Buses for patreon

Suggestion Name:   Buses for patreon 

Suggestion Description:  Put only buses for people who have patreon 5$. 

Any example images:  xxx

Why should it be added?:  Because it will add something extra for the 5$ patreon (so potentially more money to TruckersMP). It will also prevent trolls from taking a bus and bothering other players.   

• Haha 1

Mr Barbecue

Imagine all the people who have downloaded and installed DBus, have created their accounts, only because they want to have that option in TruckersMP and all of a sudden, they are disallowed to use it unless they pay a monthly fee that they may not be able to afford. I'd guess that there would be lots of unhappiness and complaints.

But there could be an alternative, by adding a second vehicle to be used with DBus, but this one exclusive to Patreon subscribers, just like the alternating vehicles. A different bus with the same features as the currently supported one (to avoid the likely "Patron's bus is faster than mine" ?).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Probably not a good idea, becasue DBus World is free service, the 4 bus mods that it is compatible with are free mods as well, available in Steam Workshop. These mods are ported with certain permissions from OMSI2 and are copyrighted and I am certain, TMP included one of these into their mod under same conditions. That's also why there will not be any modifications, because the only thing that is allowed are custom paintjobs.

If TMP makes this particular bus mod, or any other mod that isn't 100% their own creation (think of alternating vehicles) exclusive paid content, they would probably run into issues with copyright. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tσmmy said:

Maybe special buses can be given for Patreon (Mercedes Benz Travego, Scania Irizar, Setra designed), but the fact that the bus facility is only offered to Patreon can cause a bit of controversy.

Hello, 
I think it would be a better solution.

But the problem I have is to have the licenses to put the buses on TruckersMP...?

Another idea, why not add new skin for patreon buses? 

I think it's a very good idea and I hope it will be thought by the TruckersMP team  

Mr Barbecue

11 hours ago, Granite said:

Probably not a good idea, becasue DBus World is free service, the 4 bus mods that it is compatible with are free mods as well, available in Steam Workshop. These mods are ported with certain permissions from OMSI2 and are copyrighted and I am certain, TMP included one of these into their mod under same conditions. That's also why there will not be any modifications, because the only thing that is allowed are custom paintjobs.

If TMP makes this particular bus mod, or any other mod that isn't 100% their own creation (think of alternating vehicles) exclusive paid content, they would probably run into issues with copyright. 

It's true  but

As tommy said, it would be nice to have other bus brands on TruckersMP.

But as I said, there will be some licensing issues...

Brands may not accept if TruckersMP involves another buses in game 

Mr Barbecue

54 minutes ago, [GökBörü] Mr Barbecue said:

t's true  but

As tommy said, it would be nice to have other bus brands on TruckersMP.

But as I said, there will be some licensing issues...

Brands may not accept if TruckersMP involves another buses in game 

But it's the same issue.

Most mod authors don't have any permission to use trademarks and logos from real manufacturers, paid or free mod, it's still legal grey area in most cases.

TruckersMP also can't just take some mod and include it in their own mod without permission from the author, if nothing else, it's unethical. Then the problem is again, most free vehicle mods are using real trademarks and logos without permission.

If TMP makes their own add-on vehicle, they would have to make it fictional brand, like the Scout car, to avoid legal issues, because obtaining license from real manufacturer would not only be next to impossible for them, but also not something they would be interested in. It is not easy even for SCS Software, they only focus on obtaining licences from truck and traielr manufacturers for driveable vehicles, most of the non-drivable vehicles in their games are not licenced and have fictional lookalike logos and inaccurate features.

The Dbus World buses are licenced for OMSI2 and are ported to ETS2 with permission, making this available to supporters only, TMP would have to make a deal so that the mod author, the original OMSI2 content author and real world manufacturer get their share of the income, that's what licencing is all about.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...
  • Stan locked this topic