Why are we playing ATS less?

Hawkmusen

On 10/23/2022 at 2:24 AM, Somehow Lucky said:

The problems with ATS in it's 2017 "baby stages"

1. Lack of variety with trucks. ETS 2 has about triple the amount of trucks

I am compelled to answer to this one because it is such a bloody outdated and outright lie.

ETS currently has 18 trucks in the base game

ATS currently has 12 trucks in the base game

You are basing this information of yours on outdated information because you never touched ATS after the game's initial launch. 18 and 12 do not make 3.

2 hours ago, Snow Sheltie said:

I am compelled to answer to this one because it is such a bloody outdated and outright lie.

ETS currently has 18 trucks in the base game

ATS currently has 12 trucks in the base game

You are basing this information of yours on outdated information because you never touched ATS after the game's initial launch. 18 and 12 do not make 3.

FYI, i just played ATS last week. Was working on a project and i forgot to set the video to the game, so it recorded black screen the entire time (whoops). And yea, prior to that, i haven't touched ATS since about 2019ish. Why? Boring drives and i'm waiting for my homestate of GA to be added before i commit to a new profile. Last time i truly played ATS was August 2017.

According to https://truck-simulator.fandom.com/wiki/Euro_Truck_Simulator_2_Truck_Dealers, it's 16-12 with 7 brands total.

^^^ My guess is that "slow" comes only because the roads and environment are different and it can feel like that, even when in TMP, the speed limit in ATS is higher, 80 mph = 129 Km/h vs. 110 Km/h in ETS2. And about the turning, it might come because many people will always go for the biggest truck available (deathmatch mentality, you know, it's multiplayer so you need the biggest gun), and of course, the biggest ATS trucks are way longer than anything in ETS2 and the turning radius is obviously bigger.

Guest [OCSC Event] Antho

The basic game, I mean the graphics, is not exceptional on ATS. A bit like the early days of ETS2, all the roads look the same, and they are very wide open spaces with sometimes straight lines so it's less interesting than ETS2.

Personally, I like ATS a lot, and I also find it's a shame that very few players are on ATS (TruckersMP). The reason we are on TMP is that we like open worlds with many players. The fact that the TMP game servers don't gather more than 100 players on ATS at any time of the day (except during events) does not motivate us so much...
The game is much less promoted on TruckersMP but it's also basically promoted by SCS so it doesn't encourage players to get involved.
However, the new DLCs on ATS are very well done, as well as the Promods (despite its small size), so yes, it's a shame that only a few of us play it.

Archived