Experiencing kernel error or random crashes on TruckersMP Island? ×

I can't get it to take the ETS2 data directory

diablosoy

Question

Hello. I have installed truckermp to play online and at first everything seems correct. The problem is that when I start the game through access to truckersmp it starts fine, I log in and when I select to play with promods it tells me that the def file is missing in the mod folder. I have seen that when ETS2 starts it creates a new folder in documents without profiles, that is, as if I were playing the game for the first time. I have ETS2 and the data folder installed on another hard drive and when I start ETS2 normal it takes it.
  In the launch parameters of the game in STEAM I have set the path - homedir "D:\Games\\Euro Truck Simulator 2" which is where I have the data. Can someone help me or tell me how to force Truckersmp to take the folder where I have all the data?

7 answers to this question

Some files of the games installed on your computer may be damaged for various reasons. The causes of damage to game files can be viruses, power outages, or improper shutdown of your computer. In this guide, I will show you how to verify the integrity of the game cache on Steam. After this procedure, the problem you have experienced will be solved, even if it is small. ?

1-) Let's log in to your Steam account and go to the " Library " section, 

2-) After coming to the Library section, right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and say Properties,

3-) After saying Properties, let's come to the Local Files section,

4-) Local Files, after coming to the section, click on the Verify Game File Integrity option.
5-) After pressing the "Verify File Integrity" option, your game will receive a small update, and your missing files will be downloaded again on this update screen, this saves you from deleting the game.

Hello there!

Has your question been answered with the above given answers?

Your confirmation of the status of your issue helps us keep the forum always organized!

I await your return!

Kind Regards,

Cute Fast

TruckersMP Support

truckersmp-logo-sm.png

----------
ZZdd5tf.png

Languages/Diller: 1f1f9-1f1f7.png  (primary) /   1f1fa-1f1f8.png 1f1e9-1f1ea.png

Support - Appeal - TruckersMP Rules - Feedback - Report

7 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

You do the same thing as in single player, but adding the "-homedir..." modifier to the TruckersMP desktop shortcut, right click on it, open Properties and in the Target "box", you add -homedir "D:\Games\Euro Truck Simulator 2" at the end. 

I have tried putting the following:

"C:\Program Files\TruckersMP Launcher\Launcher.exe" -homedir "D:\games\Euro Truck Simulator 2"

The result is the same, it creates a new folder for me in documents and it does not take the indicated directory.

7 hours ago, Halaskâr said:

Some files of the games installed on your computer may be damaged for various reasons. The causes of damage to game files can be viruses, power outages, or improper shutdown of your computer. In this guide, I will show you how to verify the integrity of the game cache on Steam. After this procedure, the problem you have experienced will be solved, even if it is small. ?

1-) Let's log in to your Steam account and go to the " Library " section, 

2-) After coming to the Library section, right-click on Euro Truck Simulator 2 and say Properties,

3-) After saying Properties, let's come to the Local Files section,

4-) Local Files, after coming to the section, click on the Verify Game File Integrity option.
5-) After pressing the "Verify File Integrity" option, your game will receive a small update, and your missing files will be downloaded again on this update screen, this saves you from deleting the game.

I have performed the steps described and the verification of files has been correct. It hasn't solved my problem.
What I don't want to do is move all the data from drive D to drive C because the latter has less capacity.
Any suggestion?

When you use  -homedir, you shoud point at the full path where your profiles and data actually are. If that path is not exactly "D:\games\Euro Truck Simulator 2" (which I doubt, because the game creates different files and sub-folders inside Documents by default, more specifically a "profiles" sub-folder) it won't work.

Another option, open a command prompt with Win+R - cmd.exe - Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Type and  send this:

mklink /d "C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles" "D:\<target folder>"

Then, make sure that your profiles are actually located inside the <target folder>

With this, the changed location for the profiles is linked in the default location where ETS2 and TruckersMP will look for it, so you wouldn't need to use -homedir anymore.

EDIT: If you have promods, which takes a good chunk of storage, you can do the same thing, like:

mklink /d "C:\users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" "D:\games\ETS2\mod"

Then, you put the Promods or any other mods' files you may have inside that "D:\games\ETS2\mod" folder and both the game and TMP should be able to find them.

EDIT 2: The command will give an error message if the name for the link you want to create already exists in the Documents folder. Like, if you try to create a link called mod to a folder in a different drive and there's already a folder named mod where you want to create the link, it won't let you. You'd need to move the folders (e.g. profiles, mod) to the new location in D:\ and then create the links.

Credits: 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, FernandoCR [ESP] said:

When you use  -homedir, you shoud point at the full path where your profiles and data actually are. If that path is not exactly "D:\games\Euro Truck Simulator 2" (which I doubt, because the game creates different files and sub-folders inside Documents by default, more specifically a "profiles" sub-folder) it won't work.

Another option, open a command prompt with Win+R - cmd.exe - Ctrl+Shift+Enter. Type and  send this:

mklink /d "C:\Users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\profiles" "D:\<target folder>"

Then, make sure that your profiles are actually located inside the <target folder>

With this, the changed location for the profiles is linked in the default location where ETS2 and TruckersMP will look for it, so you wouldn't need to use -homedir anymore.

EDIT: If you have promods, which takes a good chunk of storage, you can do the same thing, like:

mklink /d "C:\users\yourUserID\Documents\Euro Truck Simulator 2\mod" "D:\games\ETS2\mod"

Then, you put the Promods or any other mods' files you may have inside that "D:\games\ETS2\mod" folder and both the game and TMP should be able to find them.

EDIT 2: The command will give an error message if the name for the link you want to create already exists in the Documents folder. Like, if you try to create a link called mod to a folder in a different drive and there's already a folder named mod where you want to create the link, it won't let you. You'd need to move the folders (e.g. profiles, mod) to the new location in D:\ and then create the links.

Credits: 

Thanks for the help. After several attempts with the last form that you have told me I have achieved it. I can now play in TruckersMP

fixed

• HaulieThumbsUp 1

Hello there,

Since you solved your issue, I will go ahead and move this topic to solved topics.

If you have anymore issue in the future, feel free to contact us again.

Kind Regards,

ScanvaUK 

TruckersMP Support

//Locked and Moved to Solved.