The future of TMP

"RICKY"

Well the future of TMP!!!!

The future is not easy, for a long time TMP had no competition and at the moment there is SCS also its multiplayer mod, yes it is not the same and we all know the differences. 

But let's see what SCS will do in the future. The TMP in the last half has evolved a lot and all the players are happy, but there are still some points that the players are not happy about. 

In short TMP was built for the players of this specific game and without those players TMP will not make sense anymore is something the team has to be aware of. 

Ricky 

It's been said that SCS will open servers with capacity for hundreds of players to use the Convoys mode, but I don't see how this could work unless they create an specific team to deal with those servers... It would be the same as TMP and would have the same problems, trolls, need for moderation, bans, complaints... So I doubt that Convoys will be a real competence for TMP any time soon. Or maybe they will hire the TMP team to manage these MMO servers ?

Many players have switched to Convoys, sure, because they can use mods, they can have bot traffic, they don't have to deal with empty roads or lots if "Idiots on the road" as only alternative, but I think that the main reason is that they can do whatever they want without anyone else setting the rules, they can crash, they can speed, anything all the participants have agreed to, and no one will be punished. However, new players are joining TruckersMP every single day, so it does look like TMP can keep a steady number of players, if not as big as in the past, enough at least to keep the mod alive.

Besides this, we are seeing how TruckersMP staff is constantly working to improve the mod, by adding things (Scout, Promods, alternating  vehicles, DBus), organizing different events, modifying the troublesome areas to make them safer (Duisburg) and we all know that they keep working in long term improvements, like the bot traffic, better management for the moderation system and so on.

4 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

It's been said that SCS will open servers with capacity for hundreds of players to use the Convoys mode, but I don't see how this could work unless they create an specific team to deal with those servers... It would be the same as TMP and would have the same problems, trolls, need for moderation, bans, complaints... So I doubt that Convoys will be a real competence for TMP any time soon. Or maybe they will hire the TMP team to manage these MMO servers ?

Many players have switched to Convoys, sure, because they can use mods, they can have bot traffic, they don't have to deal with empty roads or lots if "Idiots on the road" as only alternative, but I think that the main reason is that they can do whatever they want without anyone else setting the rules, they can crash, they can speed, anything all the participants have agreed to, and no one will be punished. However, new players are joining TruckersMP every single day, so it does look like TMP can keep a steady number of players, if not as big as in the past, enough at least to keep the mod alive.

Besides this, we are seeing how TruckersMP staff is constantly working to improve the mod, by adding things (Scout, Promods, alternating  vehicles, DBus), organizing different events, modifying the troublesome areas to make them safer (Duisburg) and we all know that they keep working in long term improvements, like the bot traffic, better management for the moderation system and so on.

That's what I also heard from SCS, but I think that everyone who opens the session becomes a moderator. 

Undoubtedly, TMP has evolved a lot in recent times and we hope to be the same in the near future. 

While TruckersMP is advancing rapidly in the simulation community with years of experience and infrastructure, I do not see it as a possibility that SCS software will be able to establish this infrastructure in a year or two and become a competitor. Setting up the TruckersMP hierarchy and system seems impossible, at least for a short time.

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

The future is bright in the short and long term for TruckersMP in my opinion.

The Convoy mode will never be a serious competitor if I can put this way for TruckersMP.

It would require ressources, discipline, free time, rules, constant development, moderation, creativity, professionalism and more.

Why would SCS bother with all of that if TruckersMP provides it all.

It’s my opinion and the way I see the future.

Maybe i’m right, maybe i’m wrong, the future will tell.

spacer.png

spacer.pngspacer.png

The future of tmp... 

In the long run I think the activity will depend on 1) how SCS developes the game with new DLCs and gamecontent, and 2) how TMP management are able to keep the community in a healthy state with good systems for controlling the players, and develop good systems for VTCs / event management. 

In the last years we have seen less drivers on the servers, with a boost of players coming back when there is events going on, or new game content arrives. We have also seen many VTCs joining and leaving the community, and a lot of convoy groups showing up. In the short run I think its a good way to keep players, but it also can get "too much" and drivers get bored of it. I think there should come something new in how events get organized, but I have not agreed with myself in what way yet ?

Im not a big fan of cars and busses in the game, for me TMP is a trucking community, and even tho changes are good and needed, I wish TMP still remember what it all started with, and what the main reason for players joining the game - drive trucks and meet new people from around the world. 

16 hours ago, _The Witcher_ said:

O futuro é brilhante a curto e longo prazo para a TruckersMP na minha opinião.

O modo Comboio nunca será um concorrente sério se eu puder colocar dessa forma para o TruckersMP.

Exigiria recursos, disciplina, tempo livre, regras, desenvolvimento constante, moderação, criatividade, profissionalismo e muito mais.

Por que a SCS se incomodaria com tudo isso se a TruckersMP fornece tudo isso.

É a minha opinião e a forma como vejo o futuro.

Talvez eu esteja certo, talvez eu esteja errado, o futuro dirá.

Yes no doubt the future will tell, but I think TMP needs something new, something big to bring the old guard of players to TMP, because many I know left TMP

Hey there trucker!

In short:
It is more and more obviously thay TruckersMP needs to re-think how they want to run this really great community, if they want to compete against the upcoming updates from SCS with the Convoy Mode.

As we have seen already over the year, alot of players had decided to quit TruckersMP over the SCS MP, but also due to either decreasing enjoyment of TruckersMP, lack of time or due to issues with how things were/are ran. I do myself hope the best for the TruckersMP because over the years they have builded up something that no-body believed would become a thing.

In Deep:

SCS Software (Euro Truck Simulator serial developer) had been denieing for years that they would consider a multiplayer feature for their game. However this was a big request by their community which they over and over failed to listen to. Years went through and one of my former friends started to work on the first release of TruckersMP (ETS2MP) which caused alot of SP players to become an active part of when it was first released. Meanwhile they worked hard on getting TruckersMP to continue meeting updates from SCS, they were never really a competitive modification of the basegame. As you may know already. SCS had no intentions from the beginning to make a multiplayer, but that was soon changed after they noticed how good the TruckersMP's Community took the outcome of the release of a modificated version of the ETS2 base-game, allowing friends to play together.

IF and i am saying IF SCS Software decided that they would compete against TruckersMP, then i think it would mean more updates that TruckersMP could not be able to compete against.
We have already seen that TruckersMP are not able to run the Special Transport DLC through the servers, due to the fact that it is also AI based. it would mean that TruckersMP would become more relying on the donations of Patreon, because they would need even better equipment than they have already. With SCS Launching its own "Convoy-Mode" it made it very clear for alot of MP players that they would try to meet some of these requests that had gone for ages. With this said let us not forget that TruckersMP are great team of voulenteres while SCS is a big and professional profit-making Corporation that has the tools and experiences to work on a development which TruckersMP as a small modification platform does not.

TruckersMP came out of directly being nothing which only a small group of people believed in, until Eryk (First TMP Dev) made the first release of it. Over these years the team has become a bigger thing and provided a great amount of joy, sadness but also new friendships. The outcome of SCS competing against TruckersMP would obviously fall to the team from SCS, however i believe TruckersMP would try to continue to keep their community updated, as far as they possible could do as we have seen these updates about vehicles. Despite running away from the Trucking Community by adding seperated cars and busses which was not really a part of the Trucking thing, still are they trying to find new possible ideas to update to their community that are still around.

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

3 hours ago, LillefixHD said:

Oi caminhoneiro!

Resumindo:
é cada vez mais óbvio que o TruckersMP precisa repensar como eles querem administrar essa comunidade realmente ótima, se quiserem competir contra as próximas atualizações do SCS com o Convoy Mode.

Como já vimos ao longo do ano, muitos jogadores decidiram sair do TruckersMP em vez do SCS MP, mas também devido à diminuição do prazer do TruckersMP, falta de tempo ou devido a problemas com a forma como as coisas eram / são executadas. Eu espero o melhor para o TruckersMP porque ao longo dos anos eles construíram algo que ninguém acreditava que se tornaria uma coisa.

Profundo:

A SCS Software (desenvolvedora serial do Euro Truck Simulator) negava há anos que consideraria um recurso multiplayer para seu jogo. No entanto, este foi um grande pedido de sua comunidade que eles repetidamente falharam em ouvir. Anos se passaram e um dos meus antigos amigos começou a trabalhar na primeira versão do TruckersMP (ETS2MP), o que fez com que muitos jogadores de SP se tornassem uma parte ativa de quando foi lançado. Enquanto isso, eles trabalharam duro para que o TruckersMP continuasse a receber atualizações do SCS , eles nunca foram realmente uma modificação competitiva do jogo base. Como você já deve saber. SCSnão tinha nenhuma intenção desde o início de fazer um multiplayer, mas isso foi logo mudado depois que eles perceberam o quão boa a comunidade TruckersMP levou o resultado do lançamento de uma versão modificada do jogo base ETS2 , permitindo que os amigos jogassem juntos.

SE e eu estou dizendo que se a SCS Software decidisse que eles iriam competir contra o TruckersMP, então eu acho que isso significaria mais atualizações que o TruckersMP não poderia competir.
Já vimos que o TruckersMP não é capaz de executar o DLC Special Transport através dos servidores, devido ao fato de também ser baseado em IA. isso significaria que a TruckersMP se tornaria mais dependente das doações do Patreon, porque precisaria de equipamentos ainda melhores do que já têm. Com o SCS lançando seu próprio "Modo Comboio", ficou muito claro para muitos MP players que eles tentariam atender a alguns desses pedidos que já duravam anos. Dito isto não nos esqueçamos que os TruckersMP são uma grande equipa de vouenteres enquanto SCSé uma grande e profissional corporação com fins lucrativos que possui as ferramentas e experiências para trabalhar em um desenvolvimento que a TruckersMP como uma pequena plataforma de modificação não possui.

TruckersMP saiu diretamente de ser nada em que apenas um pequeno grupo de pessoas acreditava, até que Eryk (First TMP Dev) fez o primeiro lançamento dele. Ao longo destes anos a equipa tornou-se uma coisa maior e proporcionou muita alegria, tristeza mas também novas amizades. O resultado da competição da SCS contra a TruckersMP obviamente recairia para a equipe da SCS , no entanto acredito que a TruckersMP tentaria continuar mantendo sua comunidade atualizada, na medida do possível, pois vimos essas atualizações sobre veículos. Apesar de fugir da Comunidade de Caminhões adicionando carros e ônibus separados que não faziam realmente parte da coisa de Caminhões, eles ainda estão tentando encontrar novas ideias possíveis para atualizar para sua comunidade que ainda está por aí.

I liked your words, we still have a problem that we should take into account. 

So whoever owns the game is SCS, SCS must have given TMP a license/contract for TMP to be able to use the game for its game base. 

Now SCS has its multiplayer mode and if you take this license away from TMP what will the future of TMP look like? And something we have to think about. 

1 hour ago, "RICKY" said:

I liked your words, we still have a problem that we should take into account. 

So whoever owns the game is SCS, SCS must have given TMP a license/contract for TMP to be able to use the game for its game base. 

Now SCS has its multiplayer mode and if you take this license away from TMP what will the future of TMP look like? And something we have to think about. 

Exactly. SCS Software has 100% copyrights of their game and codes, TruckersMP simply would become a lawcase in Court if they were to stop the current "deal/contract" that for sure is in place

However i do not believe that SCS would make any changes towards the work of TruckersMP despite that they are running their own version now

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

5 hours ago, LillefixHD said:

Hey there trucker!

In short:
It is more and more obviously thay TruckersMP needs to re-think how they want to run this really great community, if they want to compete against the upcoming updates from SCS with the Convoy Mode.

As we have seen already over the year, alot of players had decided to quit TruckersMP over the SCS MP, but also due to either decreasing enjoyment of TruckersMP, lack of time or due to issues with how things were/are ran. I do myself hope the best for the TruckersMP because over the years they have builded up something that no-body believed would become a thing.

In Deep:

SCS Software (Euro Truck Simulator serial developer) had been denieing for years that they would consider a multiplayer feature for their game. However this was a big request by their community which they over and over failed to listen to. Years went through and one of my former friends started to work on the first release of TruckersMP (ETS2MP) which caused alot of SP players to become an active part of when it was first released. Meanwhile they worked hard on getting TruckersMP to continue meeting updates from SCS, they were never really a competitive modification of the basegame. As you may know already. SCS had no intentions from the beginning to make a multiplayer, but that was soon changed after they noticed how good the TruckersMP's Community took the outcome of the release of a modificated version of the ETS2 base-game, allowing friends to play together.

IF and i am saying IF SCS Software decided that they would compete against TruckersMP, then i think it would mean more updates that TruckersMP could not be able to compete against.
We have already seen that TruckersMP are not able to run the Special Transport DLC through the servers, due to the fact that it is also AI based. it would mean that TruckersMP would become more relying on the donations of Patreon, because they would need even better equipment than they have already. With SCS Launching its own "Convoy-Mode" it made it very clear for alot of MP players that they would try to meet some of these requests that had gone for ages. With this said let us not forget that TruckersMP are great team of voulenteres while SCS is a big and professional profit-making Corporation that has the tools and experiences to work on a development which TruckersMP as a small modification platform does not.

TruckersMP came out of directly being nothing which only a small group of people believed in, until Eryk (First TMP Dev) made the first release of it. Over these years the team has become a bigger thing and provided a great amount of joy, sadness but also new friendships. The outcome of SCS competing against TruckersMP would obviously fall to the team from SCS, however i believe TruckersMP would try to continue to keep their community updated, as far as they possible could do as we have seen these updates about vehicles. Despite running away from the Trucking Community by adding seperated cars and busses which was not really a part of the Trucking thing, still are they trying to find new possible ideas to update to their community that are still around.

Well said there, like Eryk i'm also from the start of Truckersmp i seen so much chances over the year, some bad but in overal good decisions, also we do support more mods then before, our latest is dbus. We have it up and running before SCS do and that is something can we can be proud on.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey,

I thought I would have a say on this over the past 5-6 years being part of the community I would say watching the whole community grow to 1 million players to 2 million players 3,4 etc. It's really impressive and the thing is as well theres been other communities which were created to try and compete with TruckersMP which I will say none of them have succeeded which goes to show how hard it is to actually work and maintain a proper multiplayer mod. With how much effort and time which has gone into such a big community giving the players what they want and focusing on how they can improve it has really bought a lot of people to the community. Now, I am not saying this is mod is the most perfect thing in the world there are a couple of things like everything else which needs to improving but again it does take time and it's still in Alpha stage. However, back to the real question Where do I see TMP in the future? Well, if it keeps going at a rate as it is hopefully the community would of expanded with a lot more features to the players and hopefully will open a lot more doors for the staff team especially the developers and who knows they could be working with other 'game' developers to create something big. 

Who can tell the future?

One can express one's wishes and imaginations, but this doesn't mean they will become true.

Certain decisions made by the TruckersMP team left me stunned, others excited. It can't be an easy task to try to manage the balancing act of satisfying the different interests of their community, and I applaud their efforts.

Nevertheless, TruckersMP has to put up with the question as to why their mod is better known in social media by the infamous Calais-Duisburg area instead of exciting features and challenges worth achieving.

TruckersMP certainly has a future. But it will be interesting to see which kind of audience and interests it has to deal with.

I have been a part of this system for many years and have been exposed to quite different decisions, players and situations. After a small analysis of the past, I will share with you my thoughts and ideas for the future.

In the past, until the last days of the 150 limit, the quality of the player, environment quality, logistics and team environments in the game was completely different. The majority of the game really comes in to play the game, have fun, spend time and leave. No one made a special effort to ban players or put them in a difficult situation. Even the person who took the screen recording was not properly present. But the unbelievable trolling of the recent audience has led to strict rules followed by server downsizing, and I just had to follow through with regret. It is a devastating situation when a business that has worked for its good for a long time is sabotaged by a handful of malicious people. There have been tons of rules, systems, graphics, and game dynamics that have changed since then. System inadequacies, optimization problems that could not be avoided in the multiplayer system that has been going on for years, bugs and many more started to destroy the giant 2 server of this game with +10 thousand people. I can say that I was a little surprised that it has even survived to this day. At the moment, we are only gathering 3 thousand people on 1 server in the name of Simulation. And the punishments taken by the people who were responsible stayed with them, while the good players continue to live and stay well in this environment created by them.

Although I am half satisfied with today's system, I can say that it keeps the rhythm with updates from time to time. And for the future, my wish is to see a server where trolls are reduced, rules are weighed against the best fairness scales, there are adequate and valid graphics and modeling updates, bugs are always fixed, and the optimization problem is gone. . I hope everything turns out the way we want. Also, I hope we stay in this environment with our loved ones. A server away from thoughtless, malicious and bullying people will be good for this community.

Have a nice day.

Kind Regards
Black Alcoa

Im not sure in my opinion there are not as many players on truckersmp as there use to be i remember nearly everyday there were 4000 players in one server now there is only 3600  sometimes 3000 id like to say it will keep going but if players keep declining i cant see it holding out which would be a great shame 

• 4 weeks later...

Heya!

Since your topic has been inactive for over fourteen (14) days, I will lock and move it to our Archive section. 
We apply these procedures, in order to keep the forum organized and structured. 

If you have any questions, feel free to DM me. 

//Locked & Moved to Archive

Kind Regards

Nody,

TruckersMP Forum Moderator.

Archived