The Current State of TMP

Welshie

Hi there!

I'm planning on making a long form scripted video about tmp and the issues within it, I've got plenty to talk about and plenty of opinions and suggestion from my friends.

But I wanted to post a topic to get a general vibe from the player base on the forums.

What would you say is the biggest issue on TMP right now? And also to keep things impartial, What would you say is the best thing about TMP right now?

Any replies welcome, lets keep it constructive!

Cheers,
Welshie

53 minutes ago, Welshie said:

Hi there!

I'm planning on making a long form scripted video about tmp and the issues within it, I've got plenty to talk about and plenty of opinions and suggestion from my friends.

But I wanted to post a topic to get a general vibe from the player base on the forums.

What would you say is the biggest issue on TMP right now? And also to keep things impartial, What would you say is the best thing about TMP right now?

Cheers,
Welshie

Hello and thank you for creating this topic as it is a very touchy subject which can create both agreements as well as disagreements but everybody has their own personal views and are entitled to such opinions. However speaking for only myself I would say some of the issues at truckers multiplayer has is that when it comes to players who submit website reports or support tickets or anything that is related to the website the vast and large amount of time for a reply to be received by one of the members of the staff team is I understand a patient game but there should be some sort of work to implement or to put into place to reduce the amount of time that it takes to get a response. Another issue that I have seen a lot of people complain about when it comes to the website reports and such is why didn't so and so get banned or why is it taking so long to get a response from every port that I submitted. I think a good idea and maybe this could be implemented is that once a ticket is submitted to the website at least a support person can answer it and say something like Hello thank you for submitting this ticket please be patient with us as the correct staff member will reply once they are available. At least give some sort of interaction at first between the player and the staff team. I think also another issue that revolves around the trucker's multiplayer is that the vast amount of rule changes in implementations and so many different things that go on it's so hard for a lot of players to keep up with the basic change and new format of the game. I believe that when it comes to truckers multiplayer besides and I'm pretty sure all of us can agree when I say this is the large amount of trolls and no harassment and stuff that we as players have to deal with but that is something you just cannot get rid of it's always going to happen no matter how many staff are on or how many permanent bands are issue or anything it's always going to be an issue and it's just how whatever player is affected by it handles it in the correct manner. I believe that when it comes to truckers multiplayer either way it's sorta like Grand Theft Auto V. do you have the police vehicles with all their fancy flashing lights and siren which honestly in my opinion there is no need for it. If you look at most twitch streams and see in some sort of fashion or in history where a member of the staff team was in a police car traveling nobody cares about the car nor do they care about the flashing lights on the siren. A lot of us are either listening to music or were talking on Discord and a lot of us honestly get annoyed by the presence of the police car because so many people try to rush past other players trying to get a picture and harassed the staff member. I honestly believe that the skoda needs to be removed.I understand the platforms intuition and implementation of trying to get a larger playerbase backup but I honestly believe that when it comes to the buses and the cars they need to be removed from the server because this is not what the game is about. It is about players who purchase a game who want to drive a truck on European roads. If you want to drive buses and cars and such other vehicles go play another game. I believe that when it comes to staff interactions I cannot really speak much about it cuz I'm mainly play single player however I do get on multiplayer from time to time. I believe that one of my reasons that I believe that the skoda should be removed from the game is it is nothing but a nonsense and a nuisance to those who are traveling who may be part of a virtual Trucking Company who are trying to earn money and point and rank up in whatever ranking system the company might use. As for the bus I believe that should be removed because it is simply a resource within the server that is taken up pointless amount of resources and there's no real purpose in the bus. It is slow and long and it holds up traffic and it causes a nuisance in various areas of travel. I believe that another issue that comes when dealing with truckers multiplayer is that some of the rules are not pinpoint accurate as they should be and I could go into a lot more detail but I'm not as this message right here is already quite big. But this is my thoughts so far about the question that you have asked and I hope I have answered a few of them and I hope you can consider them in your video

Hello,

I can say there is a huge optimization problem, I can feel it sometimes. Gpu using rate goes down to %50, fps decreasing.. and I don't even have a worse GPU! If you see this optimization problem, you can add this issue at your list too.

Kind regards,

Tommy 

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

Biggest issue: it's really not an issue because i understand the circumstances surrounding it, but the first thing that come up in my mind it's the load on the report system currently, it takes way more time (way more that what i was used to it back in the past during even the holidays, where the activity from the staff it's drastically reduced due to obvious reasons) to your report to be reviewed compared to the past (so the perpetrator have much more time to ruin the experience to others meanwhile, before getting banned. They could get banned eventually in game, but i'm sure now moderators have less time to be in game and the current priority it's dealing with the reports on the website), hopefully it's temporary like it was in the past during some periods,

At the moment another issue for me it's the lack of traffic AI outside the populated areas, i drive mainly on the c-d because of this honestly, the few times i did long trips on TMP it felt dead and alone, terrible experience,

Best thing: c-d road :troll:

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

7 minutes ago, blabberbeak said:

For me, the biggest issue of TruckersMP is the lack of AI traffic and the consequential wasteland in most areas of the map.

This particular issue that you speak about where there is a lack of artificial intelligence vehicles is you have to think about it this way if you have about 50 players within a close proximity of each other the game itself will generate cars within a certain span period of each player base. Multiply that by the large amount of players that are in the area and well the servers literally could not hold it and they would crash. Yes it would be nice to see some actual AI traffic on the roads and I wish there was a way that the truckers multiplayer team could work it out to where if there is no real players around some AI traffic would generate but I'm not sure that's possible

2 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

Traffic is one of the problems but the biggest is the trolls, they don't play they just spoil the game for other players. 

This is true and there's not a lot that we as players who are trying to enjoy the game can do other than record our gameplay and if a situation arises which involves a troll we can submit a report to the website and just wait patiently it's part of life some things you can control in some things you just have to take with a grain of salt and live day by day with

4 minutes ago, Viper_1981 said:

Isso é verdade e não há muito que nós, como jogadores que estamos tentando aproveitar o jogo, possamos fazer além de gravar nossa jogabilidade e, se surgir uma situação que envolva um troll, podemos enviar um relatório para o site e esperar pacientemente. vida algumas coisas que você pode controlar em algumas coisas você só tem que aceitar com um grão de sal e viver dia a dia com

yes that's what I do, but you arrive at your destination with 100% trailer and cargo damage because a troll ruined your trip. 

2 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

yes that's what I do, but you arrive at your destination with 100% trailer and cargo damage because a troll ruined your trip. 

I have learned a little trick while playing on the multiplayer platform and that is I keep buying a quick save key on my wheel so when people approach me I already mashed that button so just in case I do get involved in a wreck in a damage my truck or my trailer I can just reload my quick save and I'm back to my original state without any damage to either the truck or trailer or my cargo and it comes in quite handy

28 minutes ago, Viper_1981 said:

This particular issue that you speak about where there is a lack of artificial intelligence vehicles is you have to think about it this way if you have about 50 players within a close proximity of each other the game itself will generate cars within a certain span period of each player base. Multiply that by the large amount of players that are in the area and well the servers literally could not hold it and they would crash. Yes it would be nice to see some actual AI traffic on the roads and I wish there was a way that the truckers multiplayer team could work it out to where if there is no real players around some AI traffic would generate but I'm not sure that's possible

AI traffic isn't needed in high populated areas but in deserted areas.
It therefore should only be generated in areas with a defined (low) number of players.

9 minutes ago, Viper_1981 said:

I have learned a little trick while playing on the multiplayer platform and that is I keep buying a quick save key on my wheel so when people approach me I already mashed that button so just in case I do get involved in a wreck in a damage my truck or my trailer I can just reload my quick save and I'm back to my original state without any damage to either the truck or trailer or my cargo and it comes in quite handy

That doesn't work for players who do World of Trucks jobs. The damage of their trailer and cargo won't be repaired when loading an earlier quick save file.

1 hour ago, Welshie said:

Só para acrescentar a isso, eu adoraria ver as opiniões de qualquer membro da equipe ou ex-funcionários também!

Muito obrigado a todos que responderam até agora, muito obrigado por dedicar seu tempo!

You may be lucky and have some staff giving their opinion, but I highly doubt it, it seems that the staff are afraid to give their opinion, but some comment may appear 

This is very true and I could probably speak for those that have decided to go to single player because of such reason but trolling is something that we all experience no matter what the game is and the best way to avoid it honestly play on the arcade server or play on simulation one but just don't go to a highly populated player-based area

11 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

AI traffic isn't needed in high populated areas but in deserted areas.
It therefore should only be generated in areas with a defined (low) number of players.

While we all love AI traffic i don't think it would be anytime soon, SCS still releases updates to the game and then it would break it again, hence why it take extra time for the developers to support it again.

Also i would be curious about on allowing AI on certain areas, while it sound interesting i don't think we have the right tools for that.

10 minutes ago, Bradd said:

Honestly it is the people who dont understand or know about basic road rules and just spoil it for everyone.

It's not the concept of that various people do not understand the road rules it is the fact that you have players who will join the community and their attempt is to cause havoc and chaos which results in them laughing at the chaos that they create towards players like ourself who actually follow the rules and follow the road rules and try to actually deliver our cargo in a professional manner.

1 minute ago, Viper_1981 said:

It's not the concept of that various people do not understand the road rules it is the fact that you have players who will join the community and their attempt is to cause havoc and chaos which results in them laughing at the chaos that they create towards players like ourself who actually follow the rules and follow the road rules and try to actually deliver our cargo in a professional manner.

true it is very annoying and the fact that there isnt much we can do but report them and even then reports just expire cause there isnt enough staff to deal with the insane amount of reports. 

Discord: Bradd#7810 
VTC: Nebula Logistics | Rank: CEO

We may not be able to control the wind but we can adjust our sails

8 hours ago, Bradd said:

true it is very annoying and the fact that there isnt much we can do but report them and even then reports just expire cause there isnt enough staff to deal with the insane amount of reports. 

The only way now is reporting them on the website then the report itself won't be expire. eventually the report will dealt with.

On 9/26/2022 at 10:56 PM, Welshie said:

Hi there!

Cheers,
Welshie

Nice topic indeed as others have suggested.

The best thing about TMP is the custom map updates, hands down. Going back to vanilla maps and travelling the reworked areas makes you realise how much better the TMP map updates are.

As for the biggest issue right now, i'd say is the fact that TMP feels more like a free roam game rather than a simulation. There's no player economy, money is a useless currency and everyone abuses the fact that you can cheat your way and add millions of money into your account. As soon as that happens, all game achievements and punishments within the game like truck upgrades or repairs and traffic violations have minimal impact into your money balance. That in turn leads to reckless driving since the players have nothing to lose and as a result causes chaos within the servers. 

In my opinion, a server-side economy would solve problems that the speed limit as well as the punishment system didn't manage to solve all these years.

Archived