks Mods*

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

The ProMod Map is really huge and at the beginning of the Development. This, and the Grade of Detail and Enthusiasm to drive on a more realistic Map than the original Map, was the hype of it at this Time! Also the ETS2 Map has grown in Detail and Realism with its DLC´s and so on. Therefore, for many Players the original Map is enough to play on.

The reason of the loading Times of Promods are because of the "Road Map Navigation Pre Caching", which were made by the Game itself after every Version Change of the Game/Map or if you switch with the same Profile between TruckersMP and Single Player or Convoy Mode. This is normal and happen "only" 1 Time. If you create a Profile for each Game Mode (TruckersMP/Single Player/ProMod) you will have normal Loading Times!

In fact, ProMods having in most Areas a better Performance and look than the original Map.

ProMod is not dying, it have the same "Problem" like TruckersMP have, the Map is very huge and for many Players it is just boring to drive on an empty Map, except the Player prefer to drive in the high populated spots/areas only. Therefore, as mentioned many time before, Players gone back to Single Player with AI Traffic or they play the Game/Map in Convoy Mode with their Friends with AI and Mods, or they have just lost the interest on playing a Truck Simulation Game. This is a normal Thing and happen to every Multiplayer Game in the past and will even happen in the future.

Simulation Games are still a Niche and having a unique Player Base. They having also many casual "flyby and just take a look" Players who  playing it a shorter amount of Time. Not all of them buying the whole available DLC´s when they are starting to play the Game, which is normal, because it costs a lot of Money.

First of all I think Promods is a very good map, it expands a lot that is not available in ETS2, whether it is scenery or roads, it will be much better than Simulation 1, but after the update from version 1.44, I have never used it, Because with the update of the version, it needs more DLC. I think this is one of the reasons why there are fewer and fewer people in the Promods server.

Of course, some people will be because Promods need a lot of money to read the save. So I will give up him and choose Simulation 1.

This is just my personal opinion. I think there will be more people who will have other ideas. :HaulieExcited:

Sincerely,
Toth.

Federal Transport | Founder

Promods isn't dying, both ETS2 and Pormods are doing great, being one of the most popular map mods.

It's the very obvious decline of TMP player base caused by combination of several reasons, one of which was definitely the realease of SCS Convoy multiplayer where you have traffic and support for mods.

Almost 3 years ago, back in 2019, when PM teamed up with TMP, both simulation servers peaked about 8k players combined and Promods server used to peak at 3,5 - 4k players for a few months before declining to much lower numbers, after the novelty faded away. Nowadays it's 3,5k and 1k respectively at best, so that's a huge drop.

Additionally, Promods isn't attractive for average "idiot on the road" TMP cheapskate player that only buys base game so they can fool around the populated areas.

ETS2 players looking for simulation gameplay quickly find out they will find none of that in TMP, which is closer to MMO PvP survival racing game than anything else, and leave after having mostly negative experience with it.

ProMods is very great map. It does the revamps SCS is taking their sweet time on.

The only issues i have with ProMods (For some reason, i keep tying ProModes)

1. Have to redownload the files everytime a new update is out. They need a better system after the first time.
  2. The map is desolate in most spots. https://map.truckersmp.com/ Checking the map right now, there's about 800 players and they are all near Kirkenes Quarry Road.
  3. 95% of the population is on Sim One. 5% still plays ATS. 3.1k on Sim 1 right now.
  4. There's too many servers. How the servers should go
  • ETS 2: Simulation
  • ETS 2: Arcade
  • ETS 2: Event
  • ATS: Simulation
  • ATS: Arcade
  • ATS: Event

Idk what [SGP] is. But i feel like that's useless.

10 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Have to redownload the files everytime a new update is out. They need a better system after the first time.

You do know, those files act like archives with lots of files and subfolders? They need to keep the same file structure and content as the original game files. Each time SCS releases major update, all map mods require extensive updates of many files, sometimes there are complete changes to file structure.  I don't know how average user would repack everything without knowing what to do if Promods would release only partial files.

22 minutes ago, Somehow Lucky said:

Idk what [SGP] is. But i feel like that's useless.

It's server for Asia, located in Singapore. I agree it's mostly pointless as it's not utilized enough to justify it's existence. Same goes for US server for ETS2 and EU server for ATS.

6 hours ago, Granite said:

You do know, those files act like archives with lots of files and subfolders? They need to keep the same file structure and content as the original game files. Each time SCS releases major update, all map mods require extensive updates of many files, sometimes there are complete changes to file structure.  I don't know how average user would repack everything without knowing what to do if Promods would release only partial files.

"Major Update" when the map expands or a new road is added. Still have to redownload the files. ProMods is the only known thing that forces a manual user download. Every other service has a server based file that it gets downloaded from to update the game.

There are archives and people can play those if they wish. However, i don't wish to have to download files everytime a new ProMods version comes out just to ensure i can still play on the server.

7 hours ago, Somehow Lucky said:

"Major Update" when the map expands or a new road is added. Still have to redownload the files. ProMods is the only known thing that forces a manual user download. Every other service has a server based file that it gets downloaded from to update the game.

There are archives and people can play those if they wish. However, i don't wish to have to download files everytime a new ProMods version comes out just to ensure i can still play on the server.

You clearly don't understand the difference, every other non-workshop mod works the same way. TMP is very tiny download compared to Promods, but you don't complain that after each TMP update, you have to redownload everything, albeit automatically. Promods just can't afford service like that for free, they are not paid for anything, and way too large download for something like Steam Workshop. If you want to support them, you can purchase fast download of a single file for 1€.

21 hours ago, Granite said:

You clearly don't understand the difference, every other non-workshop mod works the same way. TMP is very tiny download compared to Promods, but you don't complain that after each TMP update, you have to redownload everything, albeit automatically. Promods just can't afford service like that for free, they are not paid for anything, and way too large download for something like Steam Workshop. If you want to support them, you can purchase fast download of a single file for 1€.

At least TMP delivers the updates automatically after a bit of time. I only use my mods when i create a new profile. Until they break (which, the ones i have haven't since 1.40), i'm not using them. Also, i wait until TMP updates. I don't downgrade. I play other games. $1 (or whatever the converted currency is) will not be able to afford the service.

Anyways, good day to you. I've got a visual suggestion to work on.

I really hope not 😞 i love driving on promods server , so many places and new roads and the scenery is great ❤️ 

Truckerdan_TMP 906937730502635591.webp.7eb46450b33ca3e7bad682894f0e498b.webp

Steam | Discord ->1960271399_DiscordName.png.02554d2750c1feab7678feff1a0c021b.png

Screenshot_239.png.6c251c9b3241fd7c9916ef8da367d476.png

Reports | Feedback | TMP Rules | Appeal | Support

• 1 month later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived