Should a limit be placed on the number of strobes on the vehicle?

Tσmmy

Hi guys, I would like to bring this topic to you, because there are drivers who have too many strobes on their vehicles. This negatively affects the computer of anyone who meets these drivers. What do you think about this issue?

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

Hello, about this question, if you think the other party has too many flashing lights, you can find Graphics on TAB, and find Additional lights to turn off, so that you can't see other people's flashing lights, and turn them off according to the following pictures.

Hope it helps with your problem

spacer.png

亲切问候

倩霞

Useful Links:

TMP举报|TMP规则|TMP知识库|TMP反馈系统|TMP支持系统

社会的:

卡车司机MP|卡车司机MP论坛|蒸汽|VTC

垫片.png

Hello Tommy, I agree with you. Sometimes people need to limit themselves with how many strobes they put on their trucks. Unfortunately, there is no way to set a limit, though  as Tu.Hu-Qian has mentioned you can turn the lights/strobes off in the Graphics Tab.❤️ 

Kind regards,

Blehmaster

Hello Tommy!

Thank you for creating this topic. Sadly, it seems a lot of players within our community duplicate these strobe lights to their vehicles via save editing to an amount that far exceeds what is permitted. Thankfully, if a player has an excessive amount of strobe lights which negatively impacts other users, e.g. causing lag, this falls under rule §3 - Save Editing and action can be taken as a result.

Rest assured, our Game Moderators know when there is an excessive amount and will step in to resolve the matter. Alternatively, you can always turn off strobe lights in the TAB settings, as mentioned above.

Happy trucking!

- Jas

banner.png

2 hours ago, Tu.Hu-Qian Xia[002] said:

Hello, about this question, if you think the other party has too many flashing lights, you can find Graphics on TAB, and find Additional lights to turn off, so that you can't see other people's flashing lights, and turn them off according to the following pictures.

spacer.png

Hello, thank you so much for this tip. I will use it ?

2 hours ago, Jas. said:

Hello Tommy!

Thank you for creating this topic. Sadly, it seems a lot of players within our community duplicate these strobe lights to their vehicles via save editing to an amount that far exceeds what is permitted. Thankfully, if a player has an excessive amount of strobe lights which negatively impacts other users, e.g. causing lag, this falls under rule §3 - Save Editing and action can be taken as a result.

Rest assured, our Game Moderators know when there is an excessive amount and will step in to resolve the matter. Alternatively, you can always turn off strobe lights in the TAB settings, as mentioned above.

Happy trucking!

- Jas

I know this and I can see it in-game. Our moderators are doing their best. Thank you and your team. ?

“Be careful who you trust, Sergeant. People you know can hurt you the most.”

When i just bought the game, i thought it would be cool to modify such plenty of strobe light but then i noticed that it caused the game droping fps so much.

Im using GTX1650 and around 10 strobe lights will propaly affects my game. So i hope TMP will add an alternative rule of save-edit that is the limitation of strobe lights.

I think yes, there should be a limit, it can impact other users performance, so it's "already" technically againts the rules : "If the Game Moderation Management thinks that your modification is not fit for our servers or negatively impacts other people, you are liable to be banned until the modification has been removed", but many still have, and you don't need to even save edit to cause problems to other users,

When i counter one of those trucks full of strobe light, my performance suddendly drop by A LOT, then it comes back to normal once they passed. If this is just what happen to me when i counter them, imagine what is it driving with them all the time near you ?

In addition to this, those trucks full of strobe lights are ugly as hell ?

This is what i see when i counter them:

spacer.png

spacer.png _raffaele_ spacer.png

I only installed the flash on the bottom of the truck

Language: Chinese/English

Discord:hengya0512            I want everyone to be able to drive safely on the road!❤️

1 Truck Alone, with an excessive Mount of Slotstacked Strobes or Lights, will not effect this hard the Performance of other Players but 100 will do definetly, as you can see in high Populated Areas!

This is a Multiplayer Game! To get this Game working as intended for Everyone who want to play it properly, we need to think before we editing a mobile X-Mas Tree with +300 till Endless additional mounted Lights!

Hello Tσmmy, 

@Tu.Hu-Qian Xia[002]as said that you can lift the intensity of these lights in the setting in the TAB in the game and not take a reflection from the players' lights. You can try to how effective that is. ? 

q1MsQT6.png

Languages: I TR I EN |  Discord: pofii

TR | Kurallar | Ban İtirazı | Destek Sistemi | Raporlama Sistemi | Geri Bildirim

EN | Rules | Ban Appeal | Support System | Report System | Feedback |

1797472539_TMP.png.e59ae11c070d542b6b8fb 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/24/2022 at 5:18 PM, Qian Xia said:

spacer.png

Like mentioned by @Qian Xia, I personally use this method and just turn it off.

But yes, there should be a limit to a degree - like you shouldn't be able to cover your entire truck in beacons. 

ecNR1ul.png

169325408_role_RetiredTeamMember(1).png.

In Game Administrator - 2014 - 2019

Hey there trucker!

I am not really sure why we should have a limit of strobes. Yes they may cause lag but you could decrease your graphic settings to avoid that.

To be really honest with this question, i think saveedition is the main reason for the cause of laggins. I see more and more save-edited trucks that are edited so horrible that you gain a massive lag while being nearby that player.

so i am not sure why the limit should be put at strobes, as strobes are barely making any issue with lagging atall.

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

13 hours ago, blabberbeak said:

Anybody here who enjoys to play games at low graphic settings?

You´ve probably guessed it already - it´s a rhetorical question.

Rather play low graphics in a crowded area than removing my strobes. 

if your hardware cannot manage High graphic settings in a crowded place, then what do you do? You turn it Down 🙂

My supported languages:

English, Danish, Norwegian

Helpfull Links:

Support | Rules | FeedbackAppeal

The only "extra" lights in my trucks are those that come in one of the sun visors, and only because when I want to greet other players I find on the road, I use the "light horn" and those are easier to notice. Even when I haul heavy cargo trailers, I only use the radiant that most of these trailers have at the back by default. No need for more and anyway, most people don't pay any attention to light warnings in a truck or trailer, because it has become so normal to see all kinds of vehicles, with or without cargo, using dozens of needless lights, beacons and strobes that they lost any real meaning.

And my computer can handle those lights without noticeable FPS drops. But knowing that many others are not so lucky, I find it disrespectful to use anything that would ruin their FPS or make them have to lower their graphic settings. Of course, this is just my opinion. Other players' opinion, as we can see, is "If your PC can't handle my super-duper cool truck, lower your graphic settings".

Archived