Comparison between Calais and Kirkenes (mining) road

farshad78

There are many reasons why Calais Road is much more dangerous than Kirkenes Mine Road
Drivers on the Kirkenes road are mostly patient, experienced and cautious, with the exception of locomotive drivers who drive very slowly and get stuck in corners.
Few people can overtake and all drivers cooperate with each other
But on the dreaded Calais road, approximately 80 to 95 percent of drivers drive above 100 km/h and are very impatient, overtaking dangerously, causing traffic jams and accidents. They disturb others
We can say 90-95% of the bans issued
 It is related to Calais road, more inexperienced drivers are seen on this road.

They do not respect the distance from the front trailer. Unfortunately, most of the accidental cases are related to Asian players and it is less accurate than European players
No one is safe on this road and everyone has had an accident in Calais
what do you think? What do you think should be done with this dangerous driving?

1 hour ago, Million88 said:

اینکه جاده کرکنس خاکی است و پیچ های زیادی در آنجا دارد واقعا لذت بخش و زیباست. همچنین مکانی است که می توانید تعامل بیشتری با سایر بازیکنان داشته باشید. 

Yes, in my opinion, Kirkenes is both more beautiful and less dangerous

3 hours ago, Halaskâr said:

I think the Kirkenes road is a nice and suitable route for more experienced drivers, there is no road that will force you on the Duisburg - Calais road. But with the Kirkenes double trailer on the dirt road, you have the chance to test yourself, especially if you can push yourself.

The carelessness of Calais drivers has ruined the enjoyment of this road, yet it is still loved by all

I find the content of your post partly speculative and offensive.

Without a detailed collection of data, the claimed numbers are inaccurate and a subjective impression at best.

Don't juggle with fictive numbers if you can't provide reliable sources.

Furthermore, it's not honorable to discredit Asian players or nationalities in general.

The way somebody behaves (in traffic) depends on many factors which you might not be aware of or can't know.

However, it is safe to say that certain infamous areas are subject to an increased number of incidents.

Let me make my point, first of all, Kirkenes is a mountain road and the driver can't drive too fast (if it's a straight road, I think the driver will drive to 100KM / h or higher like a C-D)

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

16 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Without a detailed collection of data, the claimed numbers are inaccurate and a subjective impression at best.

Furthermore, it's not honorable to discredit Asian players or nationalities in general.

The way somebody behaves (in traffic) depends on many factors which you might not be aware of or can't know.

However, it is safe to say that certain infamous areas are subject to an increased number of incidents.

I'm Asian (Iranian) myself, I didn't mean to offend, I just commented based on the crashes I saw in the game.

8 hours ago, HENGYA said:

Let me make my point, first of all, Kirkenes is a mountain road and the driver can't drive too fast (if it's a straight road, I think the driver will drive to 100KM / h or higher like a C-D)

I meant that Calais road is not suitable for high speed

I know what you're trying to say, I mean you can only make suggestions, but you can't necessarily ask players to drive at low speeds, Calais doesn't explicitly ask for it, I think just keep yourself and others safe is a good driver @farshad78

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

Kirkenes road is a route full of hard bends i don't think everyone can drive it but calais road is a simple road. 😉 

1797472539_TMP.webp

---------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, farshad78 said:

Calais road is a more dangerous road in my opinion due to injuries from other drivers

I don't think so because the Kirkenes road is more zigzag than CD road. The CD road is straighter than the Kirkenes road. I think CD road is easier but it’s just my opinion. 🙂 

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                                  ⭐                                  ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Happy map creator for ETS2 from 🇨🇿

If you are interested, you can look for something about me 🙂

Languages I speak: ENGLISH , CZECH & GERMAN

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                                  ⭐                                  ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

REPORT      FEEDBACK

So yeah.. 

In My opinion, what makes Calais - Duisburg more dangerous is the speeds. 

Most people driving at 110 KM/h // 68 MPH, leaves far little room for error. And as already said, the accidents that come off of C-D are far more disruptive. 

It's far harder for those with keyboards to drive at these speeds. 

Kirkenes, well that's just people blocking. 

On 10/1/2022 at 2:59 PM, Halaskâr said:

I think the Kirkenes road is a nice and suitable route for more experienced drivers, there is no road that will force you on the Duisburg - Calais road. But with the Kirkenes double trailer on the dirt road, you have the chance to test yourself, especially if you can push yourself.

Agreed with this. Also, Calais is more reachable being on the main map. It will always remain most popular.

Ex-Community Moderator

18 hours ago, Lena' said:

Kirkenes road is a route full of hard bends i don't think everyone can drive it but calais road is a simple road. 😉 

I think so.

╔⏤⏤⏤╝                                  ⭐                                  ╚⏤⏤⏤╗

Happy map creator for ETS2 from 🇨🇿

If you are interested, you can look for something about me 🙂

Languages I speak: ENGLISH , CZECH & GERMAN

╚⏤⏤⏤╗                                  ⭐                                  ╔⏤⏤⏤╝

REPORT      FEEDBACK

• 4 weeks later...

I really enjoy the Kirkenes Quarry road, as you need to keep your eyes open on that road with all the bends, but also it's nice seeing other drivers using that road and allowing each other to pass at the safe places and getting thanked for letting people pass is always nice

I try not to drive the C-D road much my self as have had issues where drivers will overtake me at very risky parts, even though rules state not to overtake on the road. I always keep a safe distance between me and the truck infront to give ample braking time incase they emergency stop or lag appears

On 10/1/2022 at 6:15 PM, blabberbeak said:

Yes he doesn't have the exact numbers/stats. You can disagree with his conclusion but people should be free to give their impression/opinion.

Personally I've also noticed that problem makers are often from some specific nationalities. Maybe that's cultural, maybe that's just because there are a lot of players with these nationalities compared to others. But that's a fact. And I don't think it's a problem to discuss it.

Regarding the initial topic, I agree that Kirkenes has much more respectful players than on C-D. I think there are a few reasons for that:

1. You can't race and drive like a maniac on this road. And if you do, you will very likely end up in the ditch after a few turns
  2. Kirkenes is a much more technical road, at low speed, and difficulty is usually not what trolls are looking for
  3. There are much less players on Kirkenes (and Promods in general) which means, automatically less trolls (if we consider there is the same proportion of trolls)
  4. Because players on Kirkenes are usually more "mature", any trolls is going to be reported and hammered with negative messages to stop bothering everyone. And sometimes people even push them into the ditch 😂

• 5 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived