Traffic and gas stations

Gunner_TMP

3 hours ago, [MCG] MemeBundy [VN] said:

Make it NCZ would be more efficient. 

A non-collision zone (NCZ) won't solve the root problem, which are players who ignore road signage and enter the gas station from the wrong side.

While a NCZ prevents players to collide in the zone area, it always has a transition zone of non-collision to collision. Depending of the size of the NCZ, this transition zone could be located on the road close to the service station, which would create even more havoc than we face today.

On 10/12/2022 at 11:38 PM, [RSL] DanieCeBus said:

I think they should rebulid the Duisburg-Calais Road because ist Only 2 Lines and you have no options to overtake someone.

And the Gas Station they should do an NCZ, then you dont have to wait if a fuel pump is free.

It would be important for me to expand the road to at least 4 lanes, that means everyone has 2 lanes on one side and can overtake.
Special descents to the gas station so that there are fewer traffic jams.

Then it would be no more Calais-Duisburg Road. People should put "patient", "queue", "safe" back to their dictionary, and learn to read road signages, overtake properly, give way to others when it's safe, instead of taking away distinguishing feature of the roads, we don't need 100% highway in the map.

On 10/14/2022 at 2:18 AM, KDAKaiSa1317 said:

Then it would be no more Calais-Duisburg Road. People should put "patient", "queue", "safe" back to their dictionary, and learn to read road signages, overtake properly, give way to others when it's safe, instead of taking away distinguishing feature of the roads, we don't need 100% highway in the map.

I agree. The C-D area underwent many edits, which apparently didn't improve the traffic situation much.

The negative side effect of these edits is that players who do World Of Trucks jobs can't take jobs in that area anymore, because now the map and companies significantly differ from the original.

So, I wonder:

Quo vadis, TruckersMP? 🤔

Maybe it's time to turn your attention to other topics, like the implementation of player-number-depending-AI-traffic to make driving outside of the infamous areas more enjoyable (less lonesome) and a server-sided economy to give doing jobs a meaning and earned money a value.

Just thinking aloud... 🙂

On 10/14/2022 at 2:18 AM, KDAKaiSa1317 said:

you are right.

DanieCeBus - Fahrer Dream Logistics

Veteran Driver III18.1685363919.png.cf140970f3fc55d32f5c9c45cbcca6dc.png

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, unfortunately, the players at the gas stations block the traffic and many accidents occur, especially the players trying to enter and exit the gas station from the opposite direction, I think it poses a big problem.I think that the best and smoothest way to solve this problem should be double gas stations, that is, the gas stations should be placed in pairs, not one by one, if this is done users don't have to worry about trying to switch to the other lane, they enter and exit the station directly from their own lane, and thus only one lane will be enough to control.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived