Traffic and gas stations

Gunner_TMP

Hello everyone, I realized that one of the major causes of heavy traffic on the Duisburg-Calais road is gas stations. I see that players entering and exiting the gas station slow down the traffic, waiting for a player who wants to enter the gas station on the road until another player gives way, causing the players behind them to wait. Do you think it is possible to add a different route to the gas station?

Why not rebuild the entire Road and make it a 15 Lanes Each Direction Highway? That should solve a lot of Problems! ?

Till this happen we should drive more passive and calm and expecting Traffic Jams on Narrow Roads like these and specially at Gas Stations.

Hello 

I agree with your thoughts about the traffic that exists in the game. As you said, there is a lot of unnecessary traffic at the gas station entrances and exits.

Fixing this issue can put anyone who uses the DC route at ease.

To solve the problem, a larger area can be reserved for gas stations or a new road can be built for gas stations away from the main road.

Thank you for raising the issue. ?

I wish you a good day. 

Kind Regards
ESER 58
TruckersMP  Driver 

1 hour ago, Fummelprinz said:

Why not rebuild the entire Road and make it a 15 Lanes Each Direction Highway?

LOL, people that play with broken equipment needs more ?

2 hours ago, /Gunner said:

Hello everyone, I realized that one of the major causes of heavy traffic on the Duisburg-Calais road is gas stations. I see that players entering and exiting the gas station slow down the traffic, waiting for a player who wants to enter the gas station on the road until another player gives way, causing the players behind them to wait. Do you think it is possible to add a different route to the gas station?

I agree, the 2 gas stations on c-d needs a rework, needs to be expanded and moved/adapted to the traffic flow, it gets pretty messy pretty quickly,

This is also a reason of why i make sure to have enough fuel to do c-d at one take at the moment ?

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

Players just need to stop using the gas station at the other side of their traveling direction. There are gas stations on both sides along the CD road, so just use the gas station that doesn't block the traffic when you enter the station.

If players were following the speed limit when passing the gas station (50 km/h) then it would reduce the risk of slowing down and collisions as well.

Common sense solves a lot of issues on CD.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

Technically, adding additional pair of fuel stations, each located on the opposite side to one that already exists could resolve the issue. Additionaly, if there's enough space for a large fuel station, using large fuel station prefab could increase capacity while reducing chance that player will perform high speed drive through despite of the fact that the player would drive on the road without any issues.

If you want to ask anywhere on forums whenever 32-bit version of MP will be supported in future, try to start GTA V on your 32-bit machine before checking game's system requirements.

Instead of quoting the post above, use the ^ character. The character is actually pointing to the post above.

How to fix sudden steering issue on your USB steering wheel

Perhaps add a roundabout and make indeed a separated road towards the fuel station, so the traffic will flow on the main road and slow down before the roundabout. that way is safer to enter the roundabout instead of a intersection where you can drive full speed on which is far more dangerous.

But yeah in overal something needs to be changed in order to stop players from stopping on the road. also some enter the wrong way so it's a double win if have separate road.

39 minutes ago, xayibogantr said:

I think a gas station like the newly built duisburg service area could be built. Those who want to buy gas will take the side road and fill their gas in a large gas field.

xayibogantr-dc-gas-stations.thumb.png.efec6cad3dc318058a824287a92f1330.png

The gas stations are already "one way only", but some players don't care and they will keep not caring. The problem will persist as long as people has to cross a lane of traffic to get to the fuel station or away from the fuel station.

What would help would be to place bollards on the center line of the road thus blocking traffic that doesn't have the fuel station on their right from entering the gas station. Speed bumps just before and after the fuel station to slow people down to roughly 40-50 km/h which will allow rejoining traffic to be a lot easier.

- I'm not saying I'm Wonder Woman; I'm just saying no one has ever seen me and Wonder Woman in the same room together.

9 minutes ago, Captain Mix said:

The gas stations are already "one way only", but some players don't care and they will keep not caring. The problem will persist as long as people has to cross a lane of traffic to get to the fuel station or away from the fuel station.

What would help would be to place bollards on the center line of the road thus blocking traffic that doesn't have the fuel station on their right from entering the gas station. Speed bumps just before and after the fuel station to slow people down to roughly 40-50 km/h which will allow rejoining traffic to be a lot easier.

Located on the Duisburg-Calais road, the gas station is only in one direction. I think building the gas station on both sides can solve this problem. I don't find it right to build a bumps because people are driving too fast and it is a little difficult to prevent this and with a 50% probability, accidents will increase. I think building gas stations on both sides of the road will solve this problem and people won't have to enter the gas station from the opposite direction and lock up traffic.

6 hours ago, xayibogantr said:

Located on the Duisburg-Calais road, the gas station is only in one direction. I think building the gas station on both sides can solve this problem. I don't find it right to build a bumps because people are driving too fast and it is a little difficult to prevent this and with a 50% probability, accidents will increase. I think building gas stations on both sides of the road will solve this problem and people won't have to enter the gas station from the opposite direction and lock up traffic.

There is a gas station located on each side of the road along the entire stretch of the road. People will just have to plan ahead so they know they can reach the gas station on their side of the road.

7 hours ago, Captain Mix said:

I've sketched a solution which prevents vehicles from entering the service station in the wrong way.

The service station is located in the lower part of the sketch.

The middle-isles can be planted with trees or bushes to prevent crossing them.

However, heavy and oversized rigs must be considered and given enough space to maneuver.

The advantage of this sketch is that only the road needs editing in a small scale and only in the area of the service station.

3JLo5GZ.jpg

they could if its possible to put a gas station on the other side of the road too and have barrier in the middle of the road so you can only go into the gas station on your side of the road, it may work

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

You are absolutely right. Especially on the busy C-D road, the entrances of gas stations could be renovated to make the traffic more fluid.

A different entry and exit system for gas stations, especially between Bruxelles and Duisburg and between Bruxelles and Calais, can be organized to avoid forced giving way and congestion in traffic.Expansion of gas stations and the addition of a rest facility, such as the popular Lille Gas Station, could be an additional support.

On 10/5/2022 at 1:58 PM, Foobrother said:

I wouldn't change anything. If people don't like this road, they should go on another road (like I do). I think there are many other options 😄

I agree with this,  people don't have to drive C-D road, if you don't like traffic it is a big map 🙂  some traffic jams are nice, there is not many places on the map now that cause traffic jams.  I think there has been too many changes to C-D already so dont want to see anymore. 

The traffic jams that happen on C-D or not like they used be before, few years ago they where way longer, there was times it could take an hour to get from the railway crossing to Brussels intersection so a short bit of time in traffic jams at petrol stations isn't too big a deal and lots like it.

IRL traffic does not flow smoothly all the time so nice to not have it always flowing smoothly in TMP as its more realistic

9b3f0e1f6c.jpg

On 9/27/2022 at 2:52 PM, /Gunner said:

I think they should rebulid the Duisburg-Calais Road because ist Only 2 Lines and you have no options to overtake someone.

And the Gas Station they should do an NCZ, then you dont have to wait if a fuel pump is free.

It would be important for me to expand the road to at least 4 lanes, that means everyone has 2 lanes on one side and can overtake.
Special descents to the gas station so that there are fewer traffic jams.

DanieCeBus - Fahrer Dream Logistics

Veteran Driver III18.1685363919.png.cf140970f3fc55d32f5c9c45cbcca6dc.png

Archived