How to improve the Ping (ms)?

sanprogt

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello,

Technically, your ping will depend on a lot of factors. Your ISP (Internet Service Provider) regarding how fast are the servers, how close are you are to the servers, and from which location in the world you are playing from. This is the exact reason, why there is a US server, as players playing from US on the Europen servers tend to have much higher latency.

In general, having a much lower ping can result in benefits like that players don't lag that much, although that is not always the case, as still, if the other player has some kind of internet issues, they will lag for everyone. 

I'm not sure how much is your ping, mine is around 50 ms. That can be considered a great avarage among other users, however, who plays with better internet connection might have a ping around 20-30 ms, or who is closer to the actual physical servers. (Simulation 1 server is located in France and US simulation is in Canada)

Let us know if this helped,

Kind Regards,

LogRol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello @saran61431

You can try one of the following solutions;

-Stay away from busy cities and roads.
-Try to get internet over ethernet instead of using Wi-Fi.
-Do not download / upload any other while playing TruckersMP.
-Do not do Windows Updates while in the game.
-Try not to have too many users or devices on your network at the same time.
-You should not use streaming services at the same time.
-Check your firewall settings.
-Choose to use servers closest to your location.
-Try talking to your IS (Internet Service Provider) and see if you can find a solution.

I hope you solve your problem as soon as possible and enjoy driving smoothly.

Sincerely,

Expectancy

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sincerely,

Expectancy

TruckersMP - Game Moderator                   
 39156329_role_GameModerator(1).png.437a0

• Useful Links •
Official TruckerMP Rules | SupportFeedback | Reports | Appeal a Ban

Hello there,

Has your question been answered with the above given answers?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards,

ScanvaUK

TruckersMP Support

Thank you very much for pitching in to provide some insights @LogRol @Expectancy.

Now i Understood why i have so much problems. I'm from India. So basically am too far from any servers. My pings holds between 160 to 180ms. I have both ethernet & wifi connected at a time for better flow. But, as you both have stated, the high lag is when i enter the crowd. Rest, its was normal.

I have 150mbps (~ 10MBps) internet speed connected with 4 to 5 mobiles and 2 laptops in the house. So i think i need to take separate connection for myself to have a little better result.

I'm very new to the platform. So i get excited when i see a crowd of real people. So tried to stay with them but due to the lag, i tend to hit some people. To avoid Bans, i started keeping away from people.

Anyhow, thanks a lot for the insights and they are very much helpful. 

@ScanvaUK yes the insights are really helpful. 

Have a nice day!

Thanks & Regards,

Saran