How do you drive your truck?

Hello. I thought I would create this topic to see how people drive their truck and what their views are. For me when I am driving my truck I use the steering camera view so as I turn my wheel my vision turns with the truck. Do you use this feature or do you use the default feature or do you use a visual tracking device let me know in the comments below thank you

Well i do use the steering camera view like u. Before that, ive tried facetracknoir - a third party app that tracks ur face movement by the webcam. It works not so well if your enviroment is lack of light. I dont recommend using it for TMP as there will be a latency from ur movement to the ingame camera. So, keep it in the singleplayer if u want the fully realistic gameplay with the cheapest budget.

I don't use the steering camera rotation, instead, I assigned the "rotating dial" in my G29 as "Interior look left" and "Interior look right", with the button set as "Interior camera" (the default "1" key), so I can turn my view 90 degrees to each side when needed and go back to look ahead in just a couple of moves. I've tried FaceTrackNoir too but didn't like it either, I'd love to have one of those TrackIR or Tobii devices but they are "way above my paygrade" currently.

6 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

I tried the steering camera view, but found it not being helpful when reversing because it made me lose sight of the exterior mirrors.

Most of the time, TrackIR 5 is my reliable companion for simulators.

I was curious about your comment regarding TrackIR5 and went to research, in your opinion is it worth buying? 

What's your opinion? And feedback? 

52 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

I was curious about your comment regarding TrackIR5 and went to research, in your opinion is it worth buying? 

I do not use trackIR I just use the ingame settings. So when I turn my wheel either left or right the view will turn with the truck. Makes driving more enjoyable. 

47 minutes ago, "RICKY" said:

I've had mostly satisfying results! ?
Only in extreme bright light situations, e.g. direct sunlight hitting the IR sensor, it can fail to detect the clip mounted on your headset or the clip mounted on the cap.

However, please note that you either have to wear the cap or a headset for the two different clips to attach to.
I haven't tried Tobii Eye Tracker 5, but from what I understand it works without any additional receiver and could be more convinient, denpending on your preferences.

I'm driving with the mouse, and my camera is stable. However, I have assigned a key to look around in the cabin, and while holding the key, I move it with my mouse and look around. In general, if there is a bend on the road, I turn my camera angle towards the direction of the bend and drive in that way, so I see the angle I turned while making a turn.

q1MsQT6.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

Interior view and I used my left and right buttons on my G27 Shifter to look in either direction.

I do have TrackIR, but don't really use it anyone as I didn't find it very natural feeling - considering getting the Tobii Eye Tracker 5, but it's quite pricey at the moment.

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Archived